Thread: Dog behavior

Dog behavior

I have a 16 month old Bulldog/boxer mix.We had him neuetered when he was 14 months old.Ever since that,he becomes aggressive without warning.We have a 6 year old from the same breeder and have had no issues.Could this be a hormonal problem? If I can't find an answer,I'm afraid I will have to put him down.95% of the time he is fine.He does not fight with the other dog.I play with him,and he gets mad.His eyes get bloodshot,and his tongue goes purple,and he goes into a fit.

Quote Originally Posted by bubbajoe View Post
    I have a 16 month old Bulldog/boxer mix.We had him neuetered when he was 14 months old.Ever since that,he becomes aggressive without warning.We have a 6 year old from the same breeder and have had no issues.Could this be a hormonal problem? If I can't find an answer,I'm afraid I will have to put him down.95% of the time he is fine.He does not fight with the other dog.I play with him,and he gets mad.His eyes get bloodshot,and his tongue goes purple,and he goes into a fit.
    What kind of training have you done with him? Has he ever been to any obedience classes? It should not be hormonal, because he was neutered. But do take him for a vet visit, in case there is something else going on that means he is in pain. Pain can make any animal unpredictable. Is it just during play this happens?
    I've Been Frosted

Dog behavior

It's hard to explain.I will be tugging on a toy,and he snaps.I've been around dogs all of my life.I have never seen this this happen.One minute he is playing and then he goes into attack mode.

I agree with Karen that a vet visit might be in order. When you say he goes into a fit, do you mean that he is attacking you?
    cats4ever

dog behavior

Yes.He does a 180.He will calm back down almost as fast.