Page 46 of 48 FirstFirst ... 36373839404142434445464748 LastLast
Results 676 to 690 of 713

Thread: Gun control discussion

  1. #676
    My condolences for your mental state. To live in utter, abject fear of an inanimate object must be a terrible burden, particularly when there are inanimate objects and animate objects which are far, far more likely to bring you to harm, like your bathroom, the car you drive, or your doctor.
    The one eyed man in the kingdom of the blind wasn't king, he was stoned for seeing light.

  2. #677
    Join Date
    Sep 2002
    Location
    Kentucky, LAND OF THE EASILY AMUSED
    Posts
    24,774
    Quote Originally Posted by Lady's Human View Post
    Checking back just to troll, ES?

    How nice.


    Explain to me how more laws (endangering a child is already illegal) would fix the latest headline? They wouldn't, more laws in fact would do nothing, but it would allow the politicians to fleece the rubes for another term in office, as they DID something. They didn't do anything substantial, but they did SOMETHING, and that's all that counts, isn't it?

    The road to hell is paved with good intentions.

    The road to the complete nanny state is paved with the same material, and in both cases the pavement stinks of bovine excrement.
    LOL,

    The people who want the government to background check are the same people who fear Kroger shopper cards because they collect info on what we buy when we shop.

    (Have you ever driven in CA? Those hellish roads are in need of paving...)

    -----------------

    The town hall meetings where the attendees are asking the politicos about their voting habits are pretty interesting.

    If they don't answer the question in one meeting, what makes them think that they will get an answer the next time?
    The secret of life is nothing at all
    -faith hill

    I am being held hostage in my home by FIFA.

    No humans were hurt during the posting of this message.

  3. #678
    Join Date
    Sep 2002
    Location
    Kentucky, LAND OF THE EASILY AMUSED
    Posts
    24,774
    WTH, he did pass a background check.

    http://news.yahoo.com/blogs/sideshow...141430862.html

    ---------------------------

    Why make it a "universal" background check, start with planet earth.....
    The secret of life is nothing at all
    -faith hill

    I am being held hostage in my home by FIFA.

    No humans were hurt during the posting of this message.

  4. #679
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Location
    Off-Planet: Usually Vulcan ;)
    Posts
    11,170
    Quote Originally Posted by Edwina's Secretary View Post
    Whatever... I came back because some people...I am not sure if you are familiar with the concept of "people" ...wanted to celebrate my cats today. I honor them as they honor Edwina and Eddie.

    You...you are still...apparently...fighting your war to justify your sad...sad..need to kill. Peace baby...peace.
    Did you honestly just say that? His need to kill? Really?? Really??

    Why is there not a emi-con of someone banging their head against a wall?

    Yep, sure, every single person who doesn't support a gun ban is all for killing. Yep, you really got it right.

    This thread reminds me of a girl in my speech class who felt the need to tell someone after my demo speech on archery (ARCHERY) that she didn't understand the need for blood sports? What? Sureeee, bet that hay bales bleeding out real bad.
    Mikey - [Pug/Beagle Mix] Spock and T'Stala - [Hermit Crabs] Rest in Peace, Bo. I love you - [African Cawed Frog] Bo II - [Guppy] Buzz - [VT Male Betta] Chippewa - [BT Male Betta]
    "Never be ashamed of a scar. It simply means you were stronger than whatever tried to hurt you."

  5. #680
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Location
    Illinois, USA
    Posts
    24,720
    I heard on the news tonight (on WBBM-AM radio for those of you in the Chicago area) that the NRA would like to give away guns in Chicago and other big cities affected by crime. Their rationale is that if more citizens were armed, crime would decrease. I don't know about other cities, but in Chicago I can just see those guns quickly falling into the hands of people who shouldn't have them. Giving more people guns is NOT likely to decrease crime, at least not in this town. It's going to take more police, more programs to strengthen families and keep kids out of gangs, and more opportunities for teenagers to have a life other than early parenting, welfare, prison or early death.
    Yikes! I've been Boo'd ... right off of the stage!
    Aaahh, I have been defrosted! Thank you, Bonny and Asiel!
    Brrrr, I've been Frosted! Thank you, Asiel and Pomtzu!


    "That's the power of kittens (and puppies too, of course): They can reduce us to quivering masses of Jell-O in about two seconds flat and make us like it. Good thing they don't have opposable thumbs or they'd surely have taken over the world by now." -- Paul Lukas

    Cassie's Catster page: http://www.catster.com/cats/448678

  6. #681
    Quote Originally Posted by cassiesmom View Post
    I heard on the news tonight (on WBBM-AM radio for those of you in the Chicago area) that the NRA would like to give away guns in Chicago and other big cities affected by crime. Their rationale is that if more citizens were armed, crime would decrease. I don't know about other cities, but in Chicago I can just see those guns quickly falling into the hands of people who shouldn't have them. Giving more people guns is NOT likely to decrease crime, at least not in this town. It's going to take more police, more programs to strengthen families and keep kids out of gangs, and more opportunities for teenagers to have a life other than early parenting, welfare, prison or early death.
    Sadly, that isn't going to happen,, because it takes more than a sound bite to actually fix social problems. Nothing proposed by either side is going to fix Chicago, or any other urban issues, for that matter.
    The one eyed man in the kingdom of the blind wasn't king, he was stoned for seeing light.

