Thread: Happy 3rd birthday, Dixie!!!

Happy 3rd birthday, Dixie!!!

Today is Dixie's estimated 3rd birthday! We adopted her in December of 2009 when she was 9 weeks old so we won't have her 3 years until December.

I was working one night when the ACO brought her in from being abandoned in a dark alley on one of the coldest nights of the year. I just felt there was something special about her when he handed her to me.

Everyone knows I love all dogs, but this pup was special and she proved to me how special she was when I worked with her at the shelter. She would aroo at me everytime I went to see her. I thought you are quite the diva, aren't you?

But she was really in to me, so I brought my family to see her. And, after my 2 dogs Rocky & Jenny passed my dad said no more dogs. But, he could see what I was talking about when I said she was special.

So, we adopted her on December 17th, 2009. It's been a real fun few years with her. She makes me smile, each day without fail. She constantly goes around the house and puts a stuffed animal or ball in her mouth and aroo's at you like that day I worked with her at the shelter. I don't know what we would do without her and I hope we have many more happy, healthy years with her. Oh yeah and she totally makes you play fetch with her every.single.day.

Some things never change...

At the shelter:

At home:

And a collage I made of her last night:

Happy 3rd birthday, Miss Dixie! We love you.

Krista : Buster : Coonhound : Rudy : Airedale Terrier x : Dixie : Schnauzer/Terrier X : Miagi : Tabby : Tiger : Tabby/Bengal X : Angel : Russian Blue X

Rocky, Jenny, & Ginger.. forever loved & always in my heart..

I have been frosted!

Hello Dixie, What a pretty girl you are! Happy Birthday to you! Your mom sure is crazy about you and I can see why; you're so cute. I enjoyed the photos and your collage is terrific. I hope you have many more happy healthy years together.

Happy Birthday pretty Dixie!!! I remember when you were found and when you were adopted. Your mom wanted you so bad!
    I hope you're having a great day, little furniece!

Forever in my heart...Lacey,Sassy,Mandy,Corey,Ginger,Casey
    HAPPY HOWL-O-WEEN!!!
    I'VE BEEN BOO'D!

Thanks Kay & Annette. She had a wonderful day.
    Krista : Buster : Coonhound : Rudy : Airedale Terrier x : Dixie : Schnauzer/Terrier X : Miagi : Tabby : Tiger : Tabby/Bengal X : Angel : Russian Blue X

Rocky, Jenny, & Ginger.. forever loved & always in my heart..

I have been frosted!

Blog Entries
    Dixie Happy 3rd Birthday To You You are so cute & what a wonderful fun loving personality you have.
    The frost is on the pumpkin & I've been BOO'D by two pet talk ghosts.
    Thank you Fritz & Cassiesmom

Happy Birthday

Happy Birthday Dixie from Barry and Heidi,hope it was a good one.
    thanks very much devon. I have been boo'd.

Hey Dixie Loo, sorry to be a bit late. Aren't you a lucky dog, finding a great home and bringing so many smiles to all those folks who live there. Happy Birthday, pretty girl!!

HAPPY BIRTHDAY!!!
    I've been BOO'd!!
    Thank you Karen, for fixing my siggy!

Happy (belated) 3rd Birthday miss Dixie!!

Kaitlyn (the human)
    Sadie & Rita (Forever in Our Hearts) (the Labbies)