Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
Results 16 to 30 of 35

Thread: Marshmallow Peep Shortage???

  1. #16
    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Location
    Ellicott City MD
    Posts
    5,722
    I got 4 correct, not good. I love Peeps - and bought the bunnies as soon as they came out for a girl in the office. She went crazy - hadn't seen them yet.

    I saw a recipe recently that included chocolate mousse peeps - I think the quiz was out of date!!
    [SIGPIC]http://bestsmileys.com/cats1/4.gif[/SIGP]

    ​GO RAVENS!!

  2. #17
    Join Date
    Mar 2004
    Location
    Ohio
    Posts
    22,800
    Six out of ten right! I think I'll go eat a peep.

    Forever in my heart...Casey,Ginger,Corey,Mandy,Sassy,Lacey
    ~Merry Christmas~
    *I've been Frosted*

  3. #18
    Join Date
    Aug 2002
    Location
    Iowa
    Posts
    5,793
    I got 5 right.
    Nancy



    All things work together for good to them that love God.
    (Romans 8:28)

    I've been defrosted-- Thanks, Sana

  4. #19
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Location
    Delaware, USA - The First State/Diamond State - home of The Blue Hens
    Posts
    9,259
    Quote Originally Posted by chocolatepuppy View Post
    Six out of ten right! I think I'll go eat a peep.
    It's rather cloudy and gloomy with a chill in the air today - not nice Easter weather at all.

    Think I'll make a cup of hot chocolate and float a Peep on top!
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    Wolfy ~ Fuzzbutt #3
    My little dog ~ a heartbeat at my feet

    Sparky the Fuzzbutt - PT's DOTD 8/3/2010
    RIP 2/28/1999~10/9/2012
    Myndi the Fuzzbutt - Mom's DOTD - Everyday
    RIP 1/24/1996~8/9/2013
    Ellie - Mom to the Fuzzbuttz

    To everything there is a season, and a time to every purpose under the heaven.
    Ecclesiastes 3:1
    The clock of life is wound but once and no man has the power
    To know just when the hands will stop - on what day, or what hour.
    Now is the only time you have, so live it with a will -
    Don't wait until tomorrow - the hands may then be still.
    ~~~~true author unknown~~~~

  5. #20
    Join Date
    Mar 2004
    Location
    Ohio
    Posts
    22,800

    Forever in my heart...Casey,Ginger,Corey,Mandy,Sassy,Lacey
    ~Merry Christmas~
    *I've been Frosted*

  6. #21
    Join Date
    Mar 2004
    Location
    Ohio
    Posts
    22,800
    Quote Originally Posted by pomtzu View Post
    It's rather cloudy and gloomy with a chill in the air today - not nice Easter weather at all.

    Think I'll make a cup of hot chocolate and float a Peep on top!
    Gloomy, rainy and cool here too. That sounds like a good way to enjoy a peep, in hot chocolate!

    Forever in my heart...Casey,Ginger,Corey,Mandy,Sassy,Lacey
    ~Merry Christmas~
    *I've been Frosted*

  7. #22
    Join Date
    Feb 2002
    Location
    Kansas, USA
    Posts
    20,740
    Peeps sell out fast here in our Walmart. You need to grab them when you see them in you want them.
    No matter what anyone does, someone some where will be offended some how!!!!
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    MY BLESSINGS:
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    Grandma (RB), Chester, Angel, Chip

    Leonardo (RB), Luke (RB), Winnie, Chuck,

    Frankie

    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    WHERE YOU ARE IS WHERE YOU ARE SUPPOSED TO BE!!!
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

  8. #23
    Join Date
    Oct 2000
    Location
    Los Angeles, CA USA
    Posts
    12,031
    If Peter Piper picked a peck of peeps - how many peeps would Peter Piper pick?

    Are you ageing your Peeps properly? They are not to be eaten until they are just right - and it takes a week or so.

  9. #24
    Join Date
    Dec 2002
    Location
    My life is God filtered :)
    Posts
    14,047
    Quote Originally Posted by gini View Post
    If Peter Piper picked a peck of peeps - how many peeps would Peter Piper pick?

    Are you ageing your Peeps properly? They are not to be eaten until they are just right - and it takes a week or so.
    LOLOLOL, when I read this thread this morning I was wondering how long it would take for you to reply. **note to self** Never again watch the destruction of a peep in the microwave.
    Life should NOT be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in an attractive and well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, champagne in one hand and strawberries in the other, body thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and screaming WOO HOO - What a Ride!
    --unknown

    Sometimes the most real things in the world are the things we can't see
    --Polar Express

    Until one has loved an animal, part of their soul remains unawakened.




