Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Results 16 to 27 of 27

Thread: Thursday #585.

  1. #16
    Now that my homework is done, another Irish, please?
    The one eyed man in the kingdom of the blind wasn't king, he was stoned for seeing light.

  2. #17
    Join Date
    Jun 2000
    Location
    Waltham, MA, USA
    Posts
    37,139
    Such a pretty day today, after the rain stopped, the sun came out nice and bright! Lemonade would be good, please, nice and tart and sweet!
    I've Been Frosted

  3. #18
    Join Date
    Jun 2000
    Location
    Waltham, MA, USA
    Posts
    37,139
    Okay, I WILL get this formulation down! Made some ginger peace iced tea, but as I want to make it in a large batch at a time, I used 6 Ginger Peach tea bags, and two just plain peach, with a half cup of sugar and about a quart of water. It was a little weak, so after I drank a glass I brewed another cup of tea with 2 more peach and 2 black tea - and added that. We'll see how it goes!
    I've Been Frosted

  4. #19
    Quote Originally Posted by Queen of Poop View Post
    I'd share the couch with Angel any day. Just love, love, love her! Such a cutie!

    There's only one problem with sharing a couch, bed, or other furniture with the wigglebutt:She becomes a rock once she's comfy. A very warm rock, but she DOESN"T move at all.
    The one eyed man in the kingdom of the blind wasn't king, he was stoned for seeing light.

  5. #20
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Location
    Delaware, USA - The First State/Diamond State - home of The Blue Hens
    Posts
    9,184
    A beautiful day here today - cool (upper 60's) and bright and sunny - my kind of weather. I did some shopping today, then came home and baked a pineapple flavored cake, and frosted it with Key lime/cream cheese icing. It was just a pineapple cake mix, and in place of the water in the recipe, I used pineapple juice to give it more flavor. Turned out rather yummy. Help yourself if you'd like a piece.
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    Wolfy ~ Fuzzbutt #3
    My little dog ~ a heartbeat at my feet

    Sparky the Fuzzbutt - PT's DOTD 8/3/2010
    RIP 2/28/1999~10/9/2012
    Myndi the Fuzzbutt - Mom's DOTD - Everyday
    RIP 1/24/1996~8/9/2013
    Ellie - Mom to the Fuzzbuttz

    To everything there is a season, and a time to every purpose under the heaven.
    Ecclesiastes 3:1
    The clock of life is wound but once and no man has the power
    To know just when the hands will stop - on what day, or what hour.
    Now is the only time you have, so live it with a will -
    Don't wait until tomorrow - the hands may then be still.
    ~~~~true author unknown~~~~

  6. #21
    Quote Originally Posted by pomtzu View Post
    A beautiful day here today - cool (upper 60's) and bright and sunny - my kind of weather. I did some shopping today, then came home and baked a pineapple flavored cake, and frosted it with Key lime/cream cheese icing. It was just a pineapple cake mix, and in place of the water in the recipe, I used pineapple juice to give it more flavor. Turned out rather yummy. Help yourself if you'd like a piece.

    Oops, was I supposed to share that?
    The one eyed man in the kingdom of the blind wasn't king, he was stoned for seeing light.

  7. #22
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Location
    Delaware, USA - The First State/Diamond State - home of The Blue Hens
    Posts
    9,184
    Quote Originally Posted by Lady's Human View Post
    Oops, was I supposed to share that?
    I guess that means you liked it?????
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    Wolfy ~ Fuzzbutt #3
    My little dog ~ a heartbeat at my feet

    Sparky the Fuzzbutt - PT's DOTD 8/3/2010
    RIP 2/28/1999~10/9/2012
    Myndi the Fuzzbutt - Mom's DOTD - Everyday
    RIP 1/24/1996~8/9/2013
    Ellie - Mom to the Fuzzbuttz

    To everything there is a season, and a time to every purpose under the heaven.
    Ecclesiastes 3:1
    The clock of life is wound but once and no man has the power
    To know just when the hands will stop - on what day, or what hour.
    Now is the only time you have, so live it with a will -
    Don't wait until tomorrow - the hands may then be still.
    ~~~~true author unknown~~~~

  8. #23
    My father frequently said "you can't eat sentiment" when talking about saving or getting rid of antiques.

    Pa, you may not be able to eat sentiment, but what if you use the sentimental piece to grow food?

    Just got done re-assembling the troy bilt tiller, put a new transmission on it, and I'm going to rebuild the old transmission, as it's the third prototype transmission form the tillers made in Troy, NY.

    Part one of the mission accomplished, the tiller lives, and I'll spend the next week or so sweating my butt off while I till the garden.

    Barkeep, in honor of my father, how about a cold beer?(Pa drank 2 things while tilling.....lemonade during, and a part of the 6-pack of beer he drank every summer when the tilling was done!)
    The one eyed man in the kingdom of the blind wasn't king, he was stoned for seeing light.

  9. #24
    Join Date
    Jun 2000
    Location
    Waltham, MA, USA
    Posts
    37,139
    Quote Originally Posted by Lady's Human View Post
    My father frequently said "you can't eat sentiment" when talking about saving or getting rid of antiques.

    Pa, you may not be able to eat sentiment, but what if you use the sentimental piece to grow food?

    Just got done re-assembling the troy bilt tiller, put a new transmission on it, and I'm going to rebuild the old transmission, as it's the third prototype transmission form the tillers made in Troy, NY.

    Part one of the mission accomplished, the tiller lives, and I'll spend the next week or so sweating my butt off while I till the garden.

    Barkeep, in honor of my father, how about a cold beer?(Pa drank 2 things while tilling.....lemonade during, and a part of the 6-pack of beer he drank every summer when the tilling was done!)
    I'll have a lemonade, as the tilling isn't done yet! We've had such a wet spring, I hear the "musk-ox" quote in my head whenever the rain renews the puddle that is theoretically the back lawn here!
    I've Been Frosted

  10. #25
    Join Date
    Aug 2004
    Location
    Alberta, Canada
    Posts
    21,158
    Sure sign of spring when I see and smell newly-mown grass! The rain we had in the last several days really got the green going!

    I'll take a large Irish with ALL coffee please!
    "To begin, begin." ~William Wordsworth

  11. #26
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Location
    Illinois, USA
    Posts
    25,408
    Is it Friday yet? *sigh* This is a looooong Wednesday.
    I've been Boo'd ... right off the stage!

    Aaahh, I have been defrosted! Thank you, Bonny and Asiel!
    Brrrr, I've been Frosted! Thank you, Asiel and Pomtzu!


    "That's the power of kittens (and puppies too, of course): They can reduce us to quivering masses of Jell-O in about two seconds flat and make us like it. Good thing they don't have opposable thumbs or they'd surely have taken over the world by now." -- Paul Lukas

    Cassie's Catster page: http://www.catster.com/cats/448678

  12. #27
    Join Date
    Jun 2000
    Location
    Waltham, MA, USA
    Posts
    37,139
    Quote Originally Posted by cassiesmom View Post
    Is it Friday yet? *sigh* This is a looooong Wednesday.
    Some are - you might be persuaded to have someone open the next Thursdays now - as it IS already Thursday in New Zealand!
    I've Been Frosted

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

Copyright © 2001-2013 Pet of the Day.com