Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Got rejected to one job only to get an interview for another!

Got rejected to one job only to get an interview for another!

Hi all!

It's been awhile since I've posted and I have been crazy busy. It's my last semester of college and I am graduating in 3 1/2 weeks....5 years later. But hey, I finally made it. Anyway, I have been applying for jobs like crazy since last semester. I have one at home in my field, but the pay sucks and it's part-time. Last summer I was pulling in a lot of money but now I really want to pull in more. Well, I applied for a Disney Professional Internship (in my field), had a interview in late Feb, and was really banking on that position. Monday I found out I didn't get it. I was pretty mad, especially since I have had experience doing exactly what the job would have been for 3 years. However, I had been thinking about it and I was seriously doubting whether that position would have been for me. I work as a Naturalist or Environmental Educator currently and I have a lot of freedom to do what I want, especially in making up programs or going through them the way I like to, as long as I get the curriculum down. Disney would have been really structured, aimed toward more little kids (where as I do programs with every age group), and lets face it, Disney is crowded. I was still upset because I don't have anything "new" lined up. A ton of people do, and that's all anyone is asking me and talking about...but anyway I found out yesterday after emailing back and forth with this lady for a week that I have an interview with the NATIONAL PARK SERVICE for a seasonal position (6-months)!!!!!! This is such a dream, this is everything I have ever wanted and now it's here! I prefer full-time but this is a start and I hope and pray I get this job. It's a phone interview tomorrow. I am super nervous but pretty confident.

Please keep me in your thoughts that I get this job. I know PT prayers have worked miracles before.

1 dog, 2 fish, and a praying mantis

Fingers and eyes crossed! That kind of position can easily lead to other things. I hope you get it!
    "Procrastinate now; don't put it off." -- Ellen DeGeneres

Thinking of you and sending along all good wishes and prayers..

I meant," said Ipslore bitterly, "what is there in this world that truly makes living worthwhile?"
    Death thought about it.
    CATS, he said eventually. CATS ARE NICE.

-- Sir Terry Pratchett (19482015), Sourcery

Prayers on the way! And I am sure Phred and the Prayer Pups and Paul are all rooting for you from the Rainbow Bridge.
    I've Been Frosted

You got this!! And if you don't, that perfect job will come along eventually. Good for you for not settling for just any position and going for your dream job.
    Our goal in life should be - to be as good a person as our dog thinks we are.

Cindy (Human) - Taz (RB Tabby) - Zoee (RB Australian Shepherd) - Paizly (Dilute Tortie) - Taggart (Aussie Mix) - Jax (Brown & White Tabby), - Zeplyn (Cattle Dog/Pit Mix)

Best of luck and hope you get your dream job.

Sending you lots of positive thoughts.
    Nancy

All things work together for good to them that love God.
    (Romans 8:28)

I've been defrosted-- Thanks, Sana

Pawsitive thoughts and prayers that you get that job!

Forever in my heart...
    Casey.Ginger.Corey.Mandy.Sassy.Lacey.Angel.Missy

Blog Entries
    You didn't want to work for Disney.

They have a pretty bad rep for treating employees fairly. The Park Service is a dream job and a good place to start.

Temp jobs are always a great place to start a career. good luck with the interview.

Hope you get it!
    Anne

Meowmie to Mr. Spunky, Lady Jane, Bob, Callie, Kimi, Lucy Lou, and Eleanor 'Nellie' von Fluffytail, aka Her Fluffiness.

Foster mom to Bella, Smurphette, Monica, Tara, Susie, Hammer, Nikki, Lexus, and Kentucky, who have gone on to their forever homes, and HRH Oliver Woodrow von Katz ,now named PEEter, who lives in Suzy's Zoo Sanctuary.

Current Foster mom to Mama Sarah, and her kits, Driftwood Barney, Fred, and Wilma.

I've been Boo'd ... right off the stage!

RIP Samwise (Dec 2, 2014), Emily (Oct 8, 2013), Rose (Sept 24, 2001), Maggie (Fall 2003)

Thank you so much guys, please keep them coming! Interview went fantastic, at least I thought so. She was so nice and made me feel really comfortable. I am not sure how many other people were in the running, which is what makes me nervous. She said she wants to make a decision by Sunday at the latest. I am so nervous. After hearing this more about the position it sounds incredible and I want it so badly.

RICHARD, you are right about that! I have heard the same thing, but my thinking is it would have looked decent on my resume. It was an internship, and although it was paid, it didn't sound like something I would have wanted. I like to believe everything happens for a reason.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Alysser View Post
    Thank you so much guys, please keep them coming! Interview went fantastic, at least I thought so. She was so nice and made me feel really comfortable. I am not sure how many other people were in the running, which is what makes me nervous. She said she wants to make a decision by Sunday at the latest. I am so nervous. After hearing this more about the position it sounds incredible and I want it so badly.

RICHARD, you are right about that! I have heard the same thing, but my thinking is it would have looked decent on my resume. It was an internship, and although it was paid, it didn't sound like something I would have wanted. I like to believe everything happens for a reason.
    I was going to finish high school and needed a job - I applied to Universal Studios for a summer 'maintenance' position - sweeping and emptying trash cans. A few days later, my Drama teacher told me to go see a woman about another summer temp job which I got on the spot! The following week I got a call that I was hired at the park - I had to decline their offer. I DID want the Universal Studios job - that came with access to the tour and concerts, but the job I got was literally down the street and I could ride a bike to get there.

Disney on your resume has some cachet, But the NPS would be a bigger feather in your cap....best wishes......

I got the job! I just have to find a furnished apartment, I have to call around tomorrow. It's so weird to me that I work for the NPS. I feel as though I don't deserve it but at the same time I've worked my a$$ off to get here, even though it is only seasonal. I feel like this is going to be so worth it and such an awesome stepping stone. I am so glad I applied, because I wasn't going too.

We are so very proud of you, we remember how hard you worked even in high school - and here you are, starting you dream career!
    I've Been Frosted

Congratulations. I wish you a good start.