Results 1 to 14 of 14

Thread: #535, Beach Trip Thursday.

  1. #1
    Join Date
    Sep 2002
    Location
    Kentucky, LAND OF THE EASILY AMUSED
    Posts
    24,899

    #535, Beach Trip Thursday.

    Time to pack up the stuff and go to the beach.
    Name:  13533845-a-view-of-a-wedding-tent-on-a-beach-in-maldives.jpg
Views: 68
Size:  22.9 KB

    A day on the warm sand with a cool breeze is what is called for.

    --------

    I just have to forget the storms that are braeking out all over the place.

    How's about some salami sandwiches - olives, pickles, onions on a hard roll with a spicy mustard, mayo or oil and vinegar.........some sliced fruit on the side and rum punch?

    We'll do a seafood bake when the sun goes down and finish it off with a S'more?

    Done!
    Last edited by RICHARD; 05-30-2013 at 01:15 PM. Reason: speelling :0

  2. #2
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Location
    Illinois, USA
    Posts
    25,406
    Oh boy, I am hoping for a trip to the beach in Indiana or Michigan later this year. Today would be a good day to fly a kite on the beach, because it's super windy. I'll pass on the rum punch for now, but I've made iced tea if anyone would like some w ith me.
    I've been Boo'd ... right off the stage!

    Aaahh, I have been defrosted! Thank you, Bonny and Asiel!
    Brrrr, I've been Frosted! Thank you, Asiel and Pomtzu!


    "That's the power of kittens (and puppies too, of course): They can reduce us to quivering masses of Jell-O in about two seconds flat and make us like it. Good thing they don't have opposable thumbs or they'd surely have taken over the world by now." -- Paul Lukas

    Cassie's Catster page: http://www.catster.com/cats/448678

  3. #3
    Join Date
    Aug 2004
    Location
    Calgary, Alberta, Canada
    Posts
    4,463
    I'll have an iced tea, please and thank you. It's raining here today. Wishing I was on the beach, sun shining, palm trees rustling in the breeze......
    Gayle - self proclaimed Queen of Poop
    Mommy to: Cali and Diego (six year old kittens)
    (RB furbabies: Rascal RB 10/11/03 (ferret), Sami RB 24/02/04 (dog), Trouble RB 10/08/05 (ferret), Miko RB 20/01/06 (ferret) and Sebastian RB 12/12/06(ferret), Sasha RB 17/10/09 (border collie cross)

  4. #4
    Welll, being that I just spent the bulk of the afternoon filing and wading through VA paperwork, I'll join you on the beach.

    My former commander has a whiteboard in his office with "Where's your happy place" written at the top. His illustration of his happy place was a palm shaded beach.

    I'll have one o' them sammiches with everything, please, and did someone bring the seement mixer for the slushies?
    The one eyed man in the kingdom of the blind wasn't king, he was stoned for seeing light.

  5. #5
    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Location
    Ellicott City MD
    Posts
    5,720
    Six weeks to Negril, Jamaica!
    I'll practice with a frozen rum drink, please, with some of that fresh seafood!

    http://www.telegraph.co.uk/travel/be...h-Jamaica.html
    http://bestsmileys.com/cats1/4.gif

    LET'S GO O' S!!

  6. #6
    Join Date
    Sep 2002
    Location
    Kentucky, LAND OF THE EASILY AMUSED
    Posts
    24,899
    Quote Originally Posted by Pinot's Mom View Post
    Six weeks to Negril, Jamaica!
    I'll practice with a frozen rum drink, please, with some of that fresh seafood!

    http://www.telegraph.co.uk/travel/be...h-Jamaica.html
    One frozen rum punch and a seafood platter!
    Done!

    LH,

    An everything sandwich and a ceement mixt slushie!

    Done!

    QoP,

    Ice tea and hot sand?
    DONE!

    CM,
    A long kite line and an Ice Tea!

    DONE!

  7. #7
    Join Date
    Jun 2000
    Location
    Waltham, MA, USA
    Posts
    37,123
    Hot here, and sunny - a breezy beach would be nice, but I burn so badly, I'd have to pack my 100spf sunscreen! And not forget my forehead - I tend to count on my bangs to shade my forehead, but any wind and they are blown back!

