Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Dear Pet Talk people, old and new

I said it once before, and I'll say it again..........I find FB much more confusing and difficult to navigate than PT. You have to scroll thru so much junk and ads in FB in an attempt to find something that you were looking at just hours before, and so much is repeat-repeat-repeat over and over again. I just don't see how folks find it easier than PT. I get bored and frustrated with FB most of the time and just leave. On PT - you can find exactly what you're looking for in just a snap, and don't have to contend with the ads and repeat junk over and over.

Don't change PT Karen and Paul - you have a winner just the way it is.
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    Wolfy ~ Fuzzbutt #3
    My little dog ~ a heartbeat at my feet

Sparky the Fuzzbutt - PT's DOTD 8/3/2010
    RIP 2/28/1999~10/9/2012
    Myndi the Fuzzbutt - Mom's DOTD - Everyday
    RIP 1/24/1996~8/9/2013
    Ellie - Mom to the Fuzzbuttz

To everything there is a season, and a time to every purpose under the heaven.
    Ecclesiastes 3:1
    The clock of life is wound but once and no man has the power
    To know just when the hands will stop - on what day, or what hour.
    Now is the only time you have, so live it with a will -
    Don't wait until tomorrow - the hands may then be still.
    ~~~~true author unknown~~~~

Quote Originally Posted by pomtzu View Post
    Aww, thanks, Pomtzu! We do appreciate it!
    I've Been Frosted

Quote Originally Posted by pomtzu View Post
    I said it once before, and I'll say it again..........I find FB much more confusing and difficult to navigate than PT. You have to scroll thru so much junk and ads in FB in an attempt to find something that you were looking at just hours before, and so much is repeat-repeat-repeat over and over again. I just don't see how folks find it easier than PT. I get bored and frustrated with FB most of the time and just leave. On PT - you can find exactly what you're looking for in just a snap, and don't have to contend with the ads and repeat junk over and over.

I couldn't agree with you more, Ellie. Technology and I have a "Hate you - hate you more" relationship. PT is the ONLY website I come to because it's easy to follow and it's the only one where I feel safe from techno-intruders like hackers.
    FIND A PURPOSE IN LIFE.....BE A BAD EXAMPLE

I just read an article about the terms and conditions sheets in website. There was one website that hid the phrase "You are seling your soul to us." in the text and it took thousands of registered customers before somebody noticed. I refuse to sign up to websites that are more complicated than I understand...and I feel fairly safe at Pet Talk

I check in a couple of times a week for a quick look. A lot of the time the forums are very inactive sadly.

I spend most of my online time on a non pet related forum & FB now (although have taken a big FB step back).
    Rhi *Hooman* Clover *Rottie x ACD* (RIP to my BRD) Elvis and Tinny *The BCs* & Harri *JRT* Luna *BC x*

Quote Originally Posted by cloverfdx View Post
    I check in a couple of times a week for a quick look. A lot of the time the forums are very inactive sadly.

I spend most of my online time on a non pet related forum & FB now (although have taken a big FB step back).
    As always we are glad you are still here - and of course the "cure" for an inactive forum is to post! Even the little thing - like Frito feet or How to Boil Eggs can become a classic!
    I've Been Frosted

Bumpity bump - I need to refer to this for an email, and figured other could use it as well!
    I've Been Frosted

Karen, PT is the number ONE forum for me. I have so many good memories. I still think it's sad that so many have left. I'm sure we're many who want to see them back. It would make PT so much more fun. The feeling of PT is very much influenced on who posts. Some of the ones who is not here anymore were really important, like Phred... and others. We don't all love each other, but we all love our pets. OK, some may have left because of age or because they are busy with other things.

I know FB has drawn a lot of people in. I don't like FB myself, but I can see why some people are there... it's easy to post a short reply or just "Like" something, and there are so many different groups you can join, and you can find long lost friends and family. Still, I think the FB world is too superficial, and I'm sure it's ruining many forums.

Concerning replies to C, D and P of the Day... I sometimes have the feeling that the owner of the Cat, Dog or Pet don't even see the replies, and sometimes we're just too busy, tired or uninspired to post a reply.

One thing I thought about is to ask the person to sign his/her name, or whether they are male or female, so when we do post, we know whether to address them he or she.

Well, I'll stop blabbering for now.
    Last edited by Randi; 02-24-2016 at 09:40 AM.

