Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Why do people join PT?

Why do people join PT?

I came across an old thread talking about the reasons why people join PT... I think it was posted by Randi.
    Not to sound like a broken record, but the reason for me were the responses I got when Monroe was COTD.
    I was impressed how nice everybody was (and still is). And we all have something in common, the love for animals. So thanks again, everybody. It feels like I've been at PT forever (in a good way), and it has been only two months.
    Randi also alerted me to "Dear Phred" and clam juice, I'm still snickering, that was a great thread.
    cats4ever

Well, I joined because I came across PT when I searched for info on cats. We had recently enticed Fister to come up and live with us. For a while I looked at Cat of the Day and then noticed the forum. Back then, I had not been on any forum, but this looked to be friendly, funny and informative. After reading some posts for three days, I joined. I have been blabbering ever since - and got some good friends here.

A shame that PT is so quiet now, but I assume many are on FB.

"I don't know which weapons will be used in the third World war, but in the fourth, it will be sticks and stones" --- Albert Einstein.

I joined by happy accident in 2004 when my mom had her new Mac set up and we were looking for a home page.

We found Cat of the Day - sadly, that day's COTD was a kitten that had passed. However, mom continued to enjoy each cat daily and I looked it up at home.

Glad to be here!
    "Procrastinate now; don't put it off." -- Ellen DeGeneres

I stumbled upon Pet Talk when searching for some info after getting my Australian Shepherd, Zoee (RB). I also had never (and haven't since) been a part of another forum.
    Back then Pet Talk was much more active. I think Facebook has slowed it down some. But I still feel like this is my family and I know I can always come here if I need to vent or need cheering up. Several of my Facebook friends are people I've "met" here and I always hope to meet in person. I have met a few PTers in person over the years.
    It is just a wonderful place and I don't know what I would do without it.
    So a big Thank You to Karen for everything you do!
    Our goal in life should be - to be as good a person as our dog thinks we are.

Thank you for the siggy, Michelle!

Cindy (Human) - Taz (RB Tabby) - Zoee (RB Australian Shepherd) - Paizly (Dilute Tortie) - Taggart (Aussie Mix) - Jax (Brown & White Tabby), - Zeplyn (Cattle Dog/Pit Mix)

One of my nephews sent me a link to "Dog of the Day"!
    I went, then saw the link to Pet Talk
    And the rest of the story is history!!

I joined when I found out Duke was Dog of the Day. How I miss him, still. Not too active here lately. Stay mostly on Facebook. I kind of miss it being busy here.

9/3/13
    I did the right thing by setting you free
    But the pain is very deep.
    If only I could turn back time, forever, you I'd keep.
    I miss you

I hear you whimper in your sleep
    I gently pet you and say, no bad dreams
    It will be alright, to my dog as dark as night.

Fur as dark as the night.
    Join me on this flight.
    Paws of love that follow me.
    In my heart you'll forever be.
    [/SIZE]

How I wish I could hold you near.
    Turn back time to make it so.
    Hug you close and never let go.
    11/12/06

Geez, I don't even remember why I joined. I just remember basically "growing up" on here. I was a stupid kid when I joined, and now I am a less stupid adult. I do miss it being busier on here as well.

1 dog, 2 fish, and a praying mantis

Yeah, I can imagine that before FB, PT was a lot busier. But hopefully we can keep it going.
    I'm not on FB and I don't have plans to join, but to stay with all you pet people.
    cats4ever

I don't remember why I joined PT, I'm just glad I did. I'm on FB, but I come here more. I hope it gets more active again. Just know I'm on here every day...lurking. BWAH HAH HAH!
    Proud to be a crazy cat lady!

Yes - it is me - the missing one! Haven't been around hardly at all this past year since I moved due to a lot of reasons - mostly health related. I'm doing better now but I still procrastinate too much and that is why I'm still M.I.A.

Don't remember exactly why I joined either, but I lurked for close to a year before I did join. Made some good friends and had a good time here. It's sad to see how much it has slowed down and I blame FaceBook for that. I don't do FB - way too much b.s. and backstabbing and drama. Also sad to see how many of the old time friends have passed away too.................

Hope everyone is well. Wolfy is keeping me in line - he's my BFF!
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    Wolfy ~ Fuzzbutt #3
    My little dog ~ a heartbeat at my feet

Sparky the Fuzzbutt - PT's DOTD 8/3/2010
    RIP 2/28/1999~10/9/2012
    Myndi the Fuzzbutt - Mom's DOTD - Everyday
    RIP 1/24/1996~8/9/2013
    Ellie - Mom to the Fuzzbuttz

To everything there is a season, and a time to every purpose under the heaven.
    Ecclesiastes 3:1
    The clock of life is wound but once and no man has the power
    To know just when the hands will stop - on what day, or what hour.
    Now is the only time you have, so live it with a will -
    Don't wait until tomorrow - the hands may then be still.
    ~~~~true author unknown~~~~

"M.I.A." Would that be "missing in action"? That's my guess, anyway. Good to see you back, I'm glad you're feeling better! I agree that FB is the reason for PT being so slow... plus because of a few other things.

"I don't know which weapons will be used in the third World war, but in the fourth, it will be sticks and stones" --- Albert Einstein.

It is good to have you back pomtzu, I've missed you. I was afraid you left us for FB.

I had lurked on Acme House of Cats, then when I first joined a forum, I joined Pet Talk and theCatSite. When I decided to only be on one forum. I chose Pet Talk because I felt more welcome here
    Nancy

All things work together for good to them that love God.
    (Romans 8:28)

I've been defrosted-- Thanks, Sana

A friend of mine made me aware that Pet Talk existed an i joined to have fellow pet people to talk to who understand an wont care at all if the only thing i talk about is my pets
    ڿڰۣ-ڰۣ
    ~ ~ R. I. P Kirby 9/24/99 - 3/3/14 ~ ~
    ~* * * photoblog* * *~

~○~♥----------♥---~○♥○~------♥----------♥~○~

╔╦╦
    ╠╬╬╬╣
    ╠╬╬╬╣OKAY! WHO ATE MY
    ╠╬╬╬╣CHOCOLATE!!
    ╚╩╩╩╝

http://www.off-white.eu/

I joined after randomly finding the "Dog of the Day" pictures and trying to submit pictures if my own dogs (Kelly and Tiki, both passed away long time ago). I was never super active here but lurked for quite a long time and on a consistent basis. But it's been a long time since I've been here last. Must be years until today, actually. But it's always a special place for me because it's a website I feel I partially grew up on. Feels homey to lurk around here and see the same people posting, haha!

Funny thing is though. I never figured out how to submit my dogs for Dog of the Day (couldn't figure out image resizing back then) and never submitted any other photos after finding the forums. So subsequently, none of my pets have ever been featured because I've just been too lazy to try again! Lol!

Quote Originally Posted by Varga View Post
    I joined after randomly finding the "Dog of the Day" pictures and trying to submit pictures if my own dogs (Kelly and Tiki, both passed away long time ago). I was never super active here but lurked for quite a long time and on a consistent basis. But it's been a long time since I've been here last. Must be years until today, actually. But it's always a special place for me because it's a website I feel I partially grew up on. Feels homey to lurk around here and see the same people posting, haha!

Funny thing is though. I never figured out how to submit my dogs for Dog of the Day (couldn't figure out image resizing back then) and never submitted any other photos after finding the forums. So subsequently, none of my pets have ever been featured because I've just been too lazy to try again! Lol!

Aww, you could still nominate one of 'em! Sending it via email is okay, you don't have to use the submission form!
    I've Been Frosted