Thread: Corner Curio Cabinet?

Blog Entries

Corner Curio Cabinet?

Did anyone watch the "Wheel of Fortune" episode about this mispronunciation of the puzzle solution?

Why is everyone complaining that this contestant lost a million dollar prize?

He lost the chance to try and win a million dollars, the million wasn't guaranteed - he still had to win the game, spin another wheel, land on the million dollar prize and solve another puzzle.

-------------------------

All because he didn't know what a curio cabinet was and how to pronounce it.

I wonder what his obituary will say about it?

Well, it wasn't so much as he mispronounced it as he fumbled the syllables in the last two words. I am sure if he had said, "Corner Coo-ree-o Cabinet," or "Corner Cyo-rye-o Cabinet," or anything getting the first and last words in correctly, they would have given it him! Not the first time nerves got the best of someone on a gameshow!
    I've Been Frosted

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Karen View Post
    Well, it wasn't so much as he mispronounced it as he fumbled the syllables in the last two words. I am sure if he had said, "Corner Coo-ree-o Cabinet," or "Corner Cyo-rye-o Cabinet," or anything getting the first and last words in correctly, they would have given it him! Not the first time nerves got the best of someone on a gameshow!
    Gotcha.

I am just stunned that people were awarding him the million as if that solution depended on it!