Results 1 to 13 of 13

Thread: Some questions about my Corgi.

  1. #1
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Location
    My Home!
    Posts
    1,815

    Some questions about my Corgi.

    I just wanted to ask a few questions from you guys. Is it ok if I feed my Corgi, One Down, chicken nuggets? I give him one in the morning at times. I hope it doesn't do anything bad to him. He really enjoys eating it. And, I also gave him 3 slices of bananas, he ate them too, I hope it isn't too bad for him.

    And, he's been limping from his front left leg, I have no idea what happened to him. Please pray his leg heals soon. And he has a lot of coughing problem, any idea what I should do?

    Thanks! Gotta go.

    And please pray my final exams go well, the first is on 30th May.

  2. #2
    Join Date
    Mar 2005
    Location
    Chihuahua, Mexico
    Posts
    7,524
    if it┤s more as a treat thing.. it should do no harm.. would be better if it were plain chicken.. without preservatives and all the other stuff used when making the outer crust and all.. but like I said as an occasional treat it should be fine.. same as bananas.. bananas are good for potassium..

    about the limping.. maybe check to see if he has anything stuck into his paw.. or for cuts.. maybe he injured himself or got stepped on.. a bad jump.. who knows..

    the coughing.. how long has it been.. is it constant.. or when does he coughs more.. he could be sick.. he could have something in his throat.. he could have a trachea injury..

    and good luck on your exams
    Corinna┤s Christmas Card Swap ┤06
    dedicated to a lovely woman who won many hearts along her life...........
    she will be deeply missed.......Thank you for letting us be a part of your life, you will surely remain in ours FOREVER........R.I.P. Dear Corinna

    Best Fireman in da House┤10
    dedicated to the kindest,loveliest and always helpful dude that one would be honored and proud to know........R.I.P. Dear Phred



    notes-to-my-husband blog

    http://365project.org/isabelle/365

  3. #3
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Location
    My Home!
    Posts
    1,815
    Quote Originally Posted by Husky_mom View Post
    if it┤s more as a treat thing.. it should do no harm.. would be better if it were plain chicken.. without preservatives and all the other stuff used when making the outer crust and all.. but like I said as an occasional treat it should be fine.. same as bananas.. bananas are good for potassium..

    about the limping.. maybe check to see if he has anything stuck into his paw.. or for cuts.. maybe he injured himself or got stepped on.. a bad jump.. who knows..

    the coughing.. how long has it been.. is it constant.. or when does he coughs more.. he could be sick.. he could have something in his throat.. he could have a trachea injury..

    and good luck on your exams
    Thank You! Yes, I give him sometimes (the nuggets), good to hear the bananas aren't gonna harm him, but I usually don't give him these. I'll try checking why he's limping, he wasn't limping yesterday. Sometimes he coughs a lot. Sometimes he doesn't and sometimes he does. I have no idea what he ate. Its started around a week ago, he coughed sometimes, but, now, its worse than before. Thanks!

  4. #4
    Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Location
    Rhode Island; USA
    Posts
    16,870
    The coughing could be "kennel cough" and I highly recommend a vet check on that. While in there, have them check the leg.

    The leg could be a bad landing, but that would be like a sprain and should have healed in 3 to 4 days.

    Chicken nuggets, blech! I don't eat them, wouldn't give them to my dogs. I boil chicken breast (no skin, no bones) and use that as a really special treat for once or twice a week and at training sessions.

    Banana is fine for dogs! Just not alot at once, it may either constipate them or give the runs, I can't remember which sorry.
    I've been BOO'd!!
    Thank you Karen, for fixing my siggy!

  5. #5
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Location
    My Home!
    Posts
    1,815
    Quote Originally Posted by Freedom View Post
    The coughing could be "kennel cough" and I highly recommend a vet check on that. While in there, have them check the leg.

    The leg could be a bad landing, but that would be like a sprain and should have healed in 3 to 4 days.

    Chicken nuggets, blech! I don't eat them, wouldn't give them to my dogs. I boil chicken breast (no skin, no bones) and use that as a really special treat for once or twice a week and at training sessions.

    Banana is fine for dogs! Just not alot at once, it may either constipate them or give the runs, I can't remember which sorry.
    Thank You for helping. One Down doesn't really jump much. No idea where he landed from. I don't feed him bananas. Just gave him three slices when I was cutting them for the trifle.

  6. #6
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Location
    Illinois, USA
    Posts
    25,182
    I love Corgi dogs... do you have a picture you can share? And I will say a prayer for your exams and for One DOwn's limp to resolve.
    I've been Boo'd ... right off the stage!

    Aaahh, I have been defrosted! Thank you, Bonny and Asiel!
    Brrrr, I've been Frosted! Thank you, Asiel and Pomtzu!


    "That's the power of kittens (and puppies too, of course): They can reduce us to quivering masses of Jell-O in about two seconds flat and make us like it. Good thing they don't have opposable thumbs or they'd surely have taken over the world by now." -- Paul Lukas

    Cassie's Catster page: http://www.catster.com/cats/448678

  7. #7
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Location
    My Home!
    Posts
    1,815
    Quote Originally Posted by cassiesmom View Post
    I love Corgi dogs... do you have a picture you can share? And I will say a prayer for your exams and for One DOwn's limp to resolve.
    Thank You! Ofcourse I have a picture of him!. our One DOwn is a little different from other Corgi's, here's a picture. Its a little dark because it was night and One Down was sleeping outside in our balcony, didn't want to wake him up with the flash And its blurry because maybe he recognized my scent and woke up the next second, so it got blurry.