  10. #25
    They absolutely have to be properly aged. I have 4 boxes sitting in the cupboard aging as we speak!
    The one eyed man in the kingdom of the blind wasn't king, he was stoned for seeing light.

  11. #26
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Location
    Just north of Memphis TN, USA
    Posts
    1,450
    plenty of Peeps around here, including sugar free chicks

  12. #27
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Location
    Delaware, USA - The First State/Diamond State - home of The Blue Hens
    Posts
    9,259
    Quote Originally Posted by slick View Post
    Never again watch the destruction of a peep in the microwave.
    I have never watched, or participated in, the nuking of a Peep. Wouldn't this fall under some cruelty/abuse law or act???

    And would a fresh Peep destruct faster than a stale Peep? - or a bunny Peep faster than a chick Peep? Inquiring minds want to know. Maybe I should experiment with this when no one is at home. I wouldn't want the family to witness this and report me to the SPCP.
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    Wolfy ~ Fuzzbutt #3
    My little dog ~ a heartbeat at my feet

    Sparky the Fuzzbutt - PT's DOTD 8/3/2010
    RIP 2/28/1999~10/9/2012
    Myndi the Fuzzbutt - Mom's DOTD - Everyday
    RIP 1/24/1996~8/9/2013
    Ellie - Mom to the Fuzzbuttz

    To everything there is a season, and a time to every purpose under the heaven.
    Ecclesiastes 3:1
    The clock of life is wound but once and no man has the power
    To know just when the hands will stop - on what day, or what hour.
    Now is the only time you have, so live it with a will -
    Don't wait until tomorrow - the hands may then be still.
    ~~~~true author unknown~~~~

  13. #28
    Join Date
    Mar 2004
    Location
    Ohio
    Posts
    22,800
    Quote Originally Posted by pomtzu View Post
    I have never watched, or participated in, the nuking of a Peep. Wouldn't this fall under some cruelty/abuse law or act???

    And would a fresh Peep destruct faster than a stale Peep? - or a bunny Peep faster than a chick Peep? Inquiring minds want to know. Maybe I should experiment with this when no one is at home. I wouldn't want the family to witness this and report me to the SPCP.
    Don't try it! It might be a mess to clean up! And yes, it should be considered abuse!!!

    Forever in my heart...Casey,Ginger,Corey,Mandy,Sassy,Lacey
    ~Merry Christmas~
    *I've been Frosted*

  14. #29
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Location
    Delaware, USA - The First State/Diamond State - home of The Blue Hens
    Posts
    9,259
    Quote Originally Posted by chocolatepuppy View Post
    Don't try it! It might be a mess to clean up! And yes, it should be considered abuse!!!

    Hmmm - I have an idea to minimize the "mess". Put the Peep on the turntable and set a clear glass bowl over the top of him (so that you can witness the process), and then nuke him. This might not give a true reading on the destruction time tho, since Peep will heat up faster with the bowl over him.

    Watcha think?????
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    Wolfy ~ Fuzzbutt #3
    My little dog ~ a heartbeat at my feet

    Sparky the Fuzzbutt - PT's DOTD 8/3/2010
    RIP 2/28/1999~10/9/2012
    Myndi the Fuzzbutt - Mom's DOTD - Everyday
    RIP 1/24/1996~8/9/2013
    Ellie - Mom to the Fuzzbuttz

    To everything there is a season, and a time to every purpose under the heaven.
    Ecclesiastes 3:1
    The clock of life is wound but once and no man has the power
    To know just when the hands will stop - on what day, or what hour.
    Now is the only time you have, so live it with a will -
    Don't wait until tomorrow - the hands may then be still.
    ~~~~true author unknown~~~~

  15. #30
    Join Date
    Mar 2004
    Location
    Ohio
    Posts
    22,800
    Quote Originally Posted by pomtzu View Post
    Hmmm - I have an idea to minimize the "mess". Put the Peep on the turntable and set a clear glass bowl over the top of him (so that you can witness the process), and then nuke him. This might not give a true reading on the destruction time tho, since Peep will heat up faster with the bowl over him.

    Watcha think?????
    Ok, try it. Better you than me!

    Forever in my heart...Casey,Ginger,Corey,Mandy,Sassy,Lacey
    ~Merry Christmas~
    *I've been Frosted*

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

Copyright © 2001-2013 Pet of the Day.com