Thread: Marvelous Micky

Marvelous Micky

Congratulations on being honored as Cat of the Day, Micky!

What a handsome grey boy you are, with your white chest, tummy and feet! Your coat is so thick, beautiful and soft - and your golden eyes stunning. You have such a sweet face.

You had a rough start in life, freezing outside and with your ear torn. I'm so sorry. But how lucky you were to be rescued by your forever family, who knew how to help you. Now you have the best life you could wish for... lounging in front of the fireplace or out on the porch, and enjoying some playtime and jumping around under the sheets. I hope you get some tummy rubs, when you roll over.

Although you are not a spring chicken anymore, you still enjoy some playtime and jumping around under the sheets. And you're a smart boy, having learned how to open all the doors LOL!

Have a wonderful day of celebration with your family, get pampered with some extra yummy treats and lots of loving! I send you kisses and wish you happiness and good health for the rest of your life, sweetie!

"I don't know which weapons will be used in the third World war, but in the fourth, it will be sticks and stones" --- Albert Einstein.

Precious Mickey!

Hi Mickey! Happy Cat of the Day!

What a gorgeous grey (blue?) *seasoned kittyzen* you are, sweetheart! I just LOVE your apple round face, your plush coat, and your right ear, truly your mark of distinction! Could you be any more handsome? It's understandable, considering the trauma you suffered in your early days, that some emotional scars would remain, that you're still wary of those sudden sounds and movements, unwelcoming of strangers (other than Nancy the "cat whisperer)! But thankfully you mustered the courage to allow your humans to enter your world those many years ago, realizing that with them you would be safe, well cared for and loved, forever and always, and what a beautiful bond of love and trust you and your humans forged since then! Endless thanks to your mom and dad for rescuing you, going the extra mile (a live trap!!!) to assure your safety, providing you with the happiest and most loving of forever homes! How lucky your family is, Mickey, having a beautiful, loyal and loving best furkid in you, sweetheart. You're an angel, a treasure, and so very deserving of you big day of honor!

Thanks to your furever family for sharing your heartwarming backstory, and all of those heart-melting photos with us! Meeting you has warmed my heart and put a BIG smile on my face! I hope you're enjoying a very special day of celebration, sweetheart, indulging in all of those activities you so love...napping in front of the wood stove (still officially winter), playing "follow the stick," hehe, cuddling with your humans, being loved and pampered to pieces! Lots of love, hugs and kisses to you, precious Mickey, our very special and most deserving Cat of the Day, EVERY day!

Precious boy...Just look at those eyes!!!

Star,Tigg'r , Mollie and the10 Gallon Gang!

And my Rainbow Bridge Furangels...Jingles, Cody, Fritz, Chessa, Satin, Buddy, Lizzie, Oliver, Squeaker, Moonbeam, Rosie, Ruby~

Dearest Mickey, you are gorgeous! What a good-looking grey Tuxedo guy you are. Your grey and white fur is so pretty and looks so soft, and you have such a sweet face with that darker-grey nose and the white whiskers and the lovely big golden eyes. Thank you for sharing those great photos with us! I wish I could reach through the screen and over to Mount Horeb, WI to pet you! I can't, of course, but I know your loving and beloved Purrrsons will pet you for me .

And what a nice story you have to tell! Your dear Purrrsons first saw you more than 14 years ago, a growing boy outside for several days. They couldn't lure you indoors but finally got you with a live trap, and how good of them to go that extra mile. You've been home with them ever since! You've never lost your fearfulness at strange persons or things, but you trust your dear Purrrsons and Nancy the pet sitter/cat whisperer completely. You relax totally at home, don't you, as those photos show so well! You like to keep warm, in winter in your bed in front of the gas stove, and in the summer lounging on the porch settee. (In that middle picture, are you warming up your under-side by the stove?) You enjoy playtime, jumping at movements under blankets, tarps, etc., and following a moving stick. You and your dear Purrrsons love each other so very much, don't you. What a wonderful love-filled home you share!

Congratulations, darling Mickey, on being chosen today's Cat of the Day! We hope your dear Purrrsons and Nancy and all your family and friends are enjoying a fine celebration, full of fun and lovies and all your favorite games and treats.

I meant," said Ipslore bitterly, "what is there in this world that truly makes living worthwhile?"
    Death thought about it.
    CATS, he said eventually. CATS ARE NICE.

-- Sir Terry Pratchett (19482015), Sourcery

Hello Mickey, You certainly are a handsome boy! I enjoyed reading about you and seeing all your great photos. I hope you have many more happy healthy years with your family. Congrats on being COTD!

Dear Mickey, what a handsome grey tuxedo man you are. And how lucky you and your family are to have found each other. Now, as a senior, you are the only kitty in the house, and you are enjoying your family's undivided attention. You still like to play all of your favorite games, and offer your soft belly for belly rubs. Mickey, you are indeed a special kitty and you deserve all the best.
    I wish you and your family a great day full of celebration, and all of your favorite treats and some extra nap time.
    cats4ever

Congrats on being Cat of the Day, handsome Mickey.
    Nancy

All things work together for good to them that love God, who are called according to his purpose.
    (Romans 8:28)

I've been defrosted-- Thanks, Sana

Marvelous Micky!

Micky, you came from rough beginnings, but you still found a way into your human's heart. You are active, smart, and adorable! I love that picture of you showing off your furry tummy. Today's a special day for you, sweet Micky, and I hope it's filled with playtime with your favorite toys, and snacks with your favorite treats! Wishing you many happy years with your loving family, cutie!
    Charlie the Cat

Blog Entries
    Mickey is one fierce COTD! Ear shmear, so what if a bit is missing. Mickey is the perfect example of an excellent cat and a very enchanting pussycat as well!

Happy Cat of the Day to handsome grey Mickey!

I have a cat who is part Russian Blue, like your Mickey. She, too, is scared of EVERYTHING. It has taken years for her to even feel comfortable in her home. I call her my "special needs" cat. Thanks for telling us about Mickey, and for giving him a home where her feels safe.