    Watermelon!
    I've Been Frosted

  8. #8
    Join Date
    Sep 2002
    Location
    Kentucky, LAND OF THE EASILY AMUSED
    Posts
    24,899
    Quote Originally Posted by Karen View Post
    Hot here, and sunny - a breezy beach would be nice, but I burn so badly, I'd have to pack my 100spf sunscreen! And not forget my forehead - I tend to count on my bangs to shade my forehead, but any wind and they are blown back!

    Watermelon!
    I bought a seedless model a few days ago and it's pretty good.

    Watermelons make me think of my dad.

    He'd always take the end off, it make a great bowl, then squeeze some lemon or lime on it, a pinch of salt, a spoon and a seat on the back stoop and go for it!!

    --------------

    I think the Super Giant Beach Umbrella and Cyber Sun, will let you enjoy the day............but you'll have to reapply the sunscreen after a swim and wait at least 30 minutes after eating before your dip!

    DONE!
    The secret of life is nothing at all
    -faith hill

    Dang Oakland Raiders..

    No humans were hurt during the posting of this message.

  9. #9
    Join Date
    Jun 2000
    Location
    Waltham, MA, USA
    Posts
    37,123
    Quote Originally Posted by RICHARD View Post
    I bought a seedless model a few days ago and it's pretty good.

    Watermelons make me think of my dad.

    He'd always take the end off, it make a great bowl, then squeeze some lemon or lime on it, a pinch of salt, a spoon and a seat on the back stoop and go for it!!

    --------------

    I think the Super Giant Beach Umbrella and Cyber Sun, will let you enjoy the day............but you'll have to reapply the sunscreen after a swim and wait at least 30 minutes after eating before your dip!

    DONE!

    I always wonder how they grow seedless watermelons - except for the fact that there are often a few seeds in one, but are they hybrids that wouldn't grow true if you planted one, I wonder! And how does one have seed-spitting contests with a seedless melon?
    I've Been Frosted

  10. #10
    Join Date
    Sep 2002
    Location
    Kentucky, LAND OF THE EASILY AMUSED
    Posts
    24,899
    Quote Originally Posted by Karen View Post
    I always wonder how they grow seedless watermelons - except for the fact that there are often a few seeds in one, but are they hybrids that wouldn't grow true if you planted one, I wonder! And how does one have seed-spitting contests with a seedless melon?
    I think it turns into a 'juice dribbling' competition?

    I have half a WM in the fridge, time to turn it into a fruit salad.

    I am taking suggestions for the ingredients.

  11. #11
    Grapes, blueberries, strawberries, kiwis (the fruit, not the bird!!!), bananas and OJ (to keep the bananas from turning to brown mush)
    The one eyed man in the kingdom of the blind wasn't king, he was stoned for seeing light.

  12. #12
    Join Date
    Sep 2002
    Location
    Kentucky, LAND OF THE EASILY AMUSED
    Posts
    24,899
    Quote Originally Posted by Lady's Human View Post
    Grapes, blueberries, strawberries, kiwis (the fruit, not the bird!!!), bananas and OJ (to keep the bananas from turning to brown mush)
    Done!

    ------------

    I think some hot dogs or brats - yes I know what they are made of - sound good too!

    Mustard potato salad?
    The secret of life is nothing at all
    -faith hill

    Dang Oakland Raiders..

    No humans were hurt during the posting of this message.

  13. #13
    Quote Originally Posted by RICHARD View Post
    Done!

    ------------

    I think some hot dogs or brats - yes I know what they are made of - sound good too!

    Mustard potato salad?
    Funny, we just tossed a batch of 'tater salad in the fridge. Dogs and Brats sound good, too, along with some cold beer.
    The one eyed man in the kingdom of the blind wasn't king, he was stoned for seeing light.

  14. #14
    Join Date
    Sep 2002
    Location
    Kentucky, LAND OF THE EASILY AMUSED
    Posts
    24,899
    Quote Originally Posted by Lady's Human View Post
    Funny, we just tossed a batch of 'tater salad in the fridge. Dogs and Brats sound good, too, along with some cold beer.
    I couldn't help it, I was walking by the window and happened to look in...


    Some cold beer?

    Done!

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

Copyright © 2001-2013 Pet of the Day.com