Thread: They Were Trying To Rob A Girl One Night...Who Turned Out To Be A Trained Fighter

Alberta, Canada

They Were Trying To Rob A Girl One Night...Who Turned Out To Be A Trained Fighter

Robbing someone is a really terrible thing to do, whether you're breaking into someone's home or stealing
    from them on the street. Taking advantage of people and taking the things that they worked hard to buy
    is so disgusting, but the sad reality is that these criminals usually get away with it.
    Not this time, though. In Brazil, one mugging took an interesting turn when a pair of thieves messed with
    the wrong woman. They thought they would steal her purse and get away with it, but there was
    one very important thing that they obviously did not know about her.

They were trying to rob a trained MMA fighter.

Monique Bastos pulled out all the ruthless stops when they tried to take her things.
    Watch the whole thing go down in the video below:

Crime obviously doesn't pay in the end, and you never really know who you're dealing with.
    Bastos even managed to detain the would-be robbers until police arrived.
    Now that is a woman you don't want to mess with.
    "Care about what other people think and you will always be their prisoner." -- Lao Tzu

Copenhagen, Denmark - GMT+1
    Well done, girl! Wish I was able to do the same. Anthony Bourdain's wife, Ottavia could do it, too.

"I don't know which weapons will be used in the third World war, but in the fourth, it will be sticks and stones" --- Albert Einstein.

Waltham, MA, USA
    Good for her!

She should be the new face of "You hit like a girl!"
    I've Been Frosted

Ai, Dios Mio!!!

I don't know Portuguese so I couldn't do a translation, but the gist of the conversation was..

"Boy, Am I stupid......"

I read this story a few days ago and this was the second time this woman had been robbed.

THIS time, two men accosted her and one took her cell phone, the buffoon in the video, wasn't fast enough to get away and ended up on the floor - his accomplice did leave with the phone, but this gentleman was given eternal fame on the interwebs as "the guy that got put into an MMA submission hold and then carried on like a little punk".

I usually have only scorn for people who feel the need to video everything in life, but I really do love the clips that show the frailty and stupidity of man.