Thread: Please keep your "DOGS" on a leash!!!

Please keep your "DOGS" on a leash!!!

I was driving up the street a few days ago and came across two large 'dogs' on the lawn of a home. I thought that it was crazy to allow two dogs of THAT size to run loose like that. I thought about the leash laws in the area and wished a pox upon the owner of these two animals.

I live within walking distance of an area park and the road I was on goes up a little hill and down the road next to it...I slowed down, just in case the dogs bolted across my track.

I stopped the car and watched them for a few seconds and realized that I was looking at two deer who were munching on some ivy along the driveway of the house.

I laughed and watched them for a minute -until they crossed the road - spooked by a car coming in the opposite direction.

-----

This morning I drove up the same street and again, I was stunned by the same sight, two deer eating off of a lawn in the same area.

I have seen squirrels and the occasional possum, but this was a real treat, especially getting to see it twice in one week?

---------

Now, I am not so sure about any leash laws....especially for DEER!!!!

I saw what I thought was a dog by the side of the road yesterday, Richard. It was dark out and I was on my way home from church choir rehearsal. It went under a street light and I think it was actually a fox. It went back into the woods as I drove past.
    I've been Boo'd ... right off the stage!

Aaahh, I have been defrosted! Thank you, Bonny and Asiel!
    Brrrr, I've been Frosted! Thank you, Asiel and Pomtzu!

"When dogs are looking at you, they're essentially hugging you with their eyes." -- Dr. Brian Hare

"That's the power of kittens (and puppies too, of course): They can reduce us to quivering masses of Jell-O in about two seconds flat and make us like it. Good thing they don't have opposable thumbs or they'd surely have taken over the world by now." -- Paul Lukas

Cassie's Catster page: http://www.catster.com/cats/448678

Good story Richard! Very special sight.
    Thank you Karen, for fixing my siggy!

Hee hee - nice that they were there, hopefully it is not a sign of overpopulation!
    I've Been Frosted

Aww haha! If only we had such lovely creatures running wild here. Though with the traffic and over-population etc., I think it's safe and better they're not

Quote Originally Posted by sana View Post
    Aww haha! If only we had such lovely creatures running wild here. Though with the traffic and over-population etc., I think it's safe and better they're not
    Are there deer further away tom the city there?
    I've Been Frosted

Quote Originally Posted by Karen View Post
    Are there deer further away tom the city there?
    Yes, but more towards the northern side area. Some types can be found in the southern area too though.

Last night, about midnight, Doris looked up from her chair to see two deer walking across our lawn. From where the streetlights are, they backlight any one or animal that happens to walk in front of the house.

They apparently were walking about, looking for some tasty plants to eat?

A few minutes later I caught the flank of another passing by and from what D saw, it was a buck with a nice rack!

-----
    Since it snowed here yesterday, I got to see the tracks and they left in the snow and they walked really close to the house!!

NOW I know why the dog goes crazy when I walk him around the circle!!! He's following the deer track. It seems that they walk down the street and follow it thru a counterclockwise loop around the houses and after they make the loop, they head back into the park!!!!

Hee hee! At my last apartment, I definitely used to catch sight of "stray dogs" out of the corner of my eye, only to turn and see wild turkeys...