Thread: Anyone want to learn Spanish?

Anyone want to learn Spanish?

A friend of mine is thinking of moving to Spain, his sister will for sure. Many Europeans do. Spanish is a language you can use a lot of places, at least the places I want to travel to. I have taken up to level six back in the 80ties but forgotten a lot, and I find it difficult to put sentences together, although I know a lot of vocabulary.

Well, if Trump is your next President, you may just forget about it. He'd get rid of all Mexicans, and most foreigners, if he could. He might even close schools who teach Spanish.

So, here's the link, it has beginners as well as intermediate etc. Enjoy!
    http://www.notesinspanish.com/catego...nners-podcast/
    Last edited by Randi; 04-18-2016 at 03:32 AM.

"I don't know which weapons will be used in the third World war, but in the fourth, it will be sticks and stones" --- Albert Einstein.

Quote Originally Posted by Randi View Post
    A friend of mine is thinking of moving to Spain, his sister will for sure. Many Europeans do. Spanish is a language you can use a lot of places, at least the places I want to travel to. I have taken up to level six back in the 80ties but forgotten a lot, and I find it difficult to put sentences together, although I know a lot of vocabulary.

Well, if Trump is your next President, you may just forget about it. He'll get rid of all Mexicans, and most foreigners, if he could. He might even close schools who teach Spanish.

So, here's the link, it has beginners as well as intermediate etc. Enjoy!
    http://www.notesinspanish.com/catego...nners-podcast/

Well what Trump may want will luckily not be easy for him to accomplish, plus I think he is blowing hot air. I would like to learn Spanish, in California it would be useful plus I would like to travel also, my daughter is fluent in Spanish and she traveled to central America for 6 months and used it a lot.
    don't breed or buy while shelter dogs die....

I have been frosted!

Thanks Kfamr for the signature!

Trump is hardly going to be able to get rid of "all the Mexicans," considering there are a whopping lot of them who are legal immigrants to the US, or natural born citizens of Mexican descent, as well as immigrants - legal and illegal - from many, many, Spanish speaking Central and South American countries. And Spain, too!

I know what I refer to as "Sesame Street Spanish - a few words, eyer and there - plus some extras learned, ironically, helping an Argentinian immigrant try to learn English!
    I've Been Frosted

Blog Entries
    I would love to learn Spanish, definately a great plan. My mother in law has been living in Mexico for over 10 yrs. and been trying to master it but so far, pretty lousy at it. Any chance to run down Trump and I am all over it so I am happy to say that I am sickened by the detestable little creep, not a kind word for his contemptable, sorry ass. Happy Sunday!

Ai dios mio, Que dicen de el hombre Trump - que quiere ser president?

The things I have to say about Trump I would be not allowed to write here, perhaps not even in the Doghouse. So, I'll bite my tongue.

What do you think of the lessons in the link?

"I don't know which weapons will be used in the third World war, but in the fourth, it will be sticks and stones" --- Albert Einstein.

The things I have to say about Trump I would be not allowed to write here, perhaps not even in the Doghouse. So, I'll bite my tongue.

What do you think of the lessons in the link?
    I didn't open the links.

I learned the "Mexican" Spanish, the Spanish Spanish is more proper and closer to the way they speak espanol in Europe/Spain.

Quite a bit is the same, there are other words and phrasing that are quite different.

Hillary Clinton vendeo sillas en la mesa de una sena por 350,000 dollares cada uno el Sabado pasado.., No tiene verguenza.

I find it easier to understand people from S. America than from Spain. I don't know enough to tell if words and phrasing are different, though.

The two past tenses has me confused!

What's that about Hillary selling chairs? Es un timo! or Que timo! I learned another new sentence... Lo que me faltaba and Me da algo.

I find it easier to understand people from S. America than from Spain. I don't know enough to tell if words and phrasing are different, though.

The two past tenses has me confused!

What's that about Hillary selling chairs? Es un timo! or Que timo! I learned another new sentence... Lo que me faltaba and Me da algo.

One of the funnier 'phrases' in Spanish isn't the term - it's the way it's used.

A woman that worked with me would answer the phone with "Digame", which translates to "Tell me".

To me, that sounded abrupt and curt. I was raised to use the "Buenos dias, le puedo ayudar?" - Good day, Can I help you?

You can tell quite a bit about where a person is from by the usage, rate and pronunciation when they speak.