Thread: Slimy Companies

Slimy Companies

Well, Fingerhut is the first big company on my personal boycott forever list now in relation to recent events. Paul was technically a Junior, and his obituary listed his full name. Now, just weeks after he died, I received a Fingerhut catalog addressed to my own name, with "Jr." tacked on the end - obviously "mined" from his public obituary listing, as I have never ever, ever been or used Jr. connected with my own name.

Not only that, the cover - preprinted - contains both "Welcome new member" (NOT!!!!) and "This May Be Your Last Catalogue" (I doubt it!)

Way to try to capitalize on someone's grief, Fingerhut!
    I've Been Frosted

Quote Originally Posted by Karen View Post
    Well, Fingerhut is the first big company on my personal boycott forever list now in relation to recent events. Paul was technically a Junior, and his obituary listed his full name. Now, just weeks after he died, I received a Fingerhut catalog addressed to my own name, with "Jr." tacked on the end - obviously "mined" from his public obituary listing, as I have never ever, ever been or used Jr. connected with my own name.

Not only that, the cover - preprinted - contains both "Welcome new member" (NOT!!!!) and "This May Be Your Last Catalogue" (I doubt it!)

Way to try to capitalize on someone's grief, Fingerhut!
    Sorry you are going through this, too. There are more than a few creepy companies out there.

Hugs.
    Anne
    Meowmie to Mr. Spunky, Lady Jane, Bob, Callie, Kimi, and fosters Lucy Lou (home) and HRH Oliver Woodrow von Katz (in Suzy's Zoo Sanctuary).

I've been Boo'd ... right off the stage!

RIP Samwise (Dec 2, 2014), Emily (Oct 8, 2013), Rose (Sept 24, 2001), Maggie (Fall 2003)

Goodness, that is terrible! Did you write to complain? Want me to? Be GLAD to give them a piece of my mind!
    Thank you Karen, for fixing my siggy!

I have an overwhelming amount of more important things to do, so have at 'em, Sandy!
    I've Been Frosted

Show no mercy Sandy! Sleazy buggers.

I was listening to a consumer advocate on talk radio over the weekend and he was discussing how in the "old days" only shady companies did unethical things but now even the big name companies that we "trust" will try anything and claim ingnorance when caught, everything is open season now....SAD! I am sorry they did that for you how awful! I am confused why they would want to data mine an obituary though not to be callous but those can't make for good customers?
    don't breed or buy while shelter dogs die....

I have been frosted!

Thanks Kfamr for the signature!

There seem to be companies that think it's better to ask for forgiveness than permission.

Go get 'em, Sandie!
    "What other people think of me is none of my business." -- Wayne Dyer

Karen, I'm so sorry you have to deal with such letters, especially at this time. I got phone calls and letters for John about 5 years after he passed. I hope this will be the end of it.

(((hugs)))

"I don't know which weapons will be used in the third World war, but in the fourth, it will be sticks and stones" --- Albert Einstein.