Thread: Rabbit Cages

Rabbit Cages

Hey everybody,

I've been looking up stuff about Rabbits, but I can't find anywhere that says
    anything about how big a rabbit cage should
    be for one or two rabbits, hopefully some of y'all can help me out. Thanks!
    Dogs!!!

Using multiple exclamation points is a sure sign of insanity!!!

Well, I have no idea, but I keep my one 1.5 pound dwarf rabbit in a medium wire dog crate.

Eva is totally right... a medium-large wire dog crate is the perfect size for a Bun. And, they usually cost less than "rabbit cages" that size. So, 36" x 24" x 23" should be decent size for a medium Bunny.

Also be careful of cages with mesh wire floors, as they can cause hock sores.

<3 Erica, Fozz n' Gonz

Thanks for the info, I was looking into getting a Holland Lop,
    I think they are considered a small breed, most weigh 4 lbs, so I was wondering if THIS cage in the 36" x 24" x 23" would be good,
    also would the biggest size of this cage be big enough for two rabbits? Thanks so much for all the info.
    Dogs!!!

Using multiple exclamation points is a sure sign of insanity!!!

Mine was slightly used when I got it, and I think it might have been that one. I use indor-outdoor carpeting on the bottom and he is litterbox trained, so his pads are all thickly furred and wonderful! Monique says as long as I don't skip anything I should win my class on friday!

My cage was: 4 feet long, 2 feet wide, and 3 feet tall!! that was just the outside! Then there was a 2feet by 2 feet "house" with windows!! We sold it, a girl bought it for her Macaw!
    DeviantArt
    Beth-
    Maggie [lab x germanshepherd], Autumn [Cattle dog x chow], C.P. [Domestic short hair] Henry [domestic short hair] Mittens [siamese/ x ], Buck [paint horse], Indy [Paint horse]

that looks perfect for a Bun, Doggirl! There are some really nice, large Bun cages out there, but most that are decent sized cost at least $100. I think the largest cage could fit two Buns, as long as they're under 3-4 lbs and get plenty of time to run around in a secure room or playpen every day.

Eva, I used newspaper... because my Buns were litter-trained but sometimes they decided to go outside of the litterbox . Wow, Oslo is such a spoiled little guy! Good luck at the show!! ^_~ OMG, he's the cutest, how could he not win?

Beth, that sounds awesome

<3 Erica, Fozz n' Gonz

He poses on his own! I always wanted a dog with a killer free stack, I guess I got a rabbit instead! I just have to get him used to being on his back while we examine his feet and belly.