Results 1 to 9 of 9

Thread: Peeing outside the box?

  1. #1
    Join Date
    Sep 2002
    Location
    Kentucky, LAND OF THE EASILY AMUSED
    Posts
    24,891

    Peeing outside the box?

    I need some advice/help/suggestions?

    Ed has started to pee outside the box.

    He went to the vet and did have a bladder infection that was diagnosed, treated and cleared up.

    He also has had a check up, sonogram, blood test and everything is normal - thank god.

    -------------

    I put up two boxes in the area, one with regular clay and the other with cedar pellets. He poops in the box and pees outside it.

    I put down paper and sprayed Nature's Miracle on it and he peed on the paper!!

    I put a third box over the area where he pees - it's right outside the box he poops in - and put some paper in it.......

    Any suggestions on what else I can do?

    Thanks!

    (the doc has given me kitty Prozac to give him!!!!)

  2. #2
    Join Date
    Jun 2000
    Location
    Waltham, MA, USA
    Posts
    37,092
    Hmm, any changes in the household recently? Did you change his usual litter?
    I've Been Frosted

  3. #3
    Join Date
    Sep 2002
    Location
    Kentucky, LAND OF THE EASILY AMUSED
    Posts
    24,891
    Quote Originally Posted by Karen View Post
    Hmm, any changes in the household recently? Did you change his usual litter?
    Hmm, I did go from Arm and Hammer to the clay and then to the pellets.

    He has never been a 'litter picky' cat, I'll do go back to the A&H.....Thanks.

    I never thought about that!!!

  4. #4
    Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Location
    Rhode Island; USA
    Posts
    16,888
    Cats are very particular about their bathroom. Owners learn time and again, it just does not pay to:
    - move the litter box
    - change the litter box (from hooded to non, or whatever)
    - change the litter
    - change the cleaner you use when you clean the box (some empty the entire contents, give the box a good scrub, then put in fresh litter. If you do this and change your cleaning product, beware!)

    Other things which can make a difference:
    - additions to the family (cat, dog, skinkid, doesn't matter)
    - departure from the family (death, business trip, vacation)
    - new piece of furniture in the room where the litter box is kept
    - moved furniture in the room where the litter box is kept

    Yes do return to the A&H. The texture on his feet as well as the scent are different with the other 2 types you listed.
    I've been BOO'd!!
    Thank you Karen, for fixing my siggy!

  5. #5
    Join Date
    Sep 2002
    Location
    Kentucky, LAND OF THE EASILY AMUSED
    Posts
    24,891
    Quote Originally Posted by Freedom View Post
    Cats are very particular about their bathroom. Owners learn time and again, it just does not pay to:
    - move the litter box
    - change the litter box (from hooded to non, or whatever)
    - change the litter
    - change the cleaner you use when you clean the box (some empty the entire contents, give the box a good scrub, then put in fresh litter. If you do this and change your cleaning product, beware!)

    Other things which can make a difference:
    - additions to the family (cat, dog, skinkid, doesn't matter)
    - departure from the family (death, business trip, vacation)
    - new piece of furniture in the room where the litter box is kept
    - moved furniture in the room where the litter box is kept

    Yes do return to the A&H. The texture on his feet as well as the scent are different with the other 2 types you listed.

    Thanks a bunch!!!!

  6. #6
    Join Date
    Nov 2002
    Location
    Westchester Cty, NY
    Posts
    8,652
    Good luck! I'm fostering an ancient cat who supposedly peed outside the box. Well he seems to like the BJs store brand, thank goodness.
    I've been finally defrosted by cassiesmom!
    "Not my circus, not my monkeys!"-Polish proverb

  7. #7
    Join Date
    Sep 2002
    Posts
    39,876
    I put absobent pads that I get from thew wound clinic around the box, and then throw them out Terrance Jeffrey tries , but his aim is bad.
    THE RAINBOW BRIDGE FOUND HOTEL ANGELS HAVE A NEW FRIEND IN CORINNA.


    ALMOND ROCCA BATON AND ELLIE ANGELS ARE GUARDIANS TO ETERNAL KITTENS ROCC-EL AND T TEEN ANGEL, ALMOND ROCA , VLAD , PAWLEE , SPRITE. LITTLE HEX, OSIRIS AND ANNIE ANGELS.
    EBONY BEAU TUBSTER AND PEACHES BW SPIKE & SMOKEY


    NOW PRECIOUS AND SAM ARE TOGETHER WITH ETERNAL KITTENS SAMMY ,PRESLEY, SYLVESTER AND SCRATCHY JR , MIGHTY MARINA, COSMIC CARMEN, SAMSON ,UNDER KITTY AND SUNKIST AUTUMN & PUMPKIN.
    MIA AND ORANGE BLOSSOM ANGELS HAVE ADOPTED TUXIE , TROOPER , SONGBIRD AND LITTLE BITTY KITTIES MIA-MI BLOSSOMER, TUXEDO AND DASH AS THIER ETERNAL KITTENS.
    PRINCESS JOSEPH AND MICHAEL ARE CELEBRATING 19 YEARS AS LUCKY FOUND CATS

  8. #8
    Join Date
    Sep 2002
    Location
    Kentucky, LAND OF THE EASILY AMUSED
    Posts
    24,891
    Quote Originally Posted by catmandu View Post
    I put absobent pads that I get from thew wound clinic around the box, and then throw them out Terrance Jeffrey tries , but his aim is bad.
    I did invest in some puppy peepee pads that I put under the mat that goes under the boxes!


    Quote Originally Posted by smokey the elder View Post
    Good luck! I'm fostering an ancient cat who supposedly peed outside the box. Well he seems to like the BJs store brand, thank goodness.
    I put a box with some A&H in the area and he hit it, so maybe my luck is changing?

    LOL, what is it with us "ancient guys" who's aim suddenly goes bad?

  9. #9
    Join Date
    Aug 2004
    Location
    Alberta, Canada
    Posts
    21,142
    RICHARD, I hope he's doing better. How old is Ed now?
    "Life is like an elevator. On your way up, sometimes you have to stop and let some people off." -- Author Unknown

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

Copyright © 2001-2013 Pet of the Day.com