Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Cat Fur On Furniture

Cat Fur On Furniture

hi everyone!

I have got some major cat fur on my furniture - i've tried vacuuming. It just seems to get worse and worse. Any ideas????? Thank you.

~Gina~

have you tried masking tape?? I have a roller wheel with masking tape on it backwards - made to remove lint, etc (Wal-Mart housewares)- it works great.

A wet rag will take it off or buy one of those sticky lint removers. As for me, I just live with it because it's not easy with a long-haired white Persian. I consider Max's hair to be part of my decor
    Life should NOT be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in an attractive and well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, champagne in one hand and strawberries in the other, body thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and screaming WOO HOO - What a Ride!
    --unknown

Sometimes the most real things in the world are the things we can't see
    --Polar Express

Until one has loved an animal, part of their soul remains unawakened.

Thanks. I will try both! Thanks a lot!

~Gina~

I use the roller wheels too. If I could do it all over again, I would have at least trained the cats to stay off the couches. It's so embarrassing when guests (especially non-pet owners) sit down and get covered in cat fur. I don't really think it's right to suddenly change the cats ways.

Thank you Wolfie!

San Francisco, CA, where life is happy and gay!
    All the tips here work well. After having cats forever, I've resigned myself to the fact that cat hair is forever. I just live with it and my friends know in my house there's a sign: This house is maintained entirely for the comfort and convenience of our cats.

Little Ms. Mitzi Mitts
    Our Photo Albums are
    Here and Here
    In memory of my beloved fur children, Goldie, Mishi and Mitzi.
    Rest in peace and play hard at the Rainbow Bridge.
    Goldie: 9/5/88 - 4/10/03
    Mishi: with us from 5/5/03 - 7/13/07
    Mitzi: with us from 4/19/03 - 1/23/10

I have this spongy thing from Gonzo caled.. what else? the Gonzo Miracle fur remover (or something along that line) I think you can get it at the pet store - it really works well. Its almost like a kitchen sponge, only the holes are smaller and have a different feel... a few swipes at hair and its gone! You should also try their stain remover!

I am also resigned to the fact that cat hair is forever. Did you guys know that cat hair is also a condiment???

I lift up my Oreck XL and vacuum the s@#$ out of my loveseat and sofa. It helps.

Rest In Peace Casey (Bubba Dude) Your paw print will remain on my heart forever. 12/02
    Mollie Rose, you were there for me through good times and in bad, from the beginning.Your passing will leave a hole in my heart.We will be together "One Fine Day". 1994-2009
    MooShoo,you left me too soon.I wasn't ready.Know that you were my soulmate and have left me broken hearted.I loved you like no other. 1999 - 2010See you again "ONE FINE DAY"
    Maya Linn, my heart is broken. The day your beautiful blue eyes went blind was the worst day of my life.I only wish I could've done something.I'll miss your "premium" purr and our little "conversations". 1997-2013 See you again "ONE FINE DAY"

DO NOT BUY WHILE SHELTER ANIMALS DIE!!

I first use a lint brush and that gets most of it. Then I use a sticky roller, they make one that is extra sticky for pet fur.

That combination works the best for me. It looks like a lot of other people too.
    Bob & Joey,
    and their happy and willing slave, Bryan.

Many Thanks to Kay for the Picture.

My motto - "Bad Spellers of the World, UNTIE!!!!"

On the "Today Show" this morning, a guy demonstrating household tips removed pet hair from a pillow just by putting a rubber glove on his hand and rubbing the pillow. I don't personally know how well it works but it's worth a try.

Originally posted by Harley
    On the "Today Show" this morning, a guy demonstrating household tips removed pet hair from a pillow just by putting a rubber glove on his hand and rubbing the pillow. I don't personally know how well it works but it's worth a try.
    I was just reading that a damp rubber glove will remove pet fur off furnature.
    ...RIP, our sweet Gini...

I need to try some of these tips, I've tried using a vaccuum and it doesn't seem to help. I always feel sorry for my friends when they sit down and the have their bums covered in white fur!
    I've been Defrosted!

Thanks for the great signature Kay!

My Mama Said!

Mama was full of great sayings and one she used a lot when we had Chynna was that he was a good kitty, except that he left his "cloths" all over the house. She use to also say there was enough fur around to make "kitten britches"...

I think we have every gadget out there to remove pet hair.....and all of them do, to a point. We haven't found THE one that works the best as yet.

As for people coming over......they all understand that we have cats, who get on our furniture, so if they don't like it, well they just don't come over! Besides, I always offer that sticky tape wand when they get ready to leave.

Cat hair is part of our life, and in our home to stay as long as we have cats!!
    Bunny & Kitties:

Taz - F (7); Majerle - M (4) & Loki - M (8 months)
    (pronounced: Marley).

I have a few suggestions how to remove cat hair without tape or roller tape. I go to the dollar store and buy the latex gloves you wash dishes with and clean with, ( I have never used them for that purpose). Put the gloves on and rub the funiture or what ever has fur on it. I have also used a cat brush a slicker brush to be exact. Both you can reuse over and over and over. I am cheap and try to find what will work the best for my money. And with having a cattery these are what I found work the best.

Stella and Smokey Jo
    Attached Images Attached Images