Results 1 to 12 of 12

Thread: Opinions and updates

Hybrid View

  1. #1
    Join Date
    Jun 2000
    Location
    Waltham, MA, USA
    Posts
    37,371

    Opinions and updates

    We updated the Poll on the homepage today, and hope to do so more regularly, so could use everyone's suggestions.

    We also made changes on the homepage - did anyone notice? We are using larger icons for today's other pets (dog and cat on the pet homepages, etc.) and have included an icon about those for "see Yesterday's ..."

    What does everyone think?

    Any feedback, please?
    I've Been Frosted

  2. #2
    Join Date
    Oct 2003
    Location
    Michigan
    Posts
    8,569
    Quote Originally Posted by Karen View Post
    We updated the Poll on the homepage today, and hope to do so more regularly, so could use everyone's suggestions.

    We also made changes on the homepage - did anyone notice? We are using larger icons for today's other pets (dog and cat on the pet homepages, etc.) and have included an icon about those for "see Yesterday's ..."

    What does everyone think?

    Any feedback, please?
    I hate to appear stupid, but where is this Poll you mentioned above? And this new icon - where???

    The fonts might be larger - I have nothing to compare them with. But larger is always better for those of us that are older

  3. #3
    Join Date
    Jun 2000
    Location
    Portland, Orygun, USA
    Posts
    2,488
    Does "larger icon" mean larger picture? They look good.
    The left side is a good location for yesterday's winners.
    No problem with the poll question location. I have limited ingenuity when it comes poll questions.

  4. #4
    Join Date
    Jun 2000
    Location
    Waltham, MA, USA
    Posts
    37,371
    Yes, Grace, below the buttons on the left side of the page, there are icons for the "others" - meaning on today's Pet of the Day homepage, if you look, you'd usually see little photo for Today's Cat and Today's Dog, and below that is the block containing the Poll!

    The change is now the icons (little pictures) are bigger, and before the ones for Today's Cat of the Day and Today's Dog of the Day, if you look at the homepage now, there's a little icon/picture and link for yesterday's Pet of the Day.

    Does that help?
    I've Been Frosted

  5. #5
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Location
    Delaware, USA - The First State/Diamond State - home of The Blue Hens
    Posts
    9,259
    Since the changes weren't anything drastic, I probably wouldn't have noticed, except for the new "yesterday's" feature - and the new poll of course. That other poll had been up forever, it seems!
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    Wolfy ~ Fuzzbutt #3
    My little dog ~ a heartbeat at my feet

    Sparky the Fuzzbutt - PT's DOTD 8/3/2010
    RIP 2/28/1999~10/9/2012
    Myndi the Fuzzbutt - Mom's DOTD - Everyday
    RIP 1/24/1996~8/9/2013
    Ellie - Mom to the Fuzzbuttz

    To everything there is a season, and a time to every purpose under the heaven.
    Ecclesiastes 3:1
    The clock of life is wound but once and no man has the power
    To know just when the hands will stop - on what day, or what hour.
    Now is the only time you have, so live it with a will -
    Don't wait until tomorrow - the hands may then be still.
    ~~~~true author unknown~~~~

  6. #6
    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Location
    Ellicott City MD
    Posts
    5,722
    I do like the yesterday's pet feature, and the icons do seem clearer. I saw the poll, but I'll take a look at it in a little bit. Thanks!
    [SIGPIC]http://bestsmileys.com/cats1/4.gif[/SIGP]

    ​GO RAVENS!!

  7. #7
    Join Date
    Oct 2003
    Location
    Michigan
    Posts
    8,569
    Quote Originally Posted by Karen View Post
    Yes, Grace, below the buttons on the left side of the page, there are icons for the "others" - meaning on today's Pet of the Day homepage, if you look, you'd usually see little photo for Today's Cat and Today's Dog, and below that is the block containing the Poll!

    The change is now the icons (little pictures) are bigger, and before the ones for Today's Cat of the Day and Today's Dog of the Day, if you look at the homepage now, there's a little icon/picture and link for yesterday's Pet of the Day.

    Does that help?
    I finally found the Yesterdays pets - took me long enough. I have no idea where the Poll is - could someone give me detailed instructions on how to find it?

    Oops - I think I found it - in the Other section, 4th section down? Even though I have posted in one or two, I wasn't aware it was a separate section

  8. #8
    Join Date
    Jun 2000
    Location
    Waltham, MA, USA
    Posts
    37,371
    Quote Originally Posted by Grace View Post
    I finally found the Yesterdays pets - took me long enough. I have no idea where the Poll is - could someone give me detailed instructions on how to find it?

    Oops - I think I found it - in the Other section, 4th section down? Even though I have posted in one or two, I wasn't aware it was a separate section
    We have the poll on the Dog of the Day, Cat of the Day, and Pet of the Day homepages, not here on the forum. The Poll section you found on the forum is for discussion, the poll itself is on the homepages. So click to http://DogoftheDay.com and once you are there, on the left side of the page you will see a row of 8 buttons starting with "Nominate your Pet" - under that, you will now see icons for Yesterday's Dog, then Today's Cat of the Day and Pet of the Day. Below those, you will see the poll, where you can read and vote!
    I've Been Frosted

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

Copyright © 2001-2013 Pet of the Day.com