Thread: snoop link?

snoop link?

Whats the link to snoop? that thingy that tells you if crap is rumors or not.

Subsequently you will LOSE EVERYTHING IN YOUR PC and the person >>who >>sent it to you will gain access to your name, e-mail and password. >> >> This is a new virus which started to circulate Saturday afternoon. >> AOL has already confirmed the severity, and the antivirus >>software's are not capable of destroying it. The virus has been created by >>a >>hacker who calls himself "life owner."

wed like to know if its a rumore or not. but cant remeber the URL to the snoop page.

~ ~ R. I. P Kirby 9/24/99 - 3/3/14 ~ ~
    ~* * * Blog_ Dogster__Catster* * *~

~○~♥----------♥---~○♥○~------♥----------♥~○~

()__()
    (o  o) /\
    |   \/   \
    |     \vw\
    | )| )( )------------<

http://www.off-white.eu/

I've been Defrosted!

Thanks for the great signature Kay!

You probably mean http://snopes.com

Yes that's entirely impossible for anyone to do, don't worry!

facebook

It's not impossible at all. If some gullible person opens an email containing a trojan or a programme in that email containing a trojan, it's quite possible to obtain details from an unprotected machine. Best protection is not to open those emails and keep your security software up to date.

Quote Originally Posted by G535
    It's not impossible at all. If some gullible person opens an email containing a trojan or a programme in that email containing a trojan, it's quite possible to obtain details from an unprotected machine. Best protection is not to open those emails and keep your security software up to date.
    Yes and no. Just opening an email won't do anything. Downloading attachments or visiting links will. That would be your fault though for downloading the program or whatever. That's why you should never open emails from someone you don't know, and definitely NEVER download attachments from someone you don't know!

Simply just opening an email from someone will not give the sender access to your computer though, was what I was referring to. Unless you have some program that auto-downloads all attachments, which would be a dumb idea for obvious reasons.

facebook

Actually, there are macro viruses which WILL infect your machine from simply opening an email, whether you download anything or not. Those viruses are why microsoft was scrambling to cover it's back doors in several virus attacks, and they are among the reasons microsquash needs to keep issuing service packs and updates to their programs. ( we lost our mail server on the post I was at twice for just that reason)

THe best defense against viruses is to keep your system OS and programs up to date, and keep your virus s/w updated constantly.

That having been said, with VERY few exceptions, if you get an email about a new virus it's quite probably a hoax. There was even one email about a virus that if you followed the instructions in the email it would completely disable your OS and force you to reload winbloze.

That's why I use Linux! As a part time programmer I find it quite easy to experiment with virus writing on my test machines, it's really amazing what they can do to a Windows' machine. Joe Public would be well advised to learn more about what he uses every day and become more security conscious.

I hate Windows! And I had to preach to my I.T. department at work about that very thing. The antivirus had expired and they didn't have downloading disabled for everyone so all kinds of crap were getting put on them. I would like Linux some day. However, my brother just fixed my computer after a nasty virus. Even had to order a new Windows XP service pack. So, I wish I would have requested Linux. I use Firefox for a browser at home. I love it! I'll bet our computers here at work are very easy to crack into. As my brother calls it, Internet Exploder.

9/3/13
    I did the right thing by setting you free
    But the pain is very deep.
    If only I could turn back time, forever, you I'd keep.
    I miss you

I hear you whimper in your sleep
    I gently pet you and say, no bad dreams
    It will be alright, to my dog as dark as night.

Fur as dark as the night.
    Join me on this flight.
    Paws of love that follow me.
    In my heart you'll forever be.
    [/SIZE]

How I wish I could hold you near.
    Turn back time to make it so.
    Hug you close and never let go.
    11/12/06