KING GEORGE, VA (DC area): (msg. 6) Animal Control Update -CATS, Aug. 11-2013 -SO MANY STILL COMING IN ALL THE TIME
URGENT – ALL AVAILABLE CATS ARE STILL AT RISK!!! WE HAVE SOME GREAT MOUSERS TOO THAT NEED GOOD BARN HOMES - IF YOU CAN HELP SAVE ANY – PLEASE LET US KNOW ASAP!!!
Total of 22 Cats/Kittens
As of June 23, 2013, there are 28 cats/kittens available at the King George Animal Control (KGAC). If you can rescue any of these cats, please call the shelter at 540-775-2120. The King George Animal Rescue League (KGARL) is able to help transport animals if you are a rescue group and have your paperwork on file at the KGAC (see #3 below for details). Reasonable transport may be provided upon request, but very long distance transports (more than 70 miles) will be your responsibility. KGAC will waive pull fees for 501(c)(3) rescue organizations, and KGARL will help with vaccinations, and transports (~70 miles). Please pass these photos and info onto rescue organizations that you may know who could save them. When doing so, please pass on all information included in this email, including the rules for adopting/pulling from KGAC. PLEASE CIRCULATE!
If you need to know more about any of these animals, please contact Brandi Janezeck at [email protected].
The KGAC facility is located at 11377 Citizens’ Way, King George, VA 22485. KGAC is open 10:00-4:30 Monday thru Friday; 10:00-1:00 Saturday; closed Holidays and Sundays. All pulls must occur during these times.
Please know that KGAC http://www.petfinder.com/shelters/VA53.html has rules for adoption which are outlined in the following paragraphs. If you are building a separate webpage with photos that are contained within this email, please ensure that potential adopters are aware of these KGAC guidelines.
KING GEORGE ANIMAL CONTROL:
(1) Unsterilized animals may only be adopted by residents within King George, Westmoreland, Essex, Caroline, Spotsylvania, or Stafford Counties, and the city of Fredericksburg. Animals previously sterilized may be adopted by anyone. Residents of King George have first option on available animals, over other individuals & organizations. Other eligible adopters may adopt available animals on a first come, first serve basis. Animals may be transferred to other Agencies & Certified Companion Animal Rescue Groups per state law. (SEE http://law.justia.com/virginia/codes....1-796.96.html) SECTION C,1 FOR VA AGENCIES AND SECTION C, 5 FOR NON-VA AGENCIES. Please read all of the requirements before calling us. INCLUDE YOUR 501(C)(3) CERTIFICATION & ONLY MAIL/FAX THE REQUIRED INFO THAT WE NEED TO APPROVE YOUR AGENCY. THERE WILL BE NO FEE FOR ANIMALS THAT ARE TRANSFERED ON THE SAME DAY THAT THEY ARE AVAILABLE, BUT THERE WILL BE A $10.00 FEE FOR EACH ANIMAL TRANSFERED AFTER ITS AVAILABLE DATE.
(2) If you are an individual (not representing a Certified Companion Animal Rescue Group) interested in adopting an "Unsterilized" dog or cat, and you do not reside in one of above mentioned Virginia counties, you will need to contact a qualified 501(c)(3) organization to adopt the animal for you. KGARL is not able to adopt animals for individuals at this time.
(3) Those certified organizations that express interest in dogs and cats, if you have not already done so, please ensure the correct documentation is on file with the KGAC so that you may pull animals. KGAC will require the following required documents to be faxed (540-775-5770) to them as per Virginia standards: (a) the rescue’s 501(c)(3) determination letter, (b) the rescue’s "No Cruelty Disclosure" statement. The "No Cruelty Disclosure" statement must be on the rescue organization's official letterhead and signed by a head officer of their organization. In the "No Cruelty Disclosure" statement, add some words to the effect that no one in the organization has been convicted of animal cruelty, neglect, and abandonment. It must include all three words. (c) A letter stating that all animals will be spayed or neutered, and that the rescue’s organization abides by all rules of Virginia, as well as the rescue’s own state if applicable, and that the rescue keeps records in accordance with KGAC policies and procedures. After you have faxed your documentation, please contact the shelter to confirm that your documentation has been approved. Once your documentation is on file at KGAC, you are eligible to adopt dogs, cats, and other animals. Please do not send your paperwork to King George Animal Rescue League (KGARL). Please fax ONLY the required paperwork to King George Animal Control (KGAC) at 540-775-5770.
(4) KGAC works on a first-come, first-served basis for all rescues/adoptions. They will not hold an animal for any individual or rescue group.
(5) Please note that the KGARL, is a non-profit group of volunteers that strives to help the animals at KGAC, which is a county shelter. However, KGARL is not affiliated with the KGAC and has no authority on animals at the shelter; the county Animal Control Officer has the final decision on all adoptions. I have not personally met many of these animals, and I rely on the information I receive from different volunteers which is all included in this email. Please refer to KGAC FAQ at www.kgarl.org, if you have more questions about the difference between KGARL and KGAC.
King George Animal Rescue League
Member at Large
The Top 4 Million Reasons to Spay & Neuter Pets
Were Killed in Shelters/Pounds Last Year!
Last edited by phesina; 08-12-2013 at 09:54 AM.
I meant," said Ipslore bitterly, "what is there in this world that truly makes living worthwhile?"
Death thought about it.
"Cats," he said eventually. "Cats are nice."
-- Terry Pratchett, Sourcery