Thread: Sweet girl Olive!

Sweet girl Olive!

Olive came to us one summer day. My mom and I were visiting a shelter, in search of a furry friend to take home and love. Olive reached her paw through the cage door to grab my attention numerous times. I reached my fingers to her, she wouldn't let me go, and that was it. This was one cat who wanted love and snuggles. I can honestly say I know love at first sight!

Olive is a goofy, loud, and incredibly loving cat. Wherever I am, she follows (usually sitting on my lap, on my head, at my feet, or loafing on my computer). If she doesn't know where I am in the house, she begins to meow and thus begins a small game of Marco-Polo until we find each other.

She is perfect for me and I am perfect for her - every night (after I've had a long day at school or work and she, a long day of sleeping) we lay in bed together and the world goes quiet- except for her loud, motor-like purring. I am so thankful that she is in my life and that I am in hers.

She is silly and has her amazing, funny little quirks, physically and personality-wise. She has a mild skin condition that leaves her unevenly bald on her head and belly, and an overgrown bottom lip. She tends to not land on her feet half the time and has the strangest "squak" I've ever heard come out of a cat. She loves being held like a baby and doesn't mind being mildly squished when snuggling. She always falls asleep curled up next to my head, one paw on my face and one on my heart.
    Sweet, loving, purring, silly Olive! What a precious girl you are! I can tell just how much you are loved by your caring person's bio and photos! You reached out to your people that day at the shelter, and home you went! You love to be held, and even squished a bit during snuggle time. You snuggle with your person and offer your irresistible purr!

When it is time for fun, you follow your person everywhere and help with everything! If you are separated from your person, you call out with a meow until you are found, resulting in a game of Marco Polo until you and your person find each other Oh yes, I can tell that you are a greatly loved kitty! (Are you already a PT kitty? Please mew to your people to register for PT!)

I am sending you a gentle hug and snuggle for your special day, Olive! You are a precious girl for sure!
    I've been Boo'd ... right off the stage!

Aaahh, I have been defrosted! Thank you, Bonny and Asiel!
    Brrrr, I've been Frosted! Thank you, Asiel and Pomtzu!

"When dogs are looking at you, they're essentially hugging you with their eyes." -- Dr. Brian Hare

"That's the power of kittens (and puppies too, of course): They can reduce us to quivering masses of Jell-O in about two seconds flat and make us like it. Good thing they don't have opposable thumbs or they'd surely have taken over the world by now." -- Paul Lukas

Cassie's Catster page: http://www.catster.com/cats/448678

Dearest Olive, what a beautiful grey tabby mix girl you are. You look so soft, and your green eyes and long whiskers are beautiful. You are are cuddler and a purr box, in short, you are perfect. You knew exactly that, when your purrsons came to the shelter, they would be the ones to hold on to.
    I wish you and your family a great day full of celebration, and many more happy and healthy years together.
    cats4ever

Dearest Olive, aren't you gorgeous! What a beautiful grey tabby-mix girl you are! Your fur is so pretty with its touches of white, and you have the sweetest face with those lovely big blue-green eyes. And thank you for sharing all those great photos with us! They are so cute, with your grey-tabby stuffy in one, and you relaxing on your dear Purrrson's lap in another. They all show how comfy and at-home you are! I wish I could reach through the screen and over to Providence to pet you! I can't, but I know your loving and beloved Purrrsons will pet you for me .

And what a love bug you are! When your Purrrsons came to the shelter to find a new furry friend (and thanks to them for choosing rescue!), you reached right out and let them know you were the one. You all adopted each other, and you went home that day. You have the most delightful Purrrsonality, goofy, loud, and incredibly loving. You follow your special friend everywhere, and if you can't find her, you meow (or "squak") and begin a game of Marco-Polo until you find each other. You and he/she are Purrrfect for each other! You go to bed together and fall asleep to your loud, motor-like purrrs. You curl up next to her/him, with one paw on her face and one in her heart. You love being held like a baby and don't mind being mildly squished when snuggling. You and your special friend and all your family members love each other dearly, don't you. What a wonderful love-filled home you share!

Congratulations, darling Olive, on being chosen today's Cat of the Day! We hope you and your dear special friend and all your family and friends are enjoying a fine celebration, full of fun and lovies and all your favorite games and treats.

I meant," said Ipslore bitterly, "what is there in this world that truly makes living worthwhile?"
    Death thought about it.
    CATS, he said eventually. CATS ARE NICE.

-- Sir Terry Pratchett (19482015), Sourcery

Blog Entries
    Olive is a great cat! Extraordinary, the best!

Sweet Olive!

Happy Cat of the Day, Olive! So happy to meet you, sweetheart!

Your mommy's beautifully penned, heartfelt, love filled tribute to her sweet baby girl has me in tears! Oh my gosh, is there even a smidgen of doubt that you and she were destined to be as one? To paraphrase the lyrics of that beloved song...all it took was just one look...one paw touch...and the deal was sealed; love at first sight, first touch!

She is perfect for me and I am perfect for her - every night (after I've had a long day at school or work and she, a long day of sleeping) we lay in bed together and the wold goes quiet- except for her loud, motor-like purring. I am so thankful that she is in my life and that I am in hers.
    What a perfect, most heavenly match you and your mommy make, indeed! She is so very blessed, having a furkid, a beautiful, sweet and loving best friend, loving companion, heart warmer in you, sweetheart! You're a treasure!!!

Thanks for ending my day on such a happy note, Olive! Meeting you, seeing your heart-melting photos, has made my evening! Hope you're enjoying a very special day of celebration, cuddling with your mommy, being loved and pampered to pieces! Lots of love, cuddles and kisses to you, precious Olive, our very special and most deserving Cat of the Day, EVERY day!

YOU are melting my heart, Olive!

Star,Tigg'r , Mollie and the10 Gallon Gang!

And my Rainbow Bridge Furangels...Jingles, Cody, Fritz, Chessa, Satin, Buddy, Lizzie, Oliver, Squeaker, Moonbeam, Rosie, Ruby~

Congrats on being COTD beautiful Olive.
    Nancy

All things work together for good to them that love God, who are called according to his purpose.
    (Romans 8:28)

I've been defrosted-- Thanks, Sana

Congratulations on being honored as Cat of the Day, Olive!

What an adorable girl you are! You have a lovely grey/tabby coat and beautiful green eyes.

I'm so glad your family adopted you from a shelter, and you knew exactly who you wanted to come home with.

You follow your human mom everywhere and sleep next to her head at night, purring a lullaby. That is so sweet! The two of you are so lucky to have each other.

Enjoy a day of celebration and fun, and make sure you get some extra yummy treats and lots of cuddles. I wish you a long, happy and healthy life, sweetie!

"I don't know which weapons will be used in the third World war, but in the fourth, it will be sticks and stones" --- Albert Einstein.