Thread: Things that amuse me ...

Things that amuse me ...

Yes, trends in spammers again ...

Why do I get so much spam assuming I am single and in need of a partner (male or female)?

And now I am getting "life is short, have an affair" spam! Like violating one's marriage vows and morals would make life any longer? Don't get the logic with that one!

And there's a common spam now entitled these X (pick a number) questions will get any woman "excited" ... (word changed for family-freindlyness!)

Like there are any questions that would be the same for any group of women?

At least the e.d. spam has lessened.
    I've Been Frosted

Spambots are non-discriminating - they just send out bunches of the stuff to all computers everywhere!

If you really have a slow day some time you can do this:

1. On your email program, find out how to Display All Headers or View Original Email.

2. Look carefully through all the wee letters and numbers and look for the last "From:".

3. That last From will have an IP address. Copy that and paste into the search box here: https://www.arin.net/ The search box is waay at the top left of the page.

4. If the spam originates in North America it will provide the IP information. Find the "abuse@" address or similar and copy it.

5. Go back to your spam mail and forward it - WITH the original headers etc - to the "abuse" email addy.

Note - the originating IP may be in Asia/Pacific (APNIC), Europe (RIPE) or other databases. ARIN will provide the link to those if needed.

I did this years ago before Spam filters were at all common.

Have fun!
    "Life is like an elevator. On your way up, sometimes you have to stop and let some people off." -- Author Unknown

My email program actually filters out most of the spam, this is just the few that get through. Trust me, I get many thousands of pieces of spam a day that I never see. And I never, ever even open the ones that make it to my inbox, never mind "unsubscribe" or report them to someone - that just confirms that my email address is a good one, and will get it on more spam lists!

I just thought the trending topics were interesting discussion points!
    I've Been Frosted

About once a week I get a spam e-mail offering help for erectile dysfunction. I admit I have problems, but erectile dysfunction isn't one of them.
    I've been Boo'd ... right off the stage!

Aaahh, I have been defrosted! Thank you, Bonny and Asiel!
    Brrrr, I've been Frosted! Thank you, Asiel and Pomtzu!

"That's the power of kittens (and puppies too, of course): They can reduce us to quivering masses of Jell-O in about two seconds flat and make us like it. Good thing they don't have opposable thumbs or they'd surely have taken over the world by now." -- Paul Lukas

Cassie's Catster page: http://www.catster.com/cats/448678

Quote Originally Posted by cassiesmom View Post
    About once a week I get a spam e-mail offering help for erectile dysfunction. I admit I have problems, but erectile dysfunction isn't one of them.
    Erectile dysfunction can be 'cured' by standing with your shoulders back?