Page 3 of 10 FirstFirst 12345678910 LastLast
Results 31 to 45 of 146

Thread: Random canine thoughts

  1. #31
    Great. We have a dog who's addicted to gingersnaps.

    Just what I need. LOL

    As to the rope, the 5-knot rope is lasting much, much longer than the previous ropes, as she can't undo all the knots from the end.
    The one eyed man in the kingdom of the blind wasn't king, he was stoned for seeing light.

  2. #32
    Join Date
    Jun 2000
    Location
    Waltham, MA, USA
    Posts
    37,153
    Quote Originally Posted by Lady's Human View Post
    Great. We have a dog who's addicted to gingersnaps.

    Just what I need. LOL

    As to the rope, the 5-knot rope is lasting much, much longer than the previous ropes, as she can't undo all the knots from the end.
    Excellent! The more knots the better, as it turns out!
    I've Been Frosted

  3. #33
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Location
    Illinois, USA
    Posts
    25,415
    I saw this on Huffington Post. It's a series of photos of black dogs, who tend to not get adopted because of their color.
    http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2014/0..._ref=good-news
    I've been Boo'd ... right off the stage!

    Aaahh, I have been defrosted! Thank you, Bonny and Asiel!
    Brrrr, I've been Frosted! Thank you, Asiel and Pomtzu!


    "That's the power of kittens (and puppies too, of course): They can reduce us to quivering masses of Jell-O in about two seconds flat and make us like it. Good thing they don't have opposable thumbs or they'd surely have taken over the world by now." -- Paul Lukas

    Cassie's Catster page: http://www.catster.com/cats/448678

  4. #34
    Okay, Angel.

    I get it.

    You get jealous when Patch comes to bed with me in the morning (I work nights).

    However, that doesn't mean you have to lie down on top of me to block Patch from being able to.

    Patch weights 10 lbs.

    You, however, dear pup, weigh considerably more than that. It's hard to breathe with 60 lbs of dog reclining on my chest. Besides, Patch still managed to find room to curl up on my shins. I was very, very warm, but it's hard to sleep when you can't breathe.
    The one eyed man in the kingdom of the blind wasn't king, he was stoned for seeing light.

  5. #35
    Join Date
    Jun 2000
    Location
    Waltham, MA, USA
    Posts
    37,153
    Aww, Angel, there's enough of Dad for both you an Patch to have snuggle room without you squashing his chest!
    I've Been Frosted

  6. #36
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Location
    Illinois, USA
    Posts
    25,415
    Quote Originally Posted by Karen View Post
    Aww, Angel, there's enough of Dad for both you an Patch to have snuggle room without you squashing his chest!
    The mental picture of Dad, Patch and Angel having a snuggle gives me a huge
    xoxoxoxo, Angel and Patch!
    I've been Boo'd ... right off the stage!

    Aaahh, I have been defrosted! Thank you, Bonny and Asiel!
    Brrrr, I've been Frosted! Thank you, Asiel and Pomtzu!


    "That's the power of kittens (and puppies too, of course): They can reduce us to quivering masses of Jell-O in about two seconds flat and make us like it. Good thing they don't have opposable thumbs or they'd surely have taken over the world by now." -- Paul Lukas

    Cassie's Catster page: http://www.catster.com/cats/448678

  7. #37
    While yesterday was a thoroughly irritating and frustrating day, there was a bit of humor.

    Angel was due for her semi-annual checkup. They had to weigh her to get the correct dose for heartworm meds. While attempting to get her to stay still enough on the scale to get a semi-accurate reading, I glanced over at her chart to see what her previous weight was. I couldn't read it. The scale settled at a touch over 50 lbs, and as soon as we could almost read it someone decided that that was enough. I asked the vet what her weight was the last time, and she told me "50 pounds and wiggles". Still accurate!
    The one eyed man in the kingdom of the blind wasn't king, he was stoned for seeing light.

  8. #38
    Join Date
    Jun 2000
    Location
    Waltham, MA, USA
    Posts
    37,153
    Quote Originally Posted by Lady's Human View Post
    While yesterday was a thoroughly irritating and frustrating day, there was a bit of humor.

