Thread: Log-in problem......

Log-in problem......

For some reason, the site logs me out every few minutes.... Does anyone else have this problem and/or know how to fix it?

Hitotsu no gengo wa keshite jūbun de wa nai. - One language is never enough.

Your browser has a setting that tells "cookies" how often to expire - look for that and lengthen it, or change it to "never" - what browser do you use?
    I've Been Frosted

I'm using Firefox. How do you get to the thing that tells about "cookies"?

Hitotsu no gengo wa keshite jūbun de wa nai. - One language is never enough.

I have that same problem.

How do you find this cookie-expiration-setter in Chrome? I've looked all through the Settings and Advanced Settings categories and can't find anything like that.
    I meant," said Ipslore bitterly, "what is there in this world that truly makes living worthwhile?"
    Death thought about it.
    CATS, he said eventually. CATS ARE NICE.

-- Sir Terry Pratchett (19482015), Sourcery

Quote Originally Posted by phesina View Post
    I have that same problem.

How do you find this cookie-expiration-setter in Chrome? I've looked all through the Settings and Advanced Settings categories and can't find anything like that.
    Is your Chrome up to date? What version?
    I've Been Frosted

Chrome Version 44.0.2403.155 m
    My friend who actually knows something about all this stuff installed a new version of Chrome 3 or 4 weeks ago, which updates itself as needed.

It isn't doing that logging-out to me every few minutes.. usually longer time spaces than that. What happens is, I spend quite a while composing a post, and then when I hit the button to post it, I find I'm logged out.

Also: occasionally, if I hit a link, say from the Pet Talk Forum page to one of the sections, or I'm on the page listing the threads in that section and hit a thread title.. And I find I have to log in again to get there. That can happen very quickly, like right after I've logged on to PT. I try to get to a page and then have to log in again right away.
    Last edited by phesina; 08-21-2015 at 08:07 PM.
    I meant," said Ipslore bitterly, "what is there in this world that truly makes living worthwhile?"
    Death thought about it.

Quote Originally Posted by phesina View Post
    Chrome Version 44.0.2403.155 m
    My friend who actually knows something about all this stuff installed a new version of Chrome 3 or 4 weeks ago, which updates itself as needed.

It isn't doing that logging-out to me every few minutes.. usually longer time spaces than that. What happens is, I spend quite a while composing a post, and then when I hit the button to post it, I find I'm logged out.

Also: occasionally, if I hit a link, say from the Pet Talk Forum page to one of the sections, or I'm on the page listing the threads in that section and hit a thread title.. And I find I have to log in again to get there. That can happen very quickly, like right after I've logged on to PT. I try to get to a page and then have to log in again right away.
    Here's a handy reference!

https://support.google.com/chrome/answer/95647?hl=en
    I've Been Frosted

Quote Originally Posted by JALB View Post
    I'm using Firefox. How do you get to the thing that tells about "cookies"?
    http://www.timeanddate.com/custom/cookiesmozilla.html - there's a chart and explanation there for Firefox.
    I've Been Frosted

Quote Originally Posted by Karen View Post
    Thanks, Karen. I'll check this out when I have a little more time.
    Death thought about it.