Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Thread: Nhl 2011-2012

The Blackhawks' first pre-season game is only three months from yesterday! They play the Detroit Red Wings at the UC on September 23.
    I've been Boo'd ... right off the stage!

Aaahh, I have been defrosted! Thank you, Bonny and Asiel!
    Brrrr, I've been Frosted! Thank you, Asiel and Pomtzu!

"When dogs are looking at you, they're essentially hugging you with their eyes." -- Dr. Brian Hare

"That's the power of kittens (and puppies too, of course): They can reduce us to quivering masses of Jell-O in about two seconds flat and make us like it. Good thing they don't have opposable thumbs or they'd surely have taken over the world by now." -- Paul Lukas

Cassie's Catster page: http://www.catster.com/cats/448678

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	scup_zps9bd70769.jpg 
Views:	16 
Size:	42.6 KB 
ID:	58311
    The secret of life is nothing at all
    -faith hill

Are you trying to punk my abuelita?

No humans were hurt during the posting of this message.

Quote Originally Posted by Karen View Post
    I am so still not accustomed to the Stanley cup being played in mid-June. It just seems way too late, and overlaps Baseball too much. It was hard enough as a kid trying to pay attention to Bruins and Celtics at the same time ...
    ESPECIALLY if your team is in post-season and competing for the opening for baseball... bahhhh

facebook

Name:	yxn19uc2fwg51kcqtjsc.png 
Views:	20 
Size:	715.2 KB 
ID:	58366
    Anze Kopitar and his dog enjoy a little time with the Stanley Cup.

Name:	BtZdFgvCEAAZ1D9.jpg 
Views:	12 
Size:	43.9 KB 
ID:	58435

Drew Doughty, his dog and Lord Stanley's Cup

------------------

The World Cup goes to FIFA,
    Lord Stanley goes everywhere!!!!

Okay, Blackhawks, listen up. We wouldn't be having this conversation right now if you'd won game 3. You need to win tonight AND game 7. Lord Stanley's cup is overdue for another visit to Chicago. I don't want the season to be over yet, so please WIN!

"When dogs are looking at you, they're essentially hugging you with their eyes." -- Dr. Brian Hare

"That's the power of kittens (and puppies too, of course): They can reduce us to quivering masses of Jell-O in about two seconds flat and make us like it. Good thing they don't have opposable thumbs or they'd surely have taken over the world by now." -- Paul Lukas

Quote Originally Posted by cassiesmom View Post
    Okay, Blackhawks, listen up. We wouldn't be having this conversation right now if you'd won game 3. You need to win tonight AND game 7. Lord Stanley's cup is overdue for another visit to Chicago. I don't want the season to be over yet, so please WIN!
    Yes, Pluck the Ducks.

Thank You.

Quote Originally Posted by RICHARD View Post
    Yes, Pluck the Ducks.

Thank You.
    #DucksPlucked

The Hawks had a meeting with the media before they left for Florida. Coach Q said that although it's a lot of fun to be playing for the Stanley Cup, that the team is taking this very seriously. They know they're playing a really good opponent and have their work cut out for them.

On a lighter note - I also heard that some players are a little superstitious about not touching the Campbell trophy (the NHL Western Conference trophy) because if they do, they won't touch another trophy this season- meaning the Stanley Cup

Quote Originally Posted by cassiesmom View Post
    #DucksPlucked

On a lighter note - I also heard that some players are a little superstitious about not touching the Campbell trophy (the NHL Western Conference trophy) because if they do, they won't touch another trophy this season- meaning the Stanley Cup
    I think that tradition started with the Wings back in 1996 - they won the Campbell Trophy and carried it around - then lost in 4 straight to the Devils. Never again.

We're rooting for Tampa Bay - looking forward to Stevie Y winning another Cup - this time as the GM

Okay, Blackhawks. Game four is tonight and it is most fun to watch when you WIN!

I heard a very interesting comment from a sports reporter last night. He said that the Tampa Lightning team will be back almost to a player next season. There is only one who might not return. They are definitely a force to be reckoned with. They held off the Hawks offense. They're not in the same division as the Hawks so there are only a couple of games with them each season ... which is probably a good thing! I enjoyed watching the whole series. Great job Bolts. I hope you will be one of Hawks fans' favorite opponents now along with Detroit and Boston.