  7. #682
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Location
    Illinois, USA
    Posts
    24,720
    Quote Originally Posted by Lady's Human View Post
    Sadly, that isn't going to happen,, because it takes more than a sound bite to actually fix social problems. Nothing proposed by either side is going to fix Chicago, or any other urban issues, for that matter.
    That's how it's starting to look around here. The Chicago Police Department announced that they have already spent two thirds of their overtime budget for the entire year - just since January. Warm weather and festival season isn't even here yet and that's when things in Chicago tend to go all wonky. Nothing proposed by either side is going to fix Chicago until Chicago decides it doesn't want to be the dysfunctional, murder capital of America, city it has become. Apparently a teenage honor student and a 6 month old baby aren't enough collateral damage. They just keep shooting.
    Yikes! I've been Boo'd ... right off of the stage!
    Aaahh, I have been defrosted! Thank you, Bonny and Asiel!
    Brrrr, I've been Frosted! Thank you, Asiel and Pomtzu!


    "That's the power of kittens (and puppies too, of course): They can reduce us to quivering masses of Jell-O in about two seconds flat and make us like it. Good thing they don't have opposable thumbs or they'd surely have taken over the world by now." -- Paul Lukas

    Cassie's Catster page: http://www.catster.com/cats/448678

  8. #683
    Join Date
    Mar 2004
    Location
    Ohio
    Posts
    22,358
    Quote Originally Posted by Alysser View Post
    Did you honestly just say that? His need to kill? Really?? Really??

    Why is there not a emi-con of someone banging their head against a wall?

    Yep, sure, every single person who doesn't support a gun ban is all for killing. Yep, you really got it right.

    This thread reminds me of a girl in my speech class who felt the need to tell someone after my demo speech on archery (ARCHERY) that she didn't understand the need for blood sports? What? Sureeee, bet that hay bales bleeding out real bad.
    Alyssa! You shot a bale of hay with an arrow???
    I bought a second gun. Guess I'm really needing to kill! Haven't shot anyone yet. My guns haven't got up and shot anyone yet either.
    Have shot at the shooting range.

    Forever in my heart...Lacey,Sassy,Mandy,Corey,Ginger,Casey

  9. #684
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Location
    Off-Planet: Usually Vulcan ;)
    Posts
    11,170
    Quote Originally Posted by chocolatepuppy View Post
    Alyssa! You shot a bale of hay with an arrow???
    I bought a second gun. Guess I'm really needing to kill! Haven't shot anyone yet. My guns haven't got up and shot anyone yet either.
    Have shot at the shooting range.
    Yep, I left it out there bleeding in the woods too! Poor thing.
    Mikey - [Pug/Beagle Mix] Spock and T'Stala - [Hermit Crabs] Rest in Peace, Bo. I love you - [African Cawed Frog] Bo II - [Guppy] Buzz - [VT Male Betta] Chippewa - [BT Male Betta]
    "Never be ashamed of a scar. It simply means you were stronger than whatever tried to hurt you."

  10. #685
    Quote Originally Posted by Alysser View Post
    Yep, I left it out there bleeding in the woods too! Poor thing.
    What about all the paper targets I leave out to bleed out? Which feels more pain, hay bales or paper?
    The one eyed man in the kingdom of the blind wasn't king, he was stoned for seeing light.

  11. #686
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Location
    Off-Planet: Usually Vulcan ;)
    Posts
    11,170
    Quote Originally Posted by Lady's Human View Post
    What about all the paper targets I leave out to bleed out? Which feels more pain, hay bales or paper?
    How dare you! Oh wait, I did the same thing

    I am not sure, how about the foam block in my yard, wonder if the neighbors have called the cops on us yet due to the gruesome sight.
    Mikey - [Pug/Beagle Mix] Spock and T'Stala - [Hermit Crabs] Rest in Peace, Bo. I love you - [African Cawed Frog] Bo II - [Guppy] Buzz - [VT Male Betta] Chippewa - [BT Male Betta]
    "Never be ashamed of a scar. It simply means you were stronger than whatever tried to hurt you."

  12. #687
    Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Location
    Lancaster, PA - USA
    Posts
    1,570
    Is this too awful for this site? A neat, but very expensive thing to have happen. It is pretty cool, as long as it does not happen again.

    Name:  IMG_0217.jpg
Views: 101
Size:  752.1 KB

    I call that a pretty tight group. LOL Could not do it again if I tried.
    "Unlike most of you, I am not a nut."

    - Homer Simpson


    "If the enemy opens the door, you must race in."

    - Sun Tzu - Art of War

  13. #688
    Oh the humanity!!!!

    How could you do that to an innocent block of foam and an equally innocent arrow!
    The one eyed man in the kingdom of the blind wasn't king, he was stoned for seeing light.

  14. #689
    Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Location
    Lancaster, PA - USA
    Posts
    1,570
    I know, right? I even used a compound bow with a mechanical release. Some people call me a 'cheater' because of it. lol
    "Unlike most of you, I am not a nut."

    - Homer Simpson


    "If the enemy opens the door, you must race in."

    - Sun Tzu - Art of War

  15. #690
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Location
    Off-Planet: Usually Vulcan ;)
    Posts
    11,170
    So much blood, you might be banned!

    Hehe, that's definitely some kind of accomplishment! I am lucky if I get a bullseye once in any round! If you use a Compound Bow and you still suck does that count as cheating
    Mikey - [Pug/Beagle Mix] Spock and T'Stala - [Hermit Crabs] Rest in Peace, Bo. I love you - [African Cawed Frog] Bo II - [Guppy] Buzz - [VT Male Betta] Chippewa - [BT Male Betta]
    "Never be ashamed of a scar. It simply means you were stronger than whatever tried to hurt you."

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

Copyright © 2001-2013 Pet of the Day.com