Thread: Emma is gone.

Emma is gone.

I have been looking forward to getting back on here, have not been on for a couple months. but now it is hard to tell about Emma so just going to be on for a minute. I use the library computer so will probably be back this coming weekend.

My sweet Emma is gone. December 29th I had to have her put to sleep, she had kidney cancer. I'll be back on the weekend..

So sorry to hear that. Hey, when you next log on, I can combine your two accounts! Our condolences, you will be in our prayers.
    I've Been Frosted

Dear TucsonCats, I am so very sorry to learn of your heartbreaking loss of your beloved Emma. My very deepest sympathy to you and all who love her and miss her and grieve her so much.

Emma is whole and healthy again now at the Rainbow Bridge, a glorious Angel watching over you and sending down love. May your precious memories and keepsakes help to bring you comfort.

Rest in peace, dearest Emma Angel. You are so much loved. Please send some Angelic purrrs down to your dear person's heart to reassure her that all is well, love is forever, you are with her always, and you will welcome her Home, One Fine Day..

I meant," said Ipslore bitterly, "what is there in this world that truly makes living worthwhile?"
    Death thought about it.
    CATS, he said eventually. CATS ARE NICE.

-- Sir Terry Pratchett (19482015), Sourcery

I am very sorry for your loss of your beloved Emma. This was a hard decision, but you saved her from pain and suffering. She is watching over you from the Rainbow Bridge.
    cats4ever

I'm so sorry to hear Emma is gone. It's always hard to say goodbye to a beloved kitty, but know she is not suffering now. Hope the good memories will be a comfort to you.

Rest in peace, dear Emma!

"I don't know which weapons will be used in the third World war, but in the fourth, it will be sticks and stones" --- Albert Einstein.

Thank you all very much. Yes I have many happy memories of Emma, and I will always miss her. Louise(her littermate) misses her too, but is better now. It was sad for a while to see Louise miss her and act sad, but she has come around now.
    I kept calling Louise by Emma's name for a while It was so hard to see her get sick, and she was in pain, only 3 weeks after I came back home, I feel guilty. I know she is better now but I miss her and her "attitude".

I will try to learn how to post pics of my dear sweet Emma, and Louise, Leo and Muffin.

The other 3 are senior cats too and have been having health problems. When it rains it pours! Leo has pancretitis, in January I thought I would have to have him put to sleep too but he is holding his own. Here's hoping he keeps getting better, he goes back in June. His second blood test still showed an abnormal pancreous. He is very overweight so I have to watch every thing he eats, and he has lost 2 pounds , more to go but a good start! Muffin has the start of kidney disease and at times will not eat and has trouble going to the litter pan, but I have been able to get her to drink more water and eat more, and thankfully her kidneys are not as bad as I first thought, she is also holding her own ! Louise was the only healthy one, but then got an eye infection, well over the weekend (last weekend) and of course by Monday when I brought her to the vet, the eye is fine! I'm glad of that but she lost a pound, since November when she had her oral surgery, so I worry about that. I think, though, that it is because I have been keeping the food out of reach because of Leo and she does not freely eat like before. I try to make sure she eats, and watch that Leo doesn't ... It is hard to play musical food bowls! Muffin had an ear infection too. Muffin sometimes barely eats or moves, then she will have days when she acts like a young cat, then it goes back to her barely moving from her bed... up and down, every few days it changes, up then down, down then up and active. Have had her kidneys and throid tested, all is ok...? Hopefully now things will calm down for a while and I can recover and pay for something besides vet bills Louise and Muffin are on special aging dry food, and also on high calorie canned food (once a day). Leo is on special food. And I'm broke haha! I'm just glad I didn't have to have Muffin or Leo put to sleep, because for a while it looked like I might have to. Here's hoping I get a few more years with them. Leo is 15(in May), Louise is almost16(I think in July) and Muffin is 17(in May)

I haven't been online for a long time but now I think I will be on more often, I have missed reading about the cats on here, and posting.

Emma was a very lucky cat to have you for her pet parent. May she run free and happy over the Rainbow Bridge and may you meet her there one day. God bless to you and to dear Emma.