    Angel was due for her semi-annual checkup. They had to weigh her to get the correct dose for heartworm meds. While attempting to get her to stay still enough on the scale to get a semi-accurate reading, I glanced over at her chart to see what her previous weight was. I couldn't read it. The scale settled at a touch over 50 lbs, and as soon as we could almost read it someone decided that that was enough. I asked the vet what her weight was the last time, and she told me "50 pounds and wiggles". Still accurate!
    Hee hee, holding still is for old dogs, Dad! We gotz things to do!
    I've Been Frosted

  9. #39
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Location
    Illinois, USA
    Posts
    25,415
    Quote Originally Posted by Lady's Human View Post
    While yesterday was a thoroughly irritating and frustrating day, there was a bit of humor.

    Angel was due for her semi-annual checkup. They had to weigh her to get the correct dose for heartworm meds. While attempting to get her to stay still enough on the scale to get a semi-accurate reading, I glanced over at her chart to see what her previous weight was. I couldn't read it. The scale settled at a touch over 50 lbs, and as soon as we could almost read it someone decided that that was enough. I asked the vet what her weight was the last time, and she told me "50 pounds and wiggles". Still accurate!
    That's 50 pounds of love and wiggles, Dad! Angel pup, I am so glad you are a PT dog, because these stories about you make me smile!

    Edited to ask: Angel Pup, did you have a Gotcha day- did I miss it? Belated happy Gotcha Day!
    Last edited by cassiesmom; 04-30-2014 at 05:15 PM.
    I've been Boo'd ... right off the stage!

    Aaahh, I have been defrosted! Thank you, Bonny and Asiel!
    Brrrr, I've been Frosted! Thank you, Asiel and Pomtzu!


    "That's the power of kittens (and puppies too, of course): They can reduce us to quivering masses of Jell-O in about two seconds flat and make us like it. Good thing they don't have opposable thumbs or they'd surely have taken over the world by now." -- Paul Lukas

    Cassie's Catster page: http://www.catster.com/cats/448678

  10. #40
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    Indiana
    Posts
    411
    I love Angel stories! Lol silly pup!
    Owned by my baby and heart-dog Lolli.

    If each pet we love takes a part of our heart and replaces it with a part of theirs, my heart is a very strange collection of pieces, but I wouldn't have it any other way


    Some people believe holding on and hanging in there are signs of great strength. However, there are times when it takes much more strength to know when to let go, and then do it. --Ann Landers

  11. #41
    Someone's Gotcha day was March 22, we all missed!
    The one eyed man in the kingdom of the blind wasn't king, he was stoned for seeing light.

  12. #42
    Join Date
    Jun 2000
    Location
    Waltham, MA, USA
    Posts
    37,153
    Aww, Happy Belated, Angel pup!
    I've Been Frosted

  13. #43
    Speaking of belated, I think it's time to put the photography crew to work....
    The one eyed man in the kingdom of the blind wasn't king, he was stoned for seeing light.

  14. #44
    I should have known it was BAD idea.......

    The other morning Angel brought her rope to bed with her. I figured she just wanted a pacifier as I was feeling wiped and didn't have the energy to play with her like I usually do when I get home from work.

    Yesterday morning I was informed by events that it probably wasn't the best decision I've made. I was just nodding off when someone came trotting into the bedroom with her rope.....and proceeded to wave the rope around at me trying to get me to play. I told her to calm down and she did, dropped the rope and then went to get her tennis balls. I should have known better than to let her bring a toy to bed....
    The one eyed man in the kingdom of the blind wasn't king, he was stoned for seeing light.

  15. #45
    Join Date
    Jun 2000
    Location
    Waltham, MA, USA
    Posts
    37,153
    Quote Originally Posted by Lady's Human View Post
    I should have known it was BAD idea.......

    The other morning Angel brought her rope to bed with her. I figured she just wanted a pacifier as I was feeling wiped and didn't have the energy to play with her like I usually do when I get home from work.

    Yesterday morning I was informed by events that it probably wasn't the best decision I've made. I was just nodding off when someone came trotting into the bedroom with her rope.....and proceeded to wave the rope around at me trying to get me to play. I told her to calm down and she did, dropped the rope and then went to get her tennis balls. I should have known better than to let her bring a toy to bed....
    Awww, Angel - toys are not for bed time! And while you may get all excited an d energized at the sight of a tennis ball, that doesn't work for Dad, sorry!
    I've Been Frosted

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

Copyright © 2001-2013 Pet of the Day.com