Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
Results 31 to 44 of 44

Thread: Wolfy's PT Debut-Story #26

  1. #31
    Join Date
    Oct 2003
    Location
    Michigan
    Posts
    8,519
    The Lord moves in mysterious ways, his wonders to perform

    Me thinks your two in Heaven had something to do with Wolfy and the way you came in contact with him. They have given you their seal of approval

    Feel free to tell us any and all stories about your new love

  2. #32
    Join Date
    Jun 2000
    Location
    Waltham, MA, USA
    Posts
    35,335
    Awww, we will not be bored with Wolfy stories, I promise!

    And we are sure Sparky and Myndy approve, and know there is no way you would ever forget them!
    I've Been Frosted

  3. #33
    Join Date
    Jul 2002
    Location
    Vermont
    Posts
    5,010
    Congratulations!
    I have to agree with everyone else, Wolfie is so handsome and I love his unique coloring.
    Like someone else already mentioned, his coloring reminds me of a long haired tortoiseshell cat.
    I hope you and Wolfie (cute name!) enjoy many happy years together.
    Please post as many photos of him as possible, he will have to get used that that camera being in his face because he's so cute!
    RIP sweet Samantha
    6/26/88-8/28/08
    ----------------------------

    Milly & Izzy

  4. #34
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Location
    Delaware, USA - The First State/Diamond State - home of The Blue Hens
    Posts
    8,734
    Thanks everyone, for the nice comments on my new little man. I think he's a real gem, and I'm so thankful that I was the one that got to adopt him. I'm sure it was those 2 RB Fuzzbuttz that planned this one out - it just seemed that they got the ball rolling and told me which direction to go to retrieve it! They did good!!!!!

    Wolfy has his first visit with Dr Annie tomorrow morning, so I shall see how well he behaves at the vet. He had his rabies and all his required vaccines at the shelter and checked negative for heartworms. He needs his Lyme vaccine and to get started on the heartworm med, and I think he might have a slight case of seasonal allergies. He's biting and scratching, but not excessively, and I can find no fleas or flea dirt on him, and he sneezes occasionally and when he goes outside his eyes get a little watery. I should find him some sunglasses maybe??? I also want doc to find the location of the microchip so I can keep a check on that site, since there have been issues. If it had been my decision, I probably wouldn't have had him chipped, but it's required for adoption thru the state shelters.

    So I'll be back with some tails (I mean tales) tomorrow. Maybe Wolfy will develop the storytelling skill like Myndi and Sparky had, once he's been around for a while and gets some adventures under his belt - or I guess that should be collar!
    I've Been Boo'd
    Thanks, Barry
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    My little dogs - two heartbeats at my feet.
    by Edith Wharton & Me
    Sparky the Fuzzbutt - PT's DOTD 8/3/2010
    RIP 2/28/1999~10/9/2012
    Myndi the Fuzzbutt - Mom's DOTD - Everyday
    RIP 1/24/1996~8/9/2013
    Ellie - Mom to the Fuzzbuttz

    To everything there is a season, and a time to every purpose under the heaven.
    Ecclesiastes 3:1
    The clock of life is wound but once and no man has the power
    To know just when the hands will stop - on what day, or what hour.
    Now is the only time you have, so live it with a will -
    Don't wait until tomorrow - the hands may then be still.
    ~~~~true author unknown~~~~

  5. #35
    Join Date
    Aug 2004
    Location
    Calgary, Alberta, Canada
    Posts
    4,364
    What a wonderful story. Thank you for sharing it. I'm so glad you and Wolfie were guided to each other by your fur angels.
    Gayle - self proclaimed Queen of Poop
    Mommy to: Cali and Diego (six year old kittens)
    (RB furbabies: Rascal RB 10/11/03 (ferret), Sami RB 24/02/04 (dog), Trouble RB 10/08/05 (ferret), Miko RB 20/01/06 (ferret) and Sebastian RB 12/12/06(ferret), Sasha RB 17/10/09 (border collie cross)

  6. #36
    Join Date
    Mar 2004
    Location
    Ohio
    Posts
    22,073
    Thanks for sharing how Wolfy ended up in your home Ellie! I won't get tired of reading the stories. Eyestrain maybe, but not tired!

