Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast
Results 46 to 60 of 79

Thread: Post a pic of yourself and tell us about yourself

  1. #46
    Join Date
    Jun 2000
    Location
    Waltham, MA, USA
    Posts
    37,394
    But Kirsten, you look great! Especially considering the battles you have been experiencing with your own body, that would prematurely age most people, but you are looking fine!
    I've Been Frosted

  2. #47
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Location
    Delaware, USA - The First State/Diamond State - home of The Blue Hens
    Posts
    9,272
    You look great Kirsten - and you too, Johanna!!!

    Kirsten - just show me someone who hasn't aged in 13 years, and I'll show you who had the face lift!! I swear that I've aged 15 years in the last 6 or 7. I'm not one who ages gracefully - thus no current picture.
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    Wolfy ~ Fuzzbutt #3
    My little dog ~ a heartbeat at my feet

    Sparky the Fuzzbutt - PT's DOTD 8/3/2010
    RIP 2/28/1999~10/9/2012
    Myndi the Fuzzbutt - Mom's DOTD - Everyday
    RIP 1/24/1996~8/9/2013
    Ellie - Mom to the Fuzzbuttz

    To everything there is a season, and a time to every purpose under the heaven.
    Ecclesiastes 3:1
    The clock of life is wound but once and no man has the power
    To know just when the hands will stop - on what day, or what hour.
    Now is the only time you have, so live it with a will -
    Don't wait until tomorrow - the hands may then be still.
    ~~~~true author unknown~~~~

  3. #48
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Location
    The Adirondacks, NY
    Posts
    11,177
    Johanna, I actually don't think I have ever seen a photo of you! You look beautiful And Kirsten, you don't look a day over 30, you've aged beautifully, if at all!
    Mikey - [Pug/Beagle Mix] Chippewa - [DT Male Betta] Shawnee - [CT Betta] & 3 Pygmy Cory's and 2 Ghost Shrimp!
    "I always felt that when someone introduces you to the outdoors, you come to feel like you owe them something. ‘Cause what they really gave you is a lifetime of memories, and a lifestyle you’ll always love. Of course I suppose the best way to pay them back is to be that person for someone else. "

  4. #49
    Join Date
    Mar 2005
    Location
    trenton, new jersey
    Posts
    7,821
    I don't do pictures, anyone who dares point a camera at me does so at the risk of their life. But a little about me. I'm the paralegal in the state Office of Child Support Services and have been with the child support program for 31 years. I'm retiring in September with a plan well in place. I'll be doing legal research for animal welfare. Two of my friends established rescues so the three of us are going to join forces. While Danni and Fran run their rescues, I'll keep up on laws and regulations regarding animals, shelters, and rescues. Along with that, I'll keep up with pending animal legislation here in New Jersey. I love all animals and am owned by my kitty Groucho. He lets me live in the house. I also love music and spend a lot of time under my headphones. My favorites are music from the 50's; Celtic Renaissance; just about anything by Peter, Paul, and Mary; country; and the 60's. I love the mountains and get up to see my cousin in the Catskills every chance I get. Then there are the old movies with such greats as Humphry Bogart, the Marx Brothers, James Cagney, Bette Davis, Alfred Hitchcock - that whole era. I also love to cook when I have the time. My interests are astronomy, environmental issues, politics, court cases in the news, history, and literature. If I could do anything I want regardless of cost - I'd buy a couple hundred acres in the Catskills, keep maybe 5 acres to build my dream log cabin house then have the rest designated as a wild life refuge. You can go in the refuge on foot or horseback only. The only changes to the refuge will be those the animals make themselves. No hunting would be very strictly enforced.

    I love Pet Talk! Computers and I have a "hate you, hate you more" relationship. This is the only computer place I ever come to. Everyone, be well!
    FIND A PURPOSE IN LIFE.....BE A BAD EXAMPLE

  5. #50
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Location
    Northern cyberspace
    Posts
    1,938
    Kirsten you look fantastic in your pictures. I don't have any pictures close enough of myself to post. Might be best that way-- I think you might be too young looking and would make me look older than I am...
    Asiel

    I've been frosted--- thank you Cassie'smom

    I've been Boo'd----

  6. #51
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Location
    St. Louis, Missouri
    Posts
    5,400
    Even though I don't post as much lately I do still pop by from time to time to check out threads... I've been a member here for I can't remember how long now, figured I would join in as well...



    Me with my cousin, my new baby niece!!!, and my cousin's two puppies! I mean, seriously, how much cute could you possibly squeeze in to one picture?

