Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Has anyone tried PINE LITTER?

Has anyone tried PINE LITTER?

While at Walmart, I picked up some of this PINE LITTER. I had never seen it before. The package said it was made of PINE and would turn to a sawdust texture when wet. You can also reuse it as mulch. It said it was safer and dust free. It sounded really great. I've been using it for a few months and the cats seem to really like it. Has anyone tried it yet? I used to be strictly CRYSTALS, but switched.

I also used to use crystals but switched to Feline Pine last year sometime. I really like it. I have never used any of the normal brands of litter because I hate how dusty it all is. The pine doesn't bother the cats at all and it really helps reduce odor.... and I need all the odor reduction I can possibly get with 8 cats using the litter boxes!
    Alyson
    Shiloh, Reece, Lolly, Skylar
    and fosters Snickers, Missy, Magic, Merlin, Maya

I use it in some of the boxes. About half of them have pine pellets. I don't buy the actual feline pine brand . It's too expensive. I buy the pellets made for wood stoves. Way cheaper, same thing.

Not all my cats will use the pine boxes though. If you have a cat who's fussy about about how things feel on their paws, they may not like the pine pellets.
    If you are lucky enough to find a way of life you love, you must find the courage to live it.
    --John Irving

Alaska: Where the odds are good, but the goods are odd.
    Are you talking about Feline Pine? If so, we love it! It is spendy so we mix it with clay litter in both boxes. The kitties love it and there has been a noticeable improvement in the odor.
    Ask your vet about microchipping. ~~ It could have saved Kuhio's life. And it cost Halo hers. Consider having your cat tested for Polycystic kidney disease ~~ Rest in peace Willy
    Loved by Lisa

I have never heard of it, although it sounds great! I will have to look for some

RIP Jasper. I can't believe you're gone.
    RIP Tigger...I miss you every single day.
    Piddle Jasper Wiggles Emma Tucker Almond Pecan
    RB Furbabies:
    Tigger Ace

RIP Angus, I miss you!

Originally posted by Glacier
    I use it in some of the boxes. About half of them have pine pellets. I don't buy the actual feline pine brand . It's too expensive. I buy the pellets made for wood stoves. Way cheaper, same thing.
    Thats so weird. Feline Pine is very cheap here compared to a lot of the other litter.
    Alyson
    Shiloh, Reece, Lolly, Skylar
    and fosters Snickers, Missy, Magic, Merlin, Maya

I noticed that Feline Pine is cheap here too. It's only $2.97 a bag at Walmart. And a bag is good enough for one litter box. They say "one bag = one month", but I beg to differ. The odor is a bit much after that long.

Feline Pine caused Snowy to pee on the futon.

I was too ignorant at the time to check him out medically, but, when I got rid of the Feline Pine, his problem went with it.

Maybe he was too small of a kitten at the time to use that stuff. (10 wks)

Not going back.

Originally posted by spunkymeow
    I noticed that Feline Pine is cheap here too. It's only $2.97 a bag at Walmart. And a bag is good enough for one litter box. They say "one bag = one month", but I beg to differ. The odor is a bit much after that long.
    Our wal-mart doesn't carry it. I'm sure that would bring the price down! The only place that does is a speciality pet supply place. It's about 60 bucks for a big bag. I pay 5 bucks for a 40 pound bag at the Hardware store.

The cost of shipping makes anything heavy more expensive up here in general though. Wal-mart does tend to have the same prices as the rest of the chain somehow though.
    If you are lucky enough to find a way of life you love, you must find the courage to live it.
    --John Irving

I wish my cats liked it when we tried it. Its so much more reasonably priced.

They refused to set paw in the one box we tried it with. When I covered it with regular scoopable litter, they investigated, but not much.

Darn.
    ...RIP, our sweet Gini...

I used Feline Pine for a long time but then happened to buy another kind to try and I was dumbfounded at the difference in the smell. Definatly there was a 'lite' pee pine smell that I don't get with the gravel litter. And Kylie covers her poo about 50% more then with the pine litter.
    Keeganhttp://www.dogster.com/dogs/256612 9/28/2001 to June 9, 2012
    Kylie http://www.catster.com/cats/256617 (June 2000 to 5/19/2012)
    Kloe http://www.catster.com/cats/256619
    "we as American's have forgotten we can agree to disagree"
    Kylie the Queen, Keegan the Princess, entertained by Kloe the court Jester
    Godspeed Phred you will be missed more than you ever know..

The Visitor Cats use the Wood Chips , but the Found Cats, really do not seem, to like it as much , as the clumping , which they are used to! But , it does have a nice smell!
    THE RAINBOW BRIDGE FOUND HOTEL ANGELS HAVE A NEW FRIEND IN CORINNA.

ALMOND ROCCA BATON AND ELLIE ANGELS ARE GUARDIANS TO ETERNAL KITTENS ROCC-EL AND T TEEN ANGEL, ALMOND ROCA , VLAD , PAWLEE , SPRITE. LITTLE HEX, OSIRIS AND ANNIE ANGELS.
    EBONY BEAU TUBSTER AND PEACHES BW SPIKE & SMOKEY

NOW PRECIOUS AND SAM ARE TOGETHER WITH ETERNAL KITTENS SAMMY ,PRESLEY, SYLVESTER AND SCRATCHY JR , MIGHTY MARINA, COSMIC CARMEN, SAMSON ,UNDER KITTY AND SUNKIST AUTUMN & PUMPKIN.
    MIA AND ORANGE BLOSSOM ANGELS HAVE ADOPTED TUXIE , TROOPER , SONGBIRD AND LITTLE BITTY KITTIES MIA-MI BLOSSOMER, TUXEDO AND DASH AS THIER ETERNAL KITTENS.
    PRINCESS JOSEPH AND MICHAEL ARE CELEBRATING 19 YEARS AS LUCKY FOUND CATS

I switched to Feline Pine and the kitties love it! And I love how I can flush it.

At first the only place I could find it was PetCo and it's expensive there. Now Pet Supplies Plus carries it and it's almost always on sale.

I'll have to check our local Wal-Mart.
    ~Kimmy, Kia, Chipper, Zam, Logan, Raptor, Nimrod, June, Mei, Jasper, Esme, Lucy Inara, & Morla

Thanks Kfamr for the sig!

Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Weight Loss Tools

The only thing Im noticing with the Feline Pine, is that it emits a very different odor than the usual litter. But, overall I love it. And when I finally decide to get a garden going, Ill use the leftovers for mulch! LOL

I don't even begin to know where I'm "from"
    That sounds nice for our situation (main litterbox is in the bathroom) but Marshmallow is very particular about what is in the box. I'd be very afraid that she would go around the house again!
    Doing my part to save BBD's, one dog at a time!