Thread: Yellow Jackets like Pink Socks?

Yellow Jackets like Pink Socks?

Having never been sting by a bee or a wasp ever in my life, I have now been stung twice in the past week, despite steering clear of their nest. I just occurred to ne both time I was wearing my favorite hot pink socks! I am pretty sure bees see color in some fashion ... no fair!
    I've Been Frosted

Quote Originally Posted by Karen View Post
    Having never been sting by a bee or a wasp ever in my life, I have now been stung twice in the past week, despite steering clear of their nest. I just occurred to ne both time I was wearing my favorite hot pink socks! I am pretty sure bees see color in some fashion ... no fair!
    Ouch! That's no fun.

Apparently you are not steering clear ENOUGH for them, lol. Also, I believe they are attracted to bright colors, so the socks could well play a factor in this.
    Thank you Karen, for fixing my siggy!

Quote Originally Posted by Freedom View Post
    Ouch! That's no fun. Apparently you are not steering clear ENOUGH for them, lol. Also, I believe they are attracted to bright colors, so the socks could well play a factor in this.
    It's a small space - they live in a column about 4 feet from my sliding glass doors. It's MY portent - I moved here before they did!
    I've Been Frosted