    I am an RVT working at a small animal clinic near St. Louis, MO. I keep myself VERY busy between a full time job and pet sitting in what little free time I manage to find. I am owned by one Aussie (Jamie), two kitties (Voltron and Espeon), and two Sugar Gliders (Banjo and Kazooie).

    My boyfriend and I have been dating for 2 1/2 years now... as taboo as it is, we met nearly 13 years ago in an AOL chatroom but never met face-to-face until ~3 years ago... and the rest is history. He lived 13 hours away and we dated long-distance for a few months before he had the opportunity to freelance (he is a graphic/web designer for New Balance) and he just packed up and moved up here to be with me. We are even closing on a house in 3 days!!! So lots of excitement happening for us... and possibly a new addition once the dust settles (of the furry or scaly, 4-legged kind!!!).

    I'm also into anime/manga... a recent favorite being Bleach... but Gundam Wing has always been a love of mine. I don't consider myself a gamer of sorts either but I do love to play some RPGs; played World of Warcraft for probably close to 6 years before I stopped playing... and of course I play pretty much any Zelda, Mario, and Pokemon game in existence... but my recent addiction is Animal Crossing: New Leaf.

    I love, love, love, love Tortoises... I've owned Red Eared Sliders, "Box Turtles", and Russians in the past... Not so much a fan of anything that needs to live in an aquarium, though... loved my Russian but lost him in my divorce (my ex took nearly all of our pets we had...). Looking into possibly adding a Red Foot once the tornado from moving passes by.

    facebook

  7. #52
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Location
    At university in Hertfordshire, UK
    Posts
    4,945
    It's been ages since I've seen one of these threads - everyone is looking great!

    I'm Zara, I'm 21 and I'm studying veterinary medicine at the Royal Veterinary College at the University of London. I originally hail from Lancashire in the north-west of England and have a slight northern accent, although 3 years living in the south is starting to take its toll! I recently gained a first class honours BSc in bioveterinary sciences and preclinical veterinary medicine, and have 3 more years of clinical studies left until I (hopefully) make it as a qualified vet.

    I don't have any pets of my own due to my current student living arrangements, although as this is about to change soon as I'm moving to a more permanent location. In the past I've had cats and all manner of small furries!

    My hobbies include horse-riding, debating, sketching and travelling, and have recently got back from a trip to Zimbabwe in which I worked with wildlife as a vet student. Friends would describe me as academic, a little outspoken and very loyal. I admittedly take a while to fully trust people, but when I do, we have a lot of fun! My friends and I take a lot of photos, and I generally put up with me looking rather ridiculous in them.


















    Zimbabwe 07/13


  8. #53
    Join Date
    Jul 2013
    Location
    North Carolina, USA
    Posts
    37
    Quote Originally Posted by Miss Z View Post
    It's been ages since I've seen one of these threads - everyone is looking great!

    I'm Zara, I'm 21 and I'm studying veterinary medicine at the Royal Veterinary College at the University of London. I originally hail from Lancashire in the north-west of England and have a slight northern accent, although 3 years living in the south is starting to take its toll! I recently gained a first class honours BSc in bioveterinary sciences and preclinical veterinary medicine, and have 3 more years of clinical studies left until I (hopefully) make it as a qualified vet.

    I don't have any pets of my own due to my current student living arrangements, although as this is about to change soon as I'm moving to a more permanent location. In the past I've had cats and all manner of small furries!

    My hobbies include horse-riding, debating, sketching and travelling, and have recently got back from a trip to Zimbabwe in which I worked with wildlife as a vet student. Friends would describe me as academic, a little outspoken and very loyal. I admittedly take a while to fully trust people, but when I do, we have a lot of fun! My friends and I take a lot of photos, and I generally put up with me looking rather ridiculous in them.
    That's so awesome that you got to go to Zimbabwe! I don't get to travel much, especially out of country, I only left the USA once, and that was last year, to Costa Rica. But, hopefully that will change as I begin my studies. You don't look ridiculous, you look like you're having a good time! I wish my hair was as cooperative as yours. lol

  9. #54
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Location
    North Carolina, USA
    Posts
    3,377
    July 24 2013
    Hello,
    I just read the entire thread and enjoyed reading about all of you and seeing photos too.

    I'm Kay and I live in central NC & have 3 pets as seen below plus 3 goats not shown. I retired several years ago after working 30 years as a secretary/accounting person. I live in the country and love it and have never lived in the city. I met my fiance late in life and we enjoy our pets as seen below. Other hobbies include the computer, tv, and movies, and being outside, especially walking and sitting at the pond watching and feeding the fish. I didn't know much about computers until 2005 (still don't know a lot) when I hired someone to order one for me and then teach me how to use it. It's great... until it breaks .

