Thread: Greetings from Takeo and I!

Greetings from Takeo and I!

Hi there everyone,

I'm new to this lovely site and it's a real honor to be here. My name is Briana and my dog, Takeo, was selected to be the dog of the day for December 1st. And let me say, I was and still am HUGELY honored. He is my heart and soul and that was such a wonderful surprise after a very long, hard day.

Takeo has severe skin allergies and I have treated him using immunotherapy and other things such as a proper diet and a very prescribed pill that is working wonders for him. He was selected to be in a contest that promotes animal education and conservation, so we are hoping to get enough votes so that we can further our outreach to those with dogs that may present a little more than just your average "itch." We hope to spread awareness for canine skin disorders with the hopes that other can learn and help save their own dogs just as I did my precious boy.

If you'd like to vote, please see this page and vote 5-stars for "Takeo" http://yowieworld.com/my-protected-s...rrentPage%5D=3

It is nice to be apart of this website and I appreciate the acceptance and support. God bless and Happy Holidays from Takeo and I!

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Light.jpg 
Views:	18 
Size:	1.31 MB 
ID:	61451

Name:	DSC00079.jpg 
Views:	18 
Size:	436.1 KB 
ID:	61452

Name:	DSCN0559.jpg 
Views:	15 
Size:	283.8 KB 
ID:	61453
    Takeo, a small dog with very big dreams...

Welcome so much! As a human with allergies, I know how uncomfortable he must have been, So glad to have you here!
    I've Been Frosted

I just voted for Takeo!

Welcome, Takeo and Briana!

Last edited by phesina; 12-03-2016 at 12:54 PM.
    I meant," said Ipslore bitterly, "what is there in this world that truly makes living worthwhile?"
    Death thought about it.
    CATS, he said eventually. CATS ARE NICE.

-- Sir Terry Pratchett (19482015), Sourcery

Hi! Welcome to Pet Talk, Takeo and Briana. I know you will enjoy it here.
    Last edited by Felicia's Mom; 12-05-2016 at 06:24 AM.
    Nancy

All things work together for good to them that love God, who are called according to his purpose.
    (Romans 8:28)

I've been defrosted-- Thanks, Sana

Thank you!

Quote Originally Posted by phesina View Post
    I just voted for Takeo!

Welcome, Takeo and Briana!

Thank you so much for the vote and the welcoming wises. I genuinely appreciate it more than I can say.

Thank you

Quote Originally Posted by Felicia's Mom View Post
    Hi! Welcome to Pet Talk Takeo and Briana. I know you will enjoy it here.
    Thank you so much for the kind welcome.

Welcome Takeo and Briana! So happy to have you here! Looking forward to updates re: Takeo's allegies, learning more about your precious boy! Voted for him on his DOTD...day! Good luck, sweetie!!!

Sandra and Peach the rescued Golden x Lab!

Star,Tigg'r , Mollie and the10 Gallon Gang!

And my Rainbow Bridge Furangels...Jingles, Cody, Fritz, Chessa, Satin, Buddy, Lizzie, Oliver, Squeaker, Moonbeam, Rosie, Ruby~

Quote Originally Posted by tatsxxx11 View Post
    Welcome Takeo and Briana! So happy to have you here! Looking forward to updates re: Takeo's allegies, learning more about your precious boy! Voted for him on his DOTD...day! Good luck, sweetie!!!

Sandra and Peach the rescued Golden x Lab!
    Thank you so much. Just went a few days back and picked up another round of his Apoquel, it works wonders and I definitely recommend it to others with dogs who suffer even lesser forms of canine allergies. It's much less harsh than a steroid or even immunotherapy, but obviously doesn't take the place of the immunotherapy itself. Perhaps lesser cases may be able to get by with the Apoquel alone, which would be a blessing in its own right. I am pleased to say that Takeo is doing very well and enjoying being a relaxed companion of mine.

Recently did some Christmas shopping and purchased him some lovely new dog bowls and a couple of toys which are now neatly wrapped under our tree.

Would love to see pictures of everyone's pets too. ^-^

Quote Originally Posted by TakeoTheDog View Post
    Thank you so much. Just went a few days back and picked up another round of his Apoquel, it works wonders and I definitely recommend it to others with dogs who suffer even lesser forms of canine allergies. It's much less harsh than a steroid or even immunotherapy, but obviously doesn't take the place of the immunotherapy itself. Perhaps lesser cases may be able to get by with the Apoquel alone, which would be a blessing in its own right. I am pleased to say that Takeo is doing very well and enjoying being a relaxed companion of mine.

Recently did some Christmas shopping and purchased him some lovely new dog bowls and a couple of toys which are now neatly wrapped under our tree.

Would love to see pictures of everyone's pets too. ^-^
    I'm glad that Takeo is doing so well. I've seen many dogs with severe allergies at our hospital, and many parents get frustrated, can't afford treatment and just give up. They don't understand that there's no cure for allergies, but there are several options for control. I have a cat with severe skin allergies, but I keep him well controlled with every other day Prednisolone. Cats tolerate Pred much better than dogs. And yes, Apoquel works great, but again, several of our clients can't afford it. Takeo is one lucky dog to have you.
    Lots of PT members have albums with their pets' pictures on their profile page.
    cats4ever

Quote Originally Posted by cats4ever View Post
    I'm glad that Takeo is doing so well. I've seen many dogs with severe allergies at our hospital, and many parents get frustrated, can't afford treatment and just give up. They don't understand that there's no cure for allergies, but there are several options for control. I have a cat with severe skin allergies, but I keep him well controlled with every other day Prednisolone. Cats tolerate Pred much better than dogs. And yes, Apoquel works great, but again, several of our clients can't afford it. Takeo is one lucky dog to have you.
    Lots of PT members have albums with their pets' pictures on their profile page.
    Our next route would have been liquid gold as we've heard and read into, but thankfully he has done incredibly well on Apoquel and Immunotherapy. I pray for everyone's animals, especially your cat as well. <3

Quote Originally Posted by TakeoTheDog View Post
    Our next route would have been liquid gold as we've heard and read into, but thankfully he has done incredibly well on Apoquel and Immunotherapy. I pray for everyone's animals, especially your cat as well. <3
    I'm not familiar with "liquid gold". Could you give me some info on it? Thanks.
    cats4ever

Just saying hi to you are your mom, Takeo!

Star,Tigg'r , Mollie and the10 Gallon Gang!

And my Rainbow Bridge Furangels...Jingles, Cody, Fritz, Chessa, Satin, Buddy, Lizzie, Oliver, Squeaker, Moonbeam, Rosie, Ruby~

Hello and welcome to Pet Talk!
    My dog had a break out on her belly last year. The doctor gave us Apoquel and it actually made her worse! But we tried it because the doc said it was better than steroid and a lot of clients had seen improvement with it. Of course, leave it to my dog to be allergic to THAT! But it cleared up with other meds and a shampoo and hasn't come back (knock on wood) since.

What breed is Takeo? Looks Aussie or Border Collie (I have never been good at seeing the difference in them and I even had a pure Aussie and still have a mix now). I know the ears are different, but unless they are side by side I don't see it. LOL Either way, he is adorable!!
    Our goal in life should be - to be as good a person as our dog thinks we are.

Cindy (Human) - Taz (RB Tabby) - Zoee (RB Australian Shepherd) - Paizly (Dilute Tortie) - Taggart (Aussie Mix) - Jax (Brown & White Tabby), - Zeplyn (Cattle Dog/Pit Mix)