Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Random feline thoughts

Random feline thoughts

Olive here, the hungriest cat in the world. My meowmie recently started a thing that's very upsetting to me: She's feeding Willa several times a day. Every time this cat asks for food she gets it. I'm asking all the time, and what do I get? Nothing, nada, null, zilch, the eye roll. Granted, this cat is ancient, but does she have to eat all the time? I'm also very insulted when mom calls me fat, rolly poly, chunky monkey, fatty-fatty 2 by 4 (what does that even mean)...
    Ok, getting too weak to type, starving cat signing off, getting weaker by the minute...Keep me in your thoughts!
    Does this look fat?
    Name:  DSC00288.jpg
Views: 113
Size:  932.6 KB
    Last edited by cats4ever; 10-18-2016 at 02:41 PM.
    cats4ever

Not to me it doesn't!

Edited to add: Dear Olive, I think you're purr-fect and your coat looks very soft! I am sending you some extra petting and (ssshh!) a snack.

Your admiring fan,
    Elyse
    Last edited by cassiesmom; 10-18-2016 at 04:05 PM.
    I've been Boo'd ... right off the stage!

Aaahh, I have been defrosted! Thank you, Bonny and Asiel!
    Brrrr, I've been Frosted! Thank you, Asiel and Pomtzu!

"When dogs are looking at you, they're essentially hugging you with their eyes." -- Dr. Brian Hare

"That's the power of kittens (and puppies too, of course): They can reduce us to quivering masses of Jell-O in about two seconds flat and make us like it. Good thing they don't have opposable thumbs or they'd surely have taken over the world by now." -- Paul Lukas

Cassie's Catster page: http://www.catster.com/cats/448678

Oh, dearest Olive, look at that mere skeleton.. wasting away...

Clearly you need more food IMMEDIATELY and WHENEVER YOU WANT MORE!

Last edited by phesina; 10-18-2016 at 02:12 PM.
    I meant," said Ipslore bitterly, "what is there in this world that truly makes living worthwhile?"
    Death thought about it.
    CATS, he said eventually. CATS ARE NICE.

-- Sir Terry Pratchett (19482015), Sourcery

Thank...you.....guys....maybe, meowmie ..will....read this....what the.....

Everybody hold, Olive's meowmie here, that 'little' furball stole my PT password, so this was her last entry. I better wait to change it, she is in my lap right now. Still about 1 1/2 hours til supper, good luck to all of us.
    cats4ever

I can't really judge by only one picture, but Olive doesn't look "fat" there. Not skinny by any means, but more of a normal weight. I had a fat cat once. Funny thing was, he wasn't really into eating much. He was the kind of cat who turned down most wet or dry food. How he got so big, I have no idea. Still, I only feed wet once a day and dry twice. That's reasonable. Olive, when you get older Meowmie will feed you all the time, too.
    Proud to be a crazy cat lady!

Hi, Olive here. Meowmie hasn't changed her password yet. Just had supper, not feeling as weak right now. Thank you, Elyse, waiting for your snack. Thank you, katladyd, I'll put a bug in meowmie's ear, 10 years from now.
    cats4ever

Dear Olive,
    You don't look fat at all in this picture. You look beautiful. Maybe your meowmie will relent soon and let you eat more often. I know kitty cats, they want kitty treats and wet food all the time if they can! They would eat those treats all day if they were allowed! Don't be jealous of Willa

Olive,

Patch here, dad left his computer thingy out where I could get it again.

You're not fat, I tell my humans this all the time. It's just all the fur makes me LOOK chubby. Anyway, when I don't get food and I'm starving I just wait until the humans are asleep and then bug them until they feed me. You might try that, it works for me!

Blog Entries
    Wish I could help ya out there Patch. Ya don't look that porky to me but... if the peeps think ya are then you are hooped. I wonder if there is a healthy food that would make our rather portly kitties feel satisfied and full. There has to e something that is filling and healthy so cats that can burn off calories or are to lazy or chubby to eat. I started feeding my cat spinach, she likes it. Broccoli and Brussels sprouts next, ya never know what a cat will eat unless ya try. I have however googled a lot of things, just in case. All our plants are non toxic to cats and we are as diligent as possible no bad stuff shall pass through their wee lips

Dear Olive - it's Halloween, and I think that justifies a kitty treat (or a few) for you! I would serve them to you if I could

Your admiring fan,
    Elyse

"When dogs are looking at you, they're essentially hugging you with their eyes." -- Dr. Brian Hare

"That's the power of kittens (and puppies too, of course): They can reduce us to quivering masses of Jell-O in about two seconds flat and make us like it. Good thing they don't have opposable thumbs or they'd surely have taken over the world by now." -- Paul Lukas

Quote Originally Posted by cassiesmom View Post
    Dear Olive - it's Halloween, and I think that justifies a kitty treat (or a few) for you! I would serve them to you if I could

Your admiring fan,
    Elyse
    Elyse, you just have become Olive's best friend. She's setting up a PO Box as we speak to receive those promised treats without mom's interception,
    cats4ever

Mom, this is a collective cry for help from all your starving fur babies. What the heck happened last night? All of a sudden all of our meals are late. We got you up at 4:30 am to get breakfast, but you told us it was only 3:30, and you just rolled over to get some more sleep? How dare you, you better reset that stupid clock again. Then we asked for our supper, and again, no food for a very long time..., mom...mom...are you even listening?
    Are our fur brothers and sisters out there having the same disturbing experience?
    cats4ever

Yes, I'm absolutely wasting away from starvation, but does she care?

Sparkler
    I meant," said Ipslore bitterly, "what is there in this world that truly makes living worthwhile?"
    Death thought about it.
    CATS, he said eventually. CATS ARE NICE.

-- Sir Terry Pratchett (19482015), Sourcery

Quote Originally Posted by cats4ever View Post
    What the heck happened last night? All of a sudden all of our meals are late. We got you up at 4:30 am to get breakfast, but you told us it was only 3:30, and you just rolled over to get some more sleep? Are our fur brothers and sisters out there having the same disturbing experience?
    Dear Olive, it's horrendous but it happens once a year - it's called daylight saving time, and it really is disturbing. I hope you will survive!

However, in the spring, you'll get your breakfast an hour EARLY! Still, you ought to get some extra treats rigth now!

There's nothing wrong with your weight, you look gorgeous!

"I don't know which weapons will be used in the third World war, but in the fourth, it will be sticks and stones" --- Albert Einstein.

Dear Olive, are you having fun with holiday decorations yet? I miss having a reason to put all the fragile ornaments high up on the Christmas tree. Only the unbreakable ones at the bottom where kitty could play with them. Sending hugs and lovies to the PT Kitties today