    I note many of you told your height. I'm like another of you who said she used to be 5'2" and is now 5'...me too. I was going to be brave and post a photo of me but my computer is not willing to post photos these days at this site. If I ever get the problem fixed, I'll post one. Just want to say how much I enjoy this pet site.

  10. #55
    Join Date
    Jun 2005
    Location
    Knoxville, TN
    Posts
    9,563
    Quote Originally Posted by kaycountrygal View Post
    July 24 2013
    Hello,
    I just read the entire thread and enjoyed reading about all of you and seeing photos too.

    I'm Kay and I live in central NC & have 3 pets as seen below plus 3 goats not shown. I retired several years ago after working 30 years as a secretary/accounting person. I live in the country and love it and have never lived in the city. I met my fiance late in life and we enjoy our pets as seen below. Other hobbies include the computer, tv, and movies, and being outside, especially walking and sitting at the pond watching and feeding the fish. I didn't know much about computers until 2005 (still don't know a lot) when I hired someone to order one for me and then teach me how to use it. It's great... until it breaks .

    I note many of you told your height. I'm like another of you who said she used to be 5'2" and is now 5'...me too. I was going to be brave and post a photo of me but my computer is not willing to post photos these days at this site. If I ever get the problem fixed, I'll post one. Just want to say how much I enjoy this pet site.
    Kay, have you tried uploading your pictures at photobucket or another image hosting site and tried to post them?
    ♥Bri [HUMAN]♥
    ♥Lily [POMERANIAN], Brennan [APBT], Bailey [APBT/HOUND MIX]♥
    ♥Tallulah[CALICO], Domino [TUXIE]♥
    ♥Peach [RAT], Pepper [RAT], Phoebe [RAT], and PipSqueak [RAT]
    ♥Salvatore [BETTA]♥


    “Dream what you want to dream; go where you want to go; be what you want to be,
    because you have only one life and one chance to do all the things you want to do.”


    In Loving Memory <3
    Roxy Lily Brennan
    Facebook TigerLily Photography

  11. #56
    It's so nice to see pics of you all. I don't think I knew what any of you looked like before now

    here is my photo... it's actually my Before and After photo on facebook lol.

    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	425320_10151674542401125_1998271111_n.jpg 
Views:	119 
Size:	96.4 KB 
ID:	56833

    My name is Tanya and I am originally from London, Ontario, Canada but have been living in Lancaster PA for the last 7 years. I am a stay at home, homeschooling mom to Hannah who is almost 6 years old now (CRAZINESS) and I work very part time as a teachers assistant for a preschool two mornings a week which Hannah gets to attend with me. We still have our two dogs, Beezer and Belle.

    In the photo you see I've lost a lot of weight. I was nearly 300 lbs in the first photo and after a health scare (which turned out to be just a panic attack but was enough to set me straight) I set on a mission to lose weight and be healthy. I started with just diet changes... portion control, eating healthier, etc. Since January I have joined Beachbody and have two wonderful coaches who help push me along and keep me motivated. One is a dear friend from our church who is also on a journey to being healthier and the other is our "headmaster" and he is a wonderful motivator and very knowledgeable and encouraging. I started going to fit club once a week and since then I brought my workouts home and workout there 6 days a week. I've completed three different workout programs and have the T shirts to prove it LOL and I am working on #4 which is Focus T25... VERY tough and very intense. I've run a few 5k's since January. I've lost over 100 lbs... down to about 185 and I still have some more work to do but I'm focused and driven to be the healthiest me I can be. My husband of 8 years this august has joined me in this journey to health and we are pushing each other along.

    So between being healthier, homeschooling and keeping up after Hannah my days are pretty busy




    R.I.P my dear Sweet Teddy. You will be missed forever. We love you.

    http://www.hannahshands.etsy.com

  12. #57
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Location
    The Adirondacks, NY
    Posts
    11,177
    Too soften the blow of how disgusting I look in this photo I made it smaller. My chins are showing :P But I thought it was too cool not to post! It's me holding a Tegu yesterday at the County Fair! I almost look as fat as him LOL. I had just done a little research on them for a future class *project* and I was actually surprised to have met one haha!
    Attached Images Attached Images  
    Mikey - [Pug/Beagle Mix] Chippewa - [DT Male Betta] Shawnee - [CT Betta] & 3 Pygmy Cory's and 2 Ghost Shrimp!
    "I always felt that when someone introduces you to the outdoors, you come to feel like you owe them something. ‘Cause what they really gave you is a lifetime of memories, and a lifestyle you’ll always love. Of course I suppose the best way to pay them back is to be that person for someone else. "