    Forever in my heart...Lacey,Sassy,Mandy,Corey,Ginger,Casey

  7. #37
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Location
    Off-Planet: Usually Vulcan ;)
    Posts
    11,157
    Well, you are quite the looker Wolfy! I can't believe I almost missed these. Tell your mom to keep you under lock and key, I can be dangerous when I want something Tell her to watch out this Saturday, I'll be over in that area .

    About the mixed breed, could he possibly be have papillon in him?? I don't have much experience with Poms but Papillons have bigger ears if I recall and I used to babysit one when his owners went away. Either way, I hope he is working out for you and you two have many happy years!

    ETA: Nevermind my stupidity about Papillons but I guess they're say he's a mix because Poms don't normally come in Brindle? He could just be one of those dogs that got the most of one breed...Poms. My guess would be Chi if anything. It does happen that way. After having a mostly "beagle" Puggle, I know.
    Mikey - [Pug/Beagle Mix] Spock and T'Stala - [Hermit Crabs] Rest in Peace, Bo. I love you - [African Cawed Frog] Bo II - [Guppy] Buzz - [VT Male Betta] Chippewa - [BT Male Betta]
    "Never be ashamed of a scar. It simply means you were stronger than whatever tried to hurt you."

  8. #38
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Location
    Delaware, USA - The First State/Diamond State - home of The Blue Hens
    Posts
    8,734
    Quote Originally Posted by Alysser View Post
    Well, you are quite the looker Wolfy! I can't believe I almost missed these. Tell your mom to keep you under lock and key, I can be dangerous when I want something Tell her to watch out this Saturday, I'll be over in that area .

    About the mixed breed, could he possibly be have papillon in him?? I don't have much experience with Poms but Papillons have bigger ears if I recall and I used to babysit one when his owners went away. Either way, I hope he is working out for you and you two have many happy years!

    ETA: Nevermind my stupidity about Papillons but I guess they're say he's a mix because Poms don't normally come in Brindle? He could just be one of those dogs that got the most of one breed...Poms. My guess would be Chi if anything. It does happen that way. After having a mostly "beagle" Puggle, I know.
    I thought Pap too, with those ears and the hair tufts in them. It really doesn't matter to me tho - he's purebred lovebug! Under breed info for Poms, it does list brindle as one of the colors - I just had never seen one before. Sparky was Shih Tzu/Pom, but he looked 100% Tzu.

    You gonna be anywhere in central DE? If you have the time and inclination, perhaps we could meet somewhere.
    I've Been Boo'd
    Thanks, Barry
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    My little dogs - two heartbeats at my feet.
    by Edith Wharton & Me
    Sparky the Fuzzbutt - PT's DOTD 8/3/2010
    RIP 2/28/1999~10/9/2012
    Myndi the Fuzzbutt - Mom's DOTD - Everyday
    RIP 1/24/1996~8/9/2013
    Ellie - Mom to the Fuzzbuttz

    To everything there is a season, and a time to every purpose under the heaven.
    Ecclesiastes 3:1
    The clock of life is wound but once and no man has the power
    To know just when the hands will stop - on what day, or what hour.
    Now is the only time you have, so live it with a will -
    Don't wait until tomorrow - the hands may then be still.
    ~~~~true author unknown~~~~

  9. #39
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Location
    Off-Planet: Usually Vulcan ;)
    Posts
    11,157
    Quote Originally Posted by pomtzu View Post
    I thought Pap too, with those ears and the hair tufts in them. It really doesn't matter to me tho - he's purebred lovebug! Under breed info for Poms, it does list brindle as one of the colors - I just had never seen one before. Sparky was Shih Tzu/Pom, but he looked 100% Tzu.

    You gonna be anywhere in central DE? If you have the time and inclination, perhaps we could meet somewhere.
    Whatever he is, he's adorable!

    I'm going to be in South Jersey, literally across the bridge from Christiana, DE (I am pretty sure that's the city I'm thinking of), however, I will be busy. I would definitely love to meet if you ever want to! We can try to have a little PT meeting set up for East Coasters (PA, NJ, NY, & DE?) I'm old enough to drive now, so it's much easier to get to those LOL.
    Mikey - [Pug/Beagle Mix] Spock and T'Stala - [Hermit Crabs] Rest in Peace, Bo. I love you - [African Cawed Frog] Bo II - [Guppy] Buzz - [VT Male Betta] Chippewa - [BT Male Betta]
    "Never be ashamed of a scar. It simply means you were stronger than whatever tried to hurt you."

