Thread: As they age...

As they age...

Our two are getting up there in years. They will both likely go over the bridge in the next year. It stinks, but such is life. Share some ideas for reasonably priced ideas on way to save a memory object.

My first thought is a paw print in putty or on paper.
    Romans 8:28 ESV
    "And we know that for those who love God all things work together for good, for those who are called according to his purpose."

I still have Lady's collar and leash on the mantel. Just can't part with them.
    The one eyed man in the kingdom of the blind wasn't king, he was stoned for seeing light.

I have Mikey's paw tattooed on me. That may be seen as extreme to some, but works for me.

1 dog, 2 fish, and a praying mantis

For years after Gracie, the family Great Dane mix, died, the stuffed bunnies she had stolen from me in the most endearing way ever sat on my parents' bookcase - Dad couldn't risk the new puppy chewing them up.

I have, pn my keys, a brass dog tag from one of Aunt Bertha's dogs, likely Peppy, it just seemed too important to throw away.
    I've Been Frosted

All the wonderful photos and videos I've collected over the years are my memory items. A few of the pets, I never seemed to get around to capturing the unique quirky thing that one did, and I have to call on my memory for those. Videos are great.

Blog Entries
    You could put wet paint on any size wooden frame and get them to walk across it. It makes good paw prints, then frame their picture with it. I have also painted furniture, drawers, chair,stool etc. and the cat will usually mosy over it on it's own and leave good paw prints. The trick is getting the paint off the paws.You can get their pics on t- shirts at the t-shirt shop and they will do pillow cases too. Lots of artists will paint your cat beautifully for a reasonable price, there are a lot of artists who do that, I have one and put it in an inexpensive but beautiful frame from Winners and I really treasure it, it is one of a kind and priceless to me. Good luck!

Many years ago, I owned an Old English which saw me through some very rough times, and passed at age 12. I just couldn't bring myself to own another dog for nearly twenty years, but in that mean time, I saw a Ceramic Statue of a Bobby, which looked identical to my darling Nietzsche, and bought it in his memory.
    I have had other dogs since, and only one has passed, that being our sweet Becca. I hung her Collar and Tags on the Statue, where I could look down and see my two guys right there beside my chair, as each always was.

The tears are running down my cheeks as I type, remembering those who I loved so much even after all this time has passed.
    Sneakers, Ichabod, Mistique, Leah, NA'vi, Frizbe, Ishka & Kira

Dogs know that you love them, whether you own them or not
    If you’re not watching FREE TV, you should be !

Good suggestions all, thanks.
    Romans 8:28 ESV
    "And we know that for those who love God all things work together for good, for those who are called according to his purpose."

Quote Originally Posted by Puckstop31 View Post
    Good suggestions all, thanks.
    You're welcome!
    I've Been Frosted