Thread: Lays Potato Chips Being Sold On E-bay

Hybrid View

Lays Potato Chips Being Sold On E-bay

I went grocery shopping tonight around 10pm. It was nice because there weren't very many people. When I was walking down the snacks & chips isle a woman wanted to share some good news with me. She was so excited because she just found 1 bag of Lays Chicken & Waffles potato chips. She said that of the 3 newest flavors that this one is the best and they're very hard to find. She also said that e-bay is selling them for $30 a bag. A friend of hers was ready to buy a bag on e-bay. I've never been a big potato chip fan and I certainly would never pay $30 a bag for any flavor. Have any of you ever tried them? Are they really that good? I looked them up on e-bay and here's what I found: http://www.ebay.com/sch/i.html?_trks...at=0&_from=R40.
    Owned by Sky, Pearl, Ziggy Stardust, Alani, Blaze, Colby, Finnegan, and Summer.

My Rainbow Bridge Babies:
    RB Pepper 3/17/97- 2/3/03 RIP Sweet Pepper
    RB Starr 3/22/05- 7/1/09 RIP Sweet Starr
    RB Sunny 8/25/00- 2/28/10 RIP Sweet Sunny
    RB Storm 1/11/96- 8/2/12 RIP Sweet Storm
    RB Sky 6/7/02- 9/5/15 RIP Sweet Sky

I never heard of that flavor of chips, but I can assure you that I would have to be starving to death before I'd pay that for a bag of chips. I guess some people just have more money than brains!
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    Wolfy ~ Fuzzbutt #3
    My little dog ~ a heartbeat at my feet

Sparky the Fuzzbutt - PT's DOTD 8/3/2010
    RIP 2/28/1999~10/9/2012
    Myndi the Fuzzbutt - Mom's DOTD - Everyday
    RIP 1/24/1996~8/9/2013
    Ellie - Mom to the Fuzzbuttz

To everything there is a season, and a time to every purpose under the heaven.
    Ecclesiastes 3:1
    The clock of life is wound but once and no man has the power
    To know just when the hands will stop - on what day, or what hour.
    Now is the only time you have, so live it with a will -
    Don't wait until tomorrow - the hands may then be still.
    ~~~~true author unknown~~~~

One person wrote on Amazon

"Charging $18 (or $22 on the website!) for one bag of chips that you're intentionally under-producing and advertising constantly is completely reprehensible. These are shameful business practices,Frito-lay. "

I totally agree with him/her. Even if they are super yummy (which I wouldn't know as I'm a Brit) I would never, ever, pay those prices.

It's not Lay's who are creating the price jumps, it's individual sellers. In the grocery store they're still the same price.

I have heard of the new flavors, including that one, and they are part of a campaign to find the 'new flavor' of chips. I would think they were limited editions as they are just out long enough to find which one is the most popular of the three. It's not wrong; it's marketing. It's not shameful, no one is being deprived of a necessary food source, THEY'RE POTATO CHIPS!!!

I, myself, would never buy the flavor. Give me plain, barbecued, crab seasoned, and occasionally sour cream & onion flavored. That's as adventurous as I go...and I'm not paying over market price for any of them.
    http://bestsmileys.com/cats1/4.gif

​GO RAVENS!!

A girl I work with paid a pretty penny on ebay for Hershey Kisses, the candy cane ones, last year long after Christmas was over.
    I like them too and stock up but hey, when Christmas is over, move on to Easter candy!

Forever in my heart...
    Casey.Ginger.Corey.Mandy.Sassy.Lacey.Angel.Missy