Thread: Losing an Old Family friend

Losing an Old Family friend

Sometime in the next few days we will be losing an old family friend.the lady i cut grass for Phyllis Mcrobbie(pronounced Mik- crow- bee) who ,is 97 years old.She wanted me to come over last Tuesday to weed her flowerbeds,she was out wqiht her walker on the bumpy lawn,I was just getting started on weeding,turned and saw her fall to the ground.She had a device around her neck,she buzzed for help,she had me go in to use it again by that time they phoned,I answered their questions,said they were calling the ambulance.I had to go in again and they called,I talked to them.After that,the paramedics got there,they got a thing called a scoop they put under her and got here on a stretcher and put her in the ambulance.She was taken to Oshawa,she had Kidney dialysis the next day.She had Xrays,a broken wrist and hip which is not good for a 97 year old.She would not be able to stand the rigors of a hip replacement,she wouldn't be able to go home again and look after herself so she decided go off dialysis.Mom went and saw her over there,she was good spirits despite the circumstances,she did a lot of praying,said she is ready to go but also not ready to go.She has been having trouble walking,she has been using a scooter.A lot of her family has been there to see,daughter ,son,Grandson,son is from British Columbia,sisters and her younger brother.The Grandson Todd,sent me a lovely note last Wednesday via Facebook,I will share it with you:Hi Barry,my family and I wanted to let you know how grateful we are that you were there with Grandma when she fell.I was with her today(Wednesday) and she was really happy that you were there with her.You have known her your whole life so she was comforted by that.Thanks Barry.Not a great thing to see happen,I was just there to flowerbeds,her neighbor came over and got her medication to give to the paramedics,he called her daughter was no, answer,another friend came by,Phyliss's neighbor gave her friend the daughter's phone number to try and call her.I am glad I was there,don't know what would have happened if no one was there.I think she planned for me to be there,somebody had to go in and talk to Ambulance dispatch and the people that she alerted for help. She has been a great friend,appreciated all the work i did for her over the years and I will miss her a lot.I stayed calm throughout the whole thing didn't panic.Her daughter still wants the grass cut,will do it until house is sold,most likely by the Fall.
    Last edited by fritz03; 05-25-2015 at 12:54 PM.
    thanks very much devon. I have been boo'd.

Aww, you and she will be in our prayers.
    I've Been Frosted

How wonderful you were there, Barry.

The mom of a friend of mine had some health problems and went into hospital. After treatment her heart was weaker and she couldn't go back to the assisted living place where she had lived - she would have to go to a nursing home.

She decided against that and chose to also go off dialysis. She was 89 - her passing was peaceful.

She is brave, and so were you. I know you and many others will miss her very much.
    "A day without sunshine is like, you know, night." -- Steve Martin

Friend Passed away

Our old friend Phyllis Mcrobbie passed away Wednesday morning,she was 97.She was brought back to our hospital on Monday.Visitation is today from 2-4 and 6-8,will be going then.Funeral is from Trinity United on Saturday at 2.Obituary is on www.northcuttelliott.com. Very kind lady,love by a lot of people,will be missed.Once about 4 years ago this June I was at her house trimming hedges and pruning an Evergreen tree,was there from 9 until three,she was still driving at the time.She went and got us both a Sub and each a Diet Coke,another time made me an Grilled Cheese sandwich.
    thanks very much devon. I have been boo'd.

Barry, I am so sorry for your loss of your friend. I'm glad you were able to help her when she fell.
    I've been Boo'd ... right off the stage!

Aaahh, I have been defrosted! Thank you, Bonny and Asiel!
    Brrrr, I've been Frosted! Thank you, Asiel and Pomtzu!

"When dogs are looking at you, they're essentially hugging you with their eyes." -- Dr. Brian Hare

"That's the power of kittens (and puppies too, of course): They can reduce us to quivering masses of Jell-O in about two seconds flat and make us like it. Good thing they don't have opposable thumbs or they'd surely have taken over the world by now." -- Paul Lukas

Cassie's Catster page: http://www.catster.com/cats/448678

What a lovely person, and what a wonderful long life she lived. Bless you, Barry, for being such a good friend of hers.

I am so very sorry for the loss of your dear friend. My deepest sympathy to you and all who love her and are grieving her.
    I meant," said Ipslore bitterly, "what is there in this world that truly makes living worthwhile?"
    Death thought about it.
    CATS, he said eventually. CATS ARE NICE.

-- Sir Terry Pratchett (19482015), Sourcery

Sending you my deepest sympathy. I am very sorry for your loss, saying goodbye can be very difficult.

So sorry for your friend and any family. Hugs.
    Anne
    Meowmie to Mr. Spunky, Lady Jane, Bob, Callie, Kimi, and fosters Lucy Lou (home) and HRH Oliver Woodrow von Katz (in Suzy's Zoo Sanctuary).

I've been Boo'd ... right off the stage!

RIP Samwise (Dec 2, 2014), Emily (Oct 8, 2013), Rose (Sept 24, 2001), Maggie (Fall 2003)

I'm sorry for the loss of your neighbor and friend. It seems she was a very nice lady.

Forever in my heart...Casey,Ginger,Corey,Mandy,Sassy,Lacey

Blog Entries
    Sympathy sent to your Barry & Phyllis family. She was a sweet lady & good friend to you.
    The frost is on the pumpkin & I've been BOO'D by two pet talk ghosts.
    Thank you Fritz & Cassiesmom