Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: I said no more cats ......but ....

Aotearoa- New Zealand -Kia Ora, Tena Koutou,Haere Mai From the Land of the long white cloud.

I said no more cats ......but ....

Well yes i had decided that after my Lexie that was it for me ,my Lexie is still with us ,she will be 14 this year ,apart from issues with IBD she is doing great ,she is now a black kitty with speckled grey in her front head and legs ,now being an only kitty she is much happier ,which brings me to my latest dilemma .

Two little thin,starving strays have caught my eye and I've started feeding them ,how can one not ,one is a Ginger and white young Tom,who I hope to get desexed ,he will let me pat him while eating but then he is off,I have managed to deworm and deflea him though and even attend to his continuous battle wounds, the shelter would have taken him but it's full up and if he has cat AIDS they will put him down,I know that's the right thing to do,but I don't feel right if I was part of that ,as he really is reasonably healthy now and quite a character .

The second kitty is a beautiful long haired tortie girl,I've seen her around for over a year maybe longer but assumed she was owned ,she came drinking my water I put outside ,she looks so good in this picture but she was skin and bone ,in very poor condition and has a mouth issue ,she is getting a wee but fatter now the worms are gone ,deflead and brushed and fed and at first was terrified of me ,now tame and smoochy and a lap cat ,she just needed to trust me ,I think she is quite old ,I've named her Evee ,however she won't have a bar of coming Inside,totally freaks out ,so wondering how she's going to do when I take her to a vet ,I'm concerned the mouth issue will be big dollars I just don't have ,I've been very lucky two lovely ladies have donated me food to help feed them,some people are just so nice .

So there you have it ,I've had my heart strings pulled again.

Now my other exciting news on February 12 th my grandson was born ,a healthy beautiful boy weighing in at 3.5 kg ,a little brother my two year old granddaughter,so far she adores him how lucky am I .

Sorry I don't seem to get time to stop by very often,but I often think of you all .
    Attached Images Attached Images  
    Furangels only lent.
    RIP my gorgeous Sooti, taken from us far too young, we miss your beautiful face and purssonality,take care of Ash for us, love you xx000

RIP my beautiful gorgeous Nikkita, taken so suddenly ,we will never ever forget you, we miss you more than words can say, loved you so much, my heart just aches for you, gone to be with Mama and Ash.

RIP my beautiful Ash,your pawprints are forever in my heart, love and miss you so much my big boy. (very special thanks to Alysser for my cute siggy)

RIP my sweet gorgeous girl Ellie-Mae, a little battler to the end, you will never ever be forgotten, your little soul is forever in my heart, my thoughts, my memories, my love for you will never die, Love you my darling little precious girl.

Aotearoa- New Zealand -Kia Ora, Tena Koutou,Haere Mai From the Land of the long white cloud.
    Oops don't know why Evee pic didn't post ,this is tortie girl
    Furangels only lent.
    RIP my gorgeous Sooti, taken from us far too young, we miss your beautiful face and purssonality,take care of Ash for us, love you xx000

RIP my beautiful gorgeous Nikkita, taken so suddenly ,we will never ever forget you, we miss you more than words can say, loved you so much, my heart just aches for you, gone to be with Mama and Ash.

RIP my beautiful Ash,your pawprints are forever in my heart, love and miss you so much my big boy. (very special thanks to Alysser for my cute siggy)

RIP my sweet gorgeous girl Ellie-Mae, a little battler to the end, you will never ever be forgotten, your little soul is forever in my heart, my thoughts, my memories, my love for you will never die, Love you my darling little precious girl.

I had just brushed her here and she looks amazing but as the lady who dropped by with food said when she saw her ,said she looks terrible compared to the picture and I have to agree ,however she is better than when she first arrived
    Furangels only lent.

More pics
    Furangels only lent.

Shows her colourings more
    Furangels only lent.

Carole, no wonder your heart strings has been pulled again - they're both gorgeous!

Of course, it would be cruel not to feed them, and they have started trusting you. I so hope they are fairly healthy and in time they will come inside. I suppose winter is coming in a few monhts. If you are unable to take them in, build a house or two for them outside - it can done quite cheap.

Thanks so much for taking care of them and treating their ears, deworm and deflea them! And how nice that the other woman is helping with food.

Congratulations on being a granny for the second time!

I hope you will update when you have time.

"I don't know which weapons will be used in the third World war, but in the fourth, it will be sticks and stones" --- Albert Einstein.

Thanks Randi ,I yes tortie girl sleeps under our house which is all insulated with black polythene ,and Ginger who I've named Phoenix ,but he just responds better to ginger boy lol ,has found himself a spot in our carport ,I've added a nice polar fleece blanket for him ,yes winter worries me ,but I'm sure we can try something outside for them,I'm not sure Lexie would be happy anyhow if even one came inside ,which would be tortie girl at this stage ,it would stress her out,we took her to meet her and she was not at all happy,hissing ,tortie girl seems non confrontational .

When I was feeding ginger this morning tortie girl came to his feeding place ,I feed them at opposite sides of my house ,they greeted each other ,touched noses then he was just going to let her have his food ,how odd .

He doesn't come everyday .

I have to hope she is spayed ,another concern how can u tell if they are pregnant ,I've never had a pregnant cat so don't know
    Furangels only lent.

Ginger kitty is beautiful and tortie girl is so fluffy and lovely! Welcome, two outdoor kitties!

Congratulations on your second grandchild, Carole!
    I've been Boo'd ... right off the stage!

Aaahh, I have been defrosted! Thank you, Bonny and Asiel!
    Brrrr, I've been Frosted! Thank you, Asiel and Pomtzu!