"I don't know which weapons will be used in the third World war, but in the fourth, it will be sticks and stones" --- Albert Einstein.

Quote Originally Posted by Randi View Post
    [COLOR=#222222]
    Concerning replies to C, D and P of the Day... I sometimes have the feeling that the owner of the Cat, Dog or Pet don't even see the replies, and sometimes we're just too busy, tired or uninspired to post a reply.
    Many, many, many more people than you all think see the responses to the featured pet. Some write to me - sometimes that day, and sometimes days or even years later - to say how much those responses mean to each of them! Just the other day, Poe the Cat's person wrote to me in tears of joy that others understood how wonderful her cat is to her ....
    I've Been Frosted

My posts on the Cats of the Day follow a formula that I kind of worked out over time.. I feel like I'm not very creative here, but it comes down to that I want to say pretty much the same kinds of things about all the cats.

I don't know if this is a good idea or not, but I haven't been able to come up with another approach. Thanks for any thoughts out there!

I meant," said Ipslore bitterly, "what is there in this world that truly makes living worthwhile?"
    Death thought about it.
    CATS, he said eventually. CATS ARE NICE.

-- Sir Terry Pratchett (19482015), Sourcery

Quote Originally Posted by Randi View Post
    Karen, PT is the number ONE forum for me. I have so many good memories. I still think it's sad that so many have left. I'm sure we're many who want to see them back. It would make PT so much more fun. The feeling of PT is very much influenced on who posts. Some of the ones who is not here anymore were really important, like Phred... and others. We don't all love each other, but we all love our pets. Ok, some may have left because of age or because they are busy, but the fact that you made the Forum "Dog House" should have solved any disagreements. I mean people can chose to open it, or not.

I know FB has drawn a lot of people in. I don't like FB myself, but I can see why some people post there... it's easy to post a short reply or just "Like" something, and there are many different groups and interests you can join, and you can find long lost friends and family. Still, I think the FB world is too superficial, and I'm sure it's ruining many forums.

One thing I thought about is to ask the person to sign his/her name, or whether they are male or female, so when we do post, we know whether to address them he or she.

Well, I'll stop blabbering for now.
    PT is the Number One forum for me too!

And I'm also sorry about the so many members who have drifted away for one reason or another.

And I don't do Facebook, and I don't intend to, and I can't think of any reason why I would ever want to, ever in the future.

I also think it would be nice to have some way to know if the pet owner is male or female, to know the proper pronouns to use and such.

Thanks, Randi!!!

Last edited by phesina; 02-23-2016 at 07:51 PM.
    I meant," said Ipslore bitterly, "what is there in this world that truly makes living worthwhile?"
    Death thought about it.

Quote Originally Posted by Karen View Post
    Many, many, many more people than you all think see the responses to the featured pet. Some write to me - sometimes that day, and sometimes days or even years later - to say how much those responses mean to each of them! Just the other day, Poe the Cat's person wrote to me in tears of joy that others understood how wonderful her cat is to her ....

That's so good to know, Karen, about all the people whose pets are "... of the Day" and how much they appreciate and treasure the responses posted. Thank you!

And thank you so much for making this wonderful, special, treasured place possible for us.
    Death thought about it.

I'm still here. I don't post as much as I used to or as much as I would like. That's because of the arthritis in my hands. They go numb a lot. No Facebook for me. It hurts my heart to hear people say they don't post much here any more but post on Facebook. Why not just kick us while you are here!
    No matter what anyone does, someone some where will be offended some how!!!!
    MY BLESSINGS:
    Grandma (RB), Chester, Angel, Chip

Leonardo (RB), Luke (RB), Winnie, Chuck,

Frankie

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    WHERE YOU ARE IS WHERE YOU ARE SUPPOSED TO BE!!!
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

If you really want to know an owner's gender, I can usually tell you, if you PM me! Often it is obvious in the story, but I know sometimes it is not. I, however, am always privy to the person's email address, and sometimes his or her name, so can often tell!
    I've Been Frosted

Sometimes it's obvious, even to me, if a person is male or female, but I've noticed that others write he/she in their replies. Well, it's not a big deal, just an idea.

Good to see you here, MOFF! Sorry about your arthritis. How many kitties do you have now?

"I don't know which weapons will be used in the third World war, but in the fourth, it will be sticks and stones" --- Albert Einstein.