  10. #40
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Location
    Northern cyberspace
    Posts
    1,843
    What a fantastic story for the first chapter of the saga. I'm with you all the way----I really think your two furfriends saw you were lonely all alone and they decided to get involved and help you find another friend. What a wonderful gift and Wolfie looks gorgeous, love the colours, wait till the sun shines down on him, bet he'll sparkle.

    I hope the two of you have a long happy life bringing each other love and fun times. Never will understand how anyone can give up a dog, something I could never do no matter what problem I was facing. Must say this time I think it was meant to be--

    Don't forget chapter two---
    Asiel


    I've been defrosted---thanks cassiesmom

    I've been Boo'd -

  11. #41
    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Location
    Colorado
    Posts
    4,244
    Congratulations! He is such a beautiful little dog. It sounds like he was meant to be with you.

  12. #42
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Location
    Illinois, USA
    Posts
    24,288
    Quote Originally Posted by pomtzu View Post
    Wolfy has his first visit with Dr Annie tomorrow morning, so I shall see how well he behaves at the vet. He had his rabies and all his required vaccines at the shelter and checked negative for heartworms. He needs his Lyme vaccine and to get started on the heartworm med, and I think he might have a slight case of seasonal allergies. He's biting and scratching, but not excessively, and I can find no fleas or flea dirt on him, and he sneezes occasionally and when he goes outside his eyes get a little watery. I should find him some sunglasses maybe??? I also want doc to find the location of the microchip so I can keep a check on that site, since there have been issues. If it had been my decision, I probably wouldn't have had him chipped, but it's required for adoption thru the state shelters.
    Pomtzu and Wolfy, how did the doctor visit go? Does he have the allergy symptoms still? (Can you give an antihistamine to a dog, maybe in a super teeny tiny dose?) Could you please give him a gentle little kiss and hug for me, because he is just so handsome !
    Yikes! I've been Boo'd ... right off of the stage!
    Aaahh, I have been defrosted! Thank you, Bonny and Asiel!
    Brrrr, I've been Frosted! Thank you, Asiel and Pomtzu!


    "That's the power of kittens (and puppies too, of course): They can reduce us to quivering masses of Jell-O in about two seconds flat and make us like it. Good thing they don't have opposable thumbs or they'd surely have taken over the world by now." -- Paul Lukas

    Cassie's Catster page: http://www.catster.com/cats/448678

  13. #43
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Location
    Delaware, USA - The First State/Diamond State - home of The Blue Hens
    Posts
    8,734
    Quote Originally Posted by cassiesmom View Post
    Pomtzu and Wolfy, how did the doctor visit go? Does he have the allergy symptoms still? (Can you give an antihistamine to a dog, maybe in a super teeny tiny dose?) Could you please give him a gentle little kiss and hug for me, because he is just so handsome !
    It went fine and I'll start a new thread later today. Yesterday was super busy and some things need to get done this morning before I get rambling on about my new boy.
    I've Been Boo'd
    Thanks, Barry
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    My little dogs - two heartbeats at my feet.
    by Edith Wharton & Me
    Sparky the Fuzzbutt - PT's DOTD 8/3/2010
    RIP 2/28/1999~10/9/2012
    Myndi the Fuzzbutt - Mom's DOTD - Everyday
    RIP 1/24/1996~8/9/2013
    Ellie - Mom to the Fuzzbuttz

    To everything there is a season, and a time to every purpose under the heaven.
    Ecclesiastes 3:1
    The clock of life is wound but once and no man has the power
    To know just when the hands will stop - on what day, or what hour.
    Now is the only time you have, so live it with a will -
    Don't wait until tomorrow - the hands may then be still.
    ~~~~true author unknown~~~~

  14. #44
    Join Date
    Mar 2004
    Location
    Midwest
    Posts
    3,791
    Blog Entries
    3
    Wolfy sounds like he is fitting right in. Congratulations Wolfy & Pomtzu
    "I've been defrosted by Cassiesmom" Spring is here somewhere?

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

Copyright © 2001-2013 Pet of the Day.com