    I loved this picture even though it was blurry, I love his way of sleeping so calm and lovely! I will try uploading more soon!

  8. #8
    Join Date
    Jun 2001
    Location
    Glenside, pa
    Posts
    7,408
    Aw! One Down looks so peaceful. I love when they lay on their paws! My Logan has been holding up her right front paw from time to time for over a year. Of course when I take her to the vet, she's fine! We can touch it sometimes. I gave her a Rimydal (pain killer) once and then she was fine. I think she runs on our lawn, which is uneven, or jumps off the bed the wrong way.

    Oh my, the cough may be a sign of something serious, but of course, I'm not a pro. There can be lots of reasons, like Isabel said. It sounds like a trip to the vet is in order.

    Sana, I have NO DOUBT you'll do great on your exams! If you don't do excellent in English, I will be shocked! I may even call your teacher! I think your English is wonderful. It's a difficult language to learn from what I hear. You're so smart!



    I've been Boooo'd!

  9. #9
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Location
    Illinois, USA
    Posts
    25,182
    Quote Originally Posted by K9karen View Post
    Sana, I have NO DOUBT you'll do great on your exams! If you don't do excellent in English, I will be shocked! I may even call your teacher! I think your English is wonderful. It's a difficult language to learn from what I hear. You're so smart!
    I agree completely!

    One Down looks so comfortable and content! I hope his health issues will all be resolved
    I've been Boo'd ... right off the stage!

    Aaahh, I have been defrosted! Thank you, Bonny and Asiel!
    Brrrr, I've been Frosted! Thank you, Asiel and Pomtzu!


    "That's the power of kittens (and puppies too, of course): They can reduce us to quivering masses of Jell-O in about two seconds flat and make us like it. Good thing they don't have opposable thumbs or they'd surely have taken over the world by now." -- Paul Lukas

    Cassie's Catster page: http://www.catster.com/cats/448678

  10. #10
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Location
    San Diego, CA
    Posts
    28
    Sounds like he needs to see a vet for the cough. The limp on the front he may have just tweaked himself and the chicken nugget once in a while won't hurt him and my dogs love bananas.
    Rhonda &
    Callie, Huck and Wyatt

  11. #11
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Location
    My Home!
    Posts
    1,815
    Thank You guys! One Down hasn't been coughing much lately, I don't hear him cough, so I guess he wouldn't need to visit the vet. I hope he gets well soon right at home and doesn't need to go to the vet.

    Thank You for all those nice words! In my last monthly exams, in English I got the highest!! I got 23.5 out of 25!! Me and another girl! I got nice marks in some and was PATHETIC in 3... I hope I do good in those. We have Arabic as well. We learn spoken Arabic and I failed last time even though its pretty easy. I didn't revise for it. And my, teacher was very upset and so, I told her I would try my best in the Final Exams, pray I get awesome marks in Arabic! OOh! And I get one of the first 5 positions!! My mom said she'd buy me a sewing machine if I did nice...yea..I'm not into getting mobiles..My parents wouldn't allow at this age. So, she knows I am into embroidery and sewing Yaay!

  12. #12
    Join Date
    Jun 2001
    Location
    Glenside, pa
    Posts
    7,408
    YAY! Good Job Sana! Yes, I think your English is AWESOME as I said before! And you speak Arabic? My goodness! I was only required 2 years of a foreign language in school and I chose Spanish. So I barely speak anything but American English, and maybe not as perfect as it should be. Sad for me, huh?

    A sewing machine? How exciting! You deserve it! I know you'll have so much fun with it! I think you excel in everything you do!

    Lots of luck in your Arabic test!!!



    I've been Boooo'd!

  13. #13
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Location
    My Home!
    Posts
    1,815
    Quote Originally Posted by K9karen View Post
    YAY! Good Job Sana! Yes, I think your English is AWESOME as I said before! And you speak Arabic? My goodness! I was only required 2 years of a foreign language in school and I chose Spanish. So I barely speak anything but American English, and maybe not as perfect as it should be. Sad for me, huh?

    A sewing machine? How exciting! You deserve it! I know you'll have so much fun with it! I think you excel in everything you do!

    Lots of luck in your Arabic test!!!
    Thank you! That's soo nice of you to say such things!! Spanish is an interesting language! I'm hoping I get a good position, don't want to miss the chance of actually getting a sewing machine !

Similar Threads

  1. Corgi in need!
    By Taz_Zoee in forum Dog General
    Replies: 13
    Last Post: 08-05-2011, 09:36 AM
  2. Corgi/Mix Pup!
    By bckrazy in forum Dog General
    Replies: 23
    Last Post: 05-04-2006, 08:53 PM
  3. corgi name
    By Jessica12345 in forum Dog Games
    Replies: 9
    Last Post: 04-09-2003, 03:42 PM
  4. The Corgi Won
    By Chris J in forum Dog General
    Replies: 12
    Last Post: 02-15-2002, 05:17 AM

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

Copyright © 2001-2013 Pet of the Day.com