Thread: Sweet Kissa!

Sweet Kissa!

Dearest Kissa, what a beautiful mature love-bug lady you are! Your Ragdoll coloring is gorgeous, with the fluffy white fur with the darker points and the sweet face with the lovely big blue eyes. Thank you for sharing all those great photographs with us! That is so nice to see you resting on your Dad's chest there. I wish I could reach through the screen and over to Redmond, WA to pet you, and to cradle you like a baby and rub your belly, too. I can't, of course, but I know your loving and beloved Purrrents will pet you and cradle you and rub you for me .

And what a nice story you have to tell! Fifteen years ago your dear Purrrents met you at the Humane Society, and thanks to them for choosing rescue. You and they adopted each other that day, and you came Home! Ever since then, you have been their baby girl, love muffin, and purr machine, nuzzling them and wiping your nose on their faces and meowing if you find they've left the room. You are quiet and speak with your paws to get attention, making sure breakfast is prepared and served each day at 4am. You have slowed down some over the years, but you are still the heat-seeker you've always been, going after warm spots on your Purrrents or places in your home. You and they love each other very much, don't you. What a wonderful love-filled home you share!

Congratulations, darling Kissa, on being chosen today's Cat of the Day! We hope you and your dear Purrrents and all your family and friends are enjoying a fine celebration, full of fun and lovies and all your favorite games and treats.

I meant," said Ipslore bitterly, "what is there in this world that truly makes living worthwhile?"
    Death thought about it.
    CATS, he said eventually. CATS ARE NICE.

-- Sir Terry Pratchett (19482015), Sourcery

Congratulations on being honored as Cat of the Day, Kissa!

What a beautiful fluffy girl you are! Your coat is gorgeous and you have beautiful blue eyes.

I can tell you are loved very much and are living a spoiled life, just like you deserve. Seeing the pictures of you on your dad's chest made me smile. No wonder your dad fell in love with you at first sight!

In your younger days, you trained your people to play fetch and to serve you breakfast early every morning, and in return you nuzzle their faces and are the best friend they could ever wish for.

I'm sorry you were diagnosed with end stage kidney failure, but with the medicine and hydration, I hope you will have some more good times!

Enjoy your day in the spotlight and celebrate with the treats you are allowed, and lots of cuddles, sitting on your dad's chest. I wish you many more happy days with your loving family, sweetie!
    Last edited by Randi; 01-05-2017 at 04:31 PM.

"I don't know which weapons will be used in the third World war, but in the fourth, it will be sticks and stones" --- Albert Einstein.

Kidney failure

Thank you for sharing your story. I envy you that you still have your beautiful Kissa with you and I know what it is to be taking care of kitties with renal failure. My Angel Beyli, Angel Caramel and my Riley have kidney failure. I am a rescue volunteer so I tend to save cats with health issues that I have some experience with because I know what will happen to them otherwise. You mentioned that your Kissa is less affectionate so I was wondering if your vet had prescribed an acid reducer like Pepcid (Famotidine). That really helps to lessen the side effects from the acid build up that can make them crampy and uncomfortable. I buy mine at Wal-Mart because the price at the vet is 4x the cost. I cut it with a pill cutter, depending on the dosage, depending on the weight of your kitty. I also never feed dry food because it dehydrates the organs and they are already compromised due to the kidney failure, and never use clumping litter which just has the same reaction in their bodies as in the litter box (cement). This is all information that is supported by the many vets our rescues uses - but sadly veterinarians run businesses and therefore do not always know or say what is best. Just thought I would let you know how we take care of this illness - take it or leave it. Wishing you more quality time with your beautiful kittycat.
    Please have your pets sterilized as soon as possible to lower, and one day hopefully eliminate, unwanted and abandoned pets. It IS our responsibility. Adopting from a shelter also helps - encouraging breeders just adds to the overpopulation.
    http://www.petfinder.com/shelters/QC64.html
    Angel Beyli's Mom thanks you!

Sweet lady Kissa, what a beautiful Ragdoll kitty you are. You certainly don't look your age, thanks to the excellent care you receive from your parents. I wish everybody who has a kitty with kidney failure would take the time and effort like your parents do.
    Of course you are still demanding your breakfast at 4 am. It is very important to keep a schedule, and cat parents don't need to sleep in, right?
    I hope you and your wonderful family get to celebrate your special day in style, with some belly rubs and lots of cuddles.
    cats4ever

Hello, beautiful Kissa! This picture makes my eyes leak! There is such love flowing between you and your person!

You are a gorgeous girl, and it sounds to me like you have your people gently wrapped around your velvet paw! You request your breakfast each morning; you seek out warm places; and you reward your servants with love and snuggles each day! Purr-fect! You are a love muffin and purr machine

Happy, happy Cat of the Day to dear Kissa!
    I've been Boo'd ... right off the stage!

Aaahh, I have been defrosted! Thank you, Bonny and Asiel!
    Brrrr, I've been Frosted! Thank you, Asiel and Pomtzu!

"When dogs are looking at you, they're essentially hugging you with their eyes." -- Dr. Brian Hare

"That's the power of kittens (and puppies too, of course): They can reduce us to quivering masses of Jell-O in about two seconds flat and make us like it. Good thing they don't have opposable thumbs or they'd surely have taken over the world by now." -- Paul Lukas

Cassie's Catster page: http://www.catster.com/cats/448678

Beautiful Kissa!

Greettings, Kissa, Happy Cat of the Day!

What a pleasure it is, having the honor of paying tribute to one stunning Grand Dame, one most deserving senior kittyzen! Wow, 20 years young and still going strong, enjoying life to the max, despite having battled CRF the past 3 years. Bravo!!! And though well into your golden years, your magnificent coat, those sparkling blue eyes, belie your years! OK, you may not be as outwardly affectionate as you were in your younger days, not quite so interested in that game of fetch. But, it looks to me you still have a bunch more living to do, living life and showing your love on your own terms. How blessed your purrents are, having known your love and companionship these many years, having a "baby girl, love muffin, purr machine" in you. You, Kissa, are living, loving proof of the priceless rewards of rescue!

Endless thanks to your family for sharing your heartwarming story, all of those utterly heart-melting photos with us. Meeting you has been the perfect end to my cold and dark day! I hope you're enjoying your big day of honor, warming your humans laps and chests, ruling over your household as only a queen can, being loved and pampered to pieces! Lots of love, cuddles and kisses to you, beautiful Kissa, our very special and most deserving Cat of the Day, Cat of a Lifetime!

Me and my Dad!!!

Star,Tigg'r , Mollie and the10 Gallon Gang!

And my Rainbow Bridge Furangels...Jingles, Cody, Fritz, Chessa, Satin, Buddy, Lizzie, Oliver, Squeaker, Moonbeam, Rosie, Ruby~

Blog Entries
    Well, there it is. Kissa is our Cat of the day, and a brilliant and beautiful cat indeed!

Kissa Thanks You

Kissa (and I, her Mom) really enjoyed all the appreciation and advice shared on this thread. Her Dad liked it too! We are so glad to have Kissa and to have gotten such a warm response to sharing her from all of you.

Congrats to Kissa on being Cat of the Day.
    Nancy

All things work together for good to them that love God, who are called according to his purpose.
    (Romans 8:28)

I've been defrosted-- Thanks, Sana