Thread: Just letting you know that it is me in that video.......

Blog Entries

Just letting you know that it is me in that video.......

If someone is reviewing the tapes at a certain Target store, they will find a wonderful 'blooper' that might find it's way onto YouTube.

-----------------

I walked into Target to look for a pair of house slippers. I have a pair that is a few years old and are on their last laps so a new pair is in order?

--------------

I changed all the shoelaces on my shoes to a set of round laces that are always coming undone. If I do not tie them up tightly, they unravel and I feel the ends whipping about my shins and ankles.

I'll stop and re-tie them and depending on my mood and how I am feeling I'll either kneel, sit or lean up against a post or something solid and then tie my shoe.

In the stores, I'll find a column and lean up against it, then reach down to tie my shoe (Yes, I know there are places where I could sit or kneel down, I'll sit before I kneel - It's a catholic hang-up that I have....)

-------------

I walk down the main aisle and feel my shoelace hit my ankle, I stop, look and sure enough, it needs to be tied.

I see a column nearby, walk over and begin to lean against it.

In the blink of an eye I feel my equilibrium go wonky and next thing I know, I am falling down.

I grab the column only to have it pull be farther to the side.

I manage to keep myself upright and holding onto the column which is falling.........

The damn thing falls to the ground with a loud bang!

-----------------

There is another shopper heading my way and he is loking at me like I was trying to drop the thing on him and his kid. I made eye contact with him as the 'column' feel and he was looking none to pleased.

I apologized to him and turned to see that there was already an employee running toward me with more en-route!

----------------

What I had leaned against was a 'service kiosk' - a place where you can get a wipe to pickup spills, toss away trash or call for a store employee to give you a hand.

This thing weighed about 350 pounds - I had managed to hang on to it an keep it from falling across the aisle - I was more embarrassed that the top of the kiosk had fallen off...Not that I had tipped it over.

This happened two days ago, but last night I was thinking about it and wondered if someone at Target would leak that tape to a clip show - you know, the kind where they show some chucklehead almost killing himself and other shoppers - all because his shoelace was untied.

-------------

If it does make the airwaves?

I did laugh about it.
    I was embarrassed.
    and I ended up NOT buying a pair of slippers......

Glad you weren't hurt. Having said that, I want to see the "event"... sounds funny. If somebody did capture it and it ends up on YouTube, please come back and give us the url. I want to see! It would have scared me no doubt.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by kaycountrygal View Post
    Glad you weren't hurt. Having said that, I want to see the "event"... sounds funny. If somebody did capture it and it ends up on YouTube, please come back and give us the url. I want to see! It would have scared me no doubt.
    Oh man, IT was epic. Had the guy that saw the whole thing been a few steps faster? I would have probably hit him.

I think I am gong to buy some 'velcro' shoes after this.

Richard - did no one ever teach you how to make a double bow so your sneakers wouldn't come untied? I learned that by elementary school - I don't even remember who taught me, likely my big brother. I am enough of a klutz that untied laces on me are a hazard to everyone in my vicinity!
    I've Been Frosted