  13. #58
    Join Date
    Jun 2000
    Location
    Waltham, MA, USA
    Posts
    37,394
    Quote Originally Posted by Alysser View Post
    Too soften the blow of how disgusting I look in this photo I made it smaller. My chins are showing :P But I thought it was too cool not to post! It's me holding a Tegu yesterday at the County Fair! I almost look as fat as him LOL. I had just done a little research on them for a future class *project* and I was actually surprised to have met one haha!
    You don't look disgusting - you look delighted!
    I've Been Frosted

  14. #59
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Location
    Oklahoma
    Posts
    1,752
    Quote Originally Posted by Alysser View Post
    Too soften the blow of how disgusting I look in this photo I made it smaller. My chins are showing :P But I thought it was too cool not to post! It's me holding a Tegu yesterday at the County Fair! I almost look as fat as him LOL. I had just done a little research on them for a future class *project* and I was actually surprised to have met one haha!
    Alyssa, first off, you don't look fat in the slightest bit! I am far too familiar with the dreaded double chin, and I'm 113 lbs. Its a curse.
    Second off, thanks for holding my dream lizard for me, you can now deliver him to my house.
    The Minions:
    {The Dog: Towser & Raiden} {The Cats: Khaith, Martha, Adelaide, Snowball, & Floki} {The Bird: Gir}

  15. #60
    Join Date
    Jun 2005
    Location
    Knoxville, TN
    Posts
    9,563
    Quote Originally Posted by sparks19 View Post
    It's so nice to see pics of you all. I don't think I knew what any of you looked like before now

    here is my photo... it's actually my Before and After photo on facebook lol.

    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	425320_10151674542401125_1998271111_n.jpg 
Views:	119 
Size:	96.4 KB 
ID:	56833

    My name is Tanya and I am originally from London, Ontario, Canada but have been living in Lancaster PA for the last 7 years. I am a stay at home, homeschooling mom to Hannah who is almost 6 years old now (CRAZINESS) and I work very part time as a teachers assistant for a preschool two mornings a week which Hannah gets to attend with me. We still have our two dogs, Beezer and Belle.

    In the photo you see I've lost a lot of weight. I was nearly 300 lbs in the first photo and after a health scare (which turned out to be just a panic attack but was enough to set me straight) I set on a mission to lose weight and be healthy. I started with just diet changes... portion control, eating healthier, etc. Since January I have joined Beachbody and have two wonderful coaches who help push me along and keep me motivated. One is a dear friend from our church who is also on a journey to being healthier and the other is our "headmaster" and he is a wonderful motivator and very knowledgeable and encouraging. I started going to fit club once a week and since then I brought my workouts home and workout there 6 days a week. I've completed three different workout programs and have the T shirts to prove it LOL and I am working on #4 which is Focus T25... VERY tough and very intense. I've run a few 5k's since January. I've lost over 100 lbs... down to about 185 and I still have some more work to do but I'm focused and driven to be the healthiest me I can be. My husband of 8 years this august has joined me in this journey to health and we are pushing each other along.

    So between being healthier, homeschooling and keeping up after Hannah my days are pretty busy
    You look amazing and I can't believe Hannah is 6!

    Quote Originally Posted by Alysser View Post
    Too soften the blow of how disgusting I look in this photo I made it smaller. My chins are showing :P But I thought it was too cool not to post! It's me holding a Tegu yesterday at the County Fair! I almost look as fat as him LOL. I had just done a little research on them for a future class *project* and I was actually surprised to have met one haha!
    Alyssa, you don't look disgusting! I am so jealous of your job haha.
    ♥Bri [HUMAN]♥
    ♥Lily [POMERANIAN], Brennan [APBT], Bailey [APBT/HOUND MIX]♥
    ♥Tallulah[CALICO], Domino [TUXIE]♥
    ♥Peach [RAT], Pepper [RAT], Phoebe [RAT], and PipSqueak [RAT]
    ♥Salvatore [BETTA]♥


    “Dream what you want to dream; go where you want to go; be what you want to be,
    because you have only one life and one chance to do all the things you want to do.”


    In Loving Memory <3
    Roxy Lily Brennan
    Facebook TigerLily Photography

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

Copyright © 2001-2013 Pet of the Day.com