Thread: Elegant Edgar

Elegant Edgar

What a lucky boy you are, Edgar! First, you were owned by the nice older lady, who probably didn't care you were different, and then your new humans found out about you. We are sorry your life began in such a terrible place, but are glad you are loved now! You are a unique boy, and we are glad you learned ASL and then you worked as a service dog! I am sure your long white elegant looking self caught people's attention, and made some of them realize being different is okay! We are glad you helped them. We are sorry the harsh light hurt your eyes, but you are still a pretty young boy, so maybe your mom can find a better situation for you so you can resume your service work someday! Congratulations, Edgar - you are Dog of the Day!
    I've Been Frosted

Congrats on being DOTD, handsome Edgar.
    Nancy

All things work together for good to them that love God.
    (Romans 8:28)

I've been defrosted-- Thanks, Sana

Edgar

Congratulations on being Dog of the Day.
    Being a therapy dog is one of the best thing you could do.
    When Mom was in the nursing home, she and everyone else looked forward to visits from the dogs.
    Hope you find another place to visit, but for today, celebrate your special Sunday DOTD.

Happy Doxie Dog of the Day, adorable Edgar!

What a beautiful, extra special boy you are, Edgar Wiener, and named after one of the most iconic musicians of all time! How cool is that! Like that other Edgar, life threw you a few challenges early on, but like him, in the end, you succeeded beyond all expectations!

How far you've come since those sad beginnings, Edgar...born in a puppy mill to irresponsible breeders, facing an unspeakable fate after your first mom was no longer able to care for you, dealing with deafness. Thankfully your forever family came to your rescue before those evil breeders could get their hands on you, AGAIN, and oh, how your sad start at life was turned on its head that happy day your forever family welcomed you home! And every day since you've paid forward the love and compassion shown you, be it through your work with Pet Partners, by learning ALS, or simply by being the sweetest most loving companion a pack of people could ever hope for...a friend to all, 2 and 4 legged! You are living proof that being just a tad different can make all the difference in the world, in the best way!!!

Great thanks to your wonderful family for giving not only you, but so many other deserving doggies and kitties a chance at a happy life! How well their decision to go the rescue route has been rewarded, with the priceless gift of your (and your furry sibs) love and devotion! I mean, just look at this pic (below)! Nuff said! And hopefully some time down the road you and your mommy can find another outlet re: your therapy work! You have SO much to give! In the meantime, keep up the good work, bringing joy, love and laughter to all lucky enough to cross your path! (I'd love to be one of those people; I even know ALS so I think we'd have a nice conversation right off the bat!)

Enjoy your much deserved day of honor, sweetheart, celebrating with Chloe, Shasta, Lucky, Coco, Duke, Lily, Shana, Sparky, Mac, Max and Luca (in person or long distance)... Charm, AmyG, Pablo and Felix...and of course the humans! Lots of love, hugs and kisses to you, precious Edgar, Dog of the Day, EVERY day!

Star,Tigg'r , Mollie and the10 Gallon Gang!

And my Rainbow Bridge Furangels...Jingles, Cody, Fritz, Chessa, Satin, Buddy, Lizzie, Oliver, Squeaker, Moonbeam, Rosie, Ruby~

Blog Entries
    Edgar Weiner is indeed a Superdog and a joy to behold! Sounds like Edgar has a full time job spreadin' love and sunshine wherever he may be, what a darling and perfect DOTD!

Hello Edgar, it is a genuine pleasure to meet you. What a beautiful handsome sweet dog you are! You even look sweet! and no wonder everyone is crazy about you. I'm sorry you're deaf and eye sensitive but no doubt you take it all in stride and are just a lovely dog with a great personality. I enjoyed reading about you and seeing all the great photos. Many years ago I had a mini doxie and she was the sweetest dog I think I've ever had. BTW I've never seen a white/dapple dox before. Back to you Edgar, I hope you have many more good years with your family. Congrats on being DOTD!