"When dogs are looking at you, they're essentially hugging you with their eyes." -- Dr. Brian Hare

"That's the power of kittens (and puppies too, of course): They can reduce us to quivering masses of Jell-O in about two seconds flat and make us like it. Good thing they don't have opposable thumbs or they'd surely have taken over the world by now." -- Paul Lukas

Cassie's Catster page: http://www.catster.com/cats/448678

If only I could find them homes ,but sadly no one wants them ,I'm really not in a position financially to have this many cats again,last time I had four and it was a big strain !but they all got the care they needed and I never have regretted it,but with one modest wage coming in its tight .

Oh well gotta do what I can .

Ginger boy turned up for lunch ,he's quite a cheeky boy now,really made good progress with him ,I even cleaned his eyes for him ,just had a bit of gunge in them,not Infected ,while he's growling softlyat me,but both cats are so non Agressive to me .

Lexie's not happy ,took her to meet tortie girl again ,she hissed and spat and growled ,she will never accept another cat,poor tortie girl looked as If to say what's wrong with that cat ,she's totally not phased by other cats .

Why do I get myself in these pickles ,if only I could turn a blind eye but I cannot .
    Furangels only lent.

Dearest Carole, God bless you. They are both beautiful, and thank you so much for all you have been doing to take care of them. Sounds like you have already accomplished a great deal.

Congratulations, on your new grandson! How wonderful for your granddaughter, and everyone else in the family!

{{{{{HUGS}}}}} and ~~~~PURRRS~~~~ and from Pat and cats (yes, I have two again now)
    I meant," said Ipslore bitterly, "what is there in this world that truly makes living worthwhile?"
    Death thought about it.
    CATS, he said eventually. CATS ARE NICE.

-- Sir Terry Pratchett (1948—2015), Sourcery

Oh, Carole, we love you - and the new maybe kitties!
    I've Been Frosted

Congratulations on your grandson, Carole! Glad he is healthy and that his big sister adores him!

As for Ginger Boy and Evee - if they have comfy spots outside there is no need to stress Lexie. When they are outside and Lexie is inside it's difficult at the least to have the cats be introduced in the "proper" way - gradually.

Perhaps in time you might borrow a live trap for Ginger, or he might become tame enough for a carrier - but certainly getting him neutered is a great idea. FIV is only contagious through deep bites so I don't think you need worry about that at this point.

Thank you for helping them and thanks to the other ladies also.
    "You can say any foolish thing to a dog, and the dog will give you a look that says, 'Wow, you're right! I never would've thought of that!'" -- Dave Barry

A new grandson! How wonderful. Sounds like he is healthy, bless. And the new Big Sister adores him, that's grand. Just wait till he steals her toys! LOL

Thanks for caring for these 2 kitties. Do you have any low cost spay / neuter clinics? That would be one option. Another would be if there is a local feral cat association, they often have discounts arranged with certain vets.

My Bobby is FIV +, healthy as can be, not been an issue thus far; he is now 10 years old. He came here age 4 months. FIV + do not need to be put down; though they do need to be kept as indoor only so as not to spread the disease.

So Ginger Boy just needs to be neutered and tested, and with luck he is healthy and can return to his life routine.

Evee is such a pretty fluffy girl! She also needs to be spayed, tested, and have that mouth issue addressed. Again, finding a low cost vet is going to be best here.

And I agree, don't even try to introduce Lexie - they are intruders, invaders in to HER territory so of course she is NOT going to be pleased. Sounds like both outdoor cats have safe places, and can do fine for winter time. Knowing you do not HAVE to bring them inside will help relieve some of your concerns.

Do keep us posted as to how things develop!

I agree with what everyone else says. Let Lexie enjoy the rest of her life as an only cat.
    You've got places set up for the outside kitties. The only thing would be getting them vet care.
    Maybe do it slowly a little at a time. Evee's mouth might be first priority and then getting them both fixed (if not already).

Congrats on the grandson!
    Our goal in life should be - to be as good a person as our dog thinks we are.

Cindy (Human) - Taz (RB Tabby) - Zoee (RB Australian Shepherd) - Paizly (Dilute Tortie) - Taggart (Aussie Mix) - Jax (Brown & White Tabby), - Zeplyn (Cattle Dog/Pit Mix)

Thanks everyone .

Unfortunately it's kitten Season and the shelters are full ,they were going to take ginger but I couldn't get a trap had to be on a waiting list ,but now probably won't ,but I can get him in a cage that I'm fairly confident about .

I have had an offer to pay to desex him and I may be able to get a discount voucher .

I'm hoping Evee is desexed ,she does have a nick out of her ear which is often what's done by vets here but it's on the wrong ear,usually left ,hers is right ,but I'm hopeful ,she looks very old to me ,but could be just be because of neglect ,the photo makes her look so good ,believe me she's not ,but improving ,her coat is now soft and shiny instead of coarse and she's filling out a little ,her mouth issue is of concern to me ,she displays signs like my Ellie Mae did with stomatitis ,and dentals are big money I just don't have a spare 400 to 500 ,but I will cross that bridge when I come to it,we have a givealittle pages u can set up here and I will do that if I need to and see how I go ,lots of nice people have been donating me food so that's been a godsend .

We are on a modest one income so it's stretching the budget a bit and we need to keep saving for our retirement so taking on more cats was not the plan ,but seeing them content ,with full bellies,their coats improving makes it worth it ..

yes are right re Lexie ,just wanted to see if she was a bit willing ,but I dont want to stress her out ,Lexie is mostly an indoor cat but she like to go out for ten mins a day so bit worried if she comes into contact with them all hell will break loose or she might take off, I dont want her at risk ,I might have to go away next week to help with my grandson ,so Lexie will be here during the day on her own till hubby gets home from work so hence my concerns ,I don't like her shut in while no one here in case there's a fire or something and she's trapped ,so you see few worries there.
    Furangels only lent.