Page 28 of 41 FirstFirst ... 181920212223242526272829303132333435363738 ... LastLast
Results 406 to 420 of 612

Thread: Random thoughts

  1. #406
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Location
    Illinois, USA
    Posts
    25,415
    Quote Originally Posted by phesina View Post
    I look at "Mutts" every day (I get it by e-mail), and I love it too, Elyse. And the "Shelter Stories" (which he does every year) also make me very sad, for the same reason. I want to bring every one of them home, too.

    Dear Mr. O'Donnell --- Your "Shelter Stories" are making me cry. Today's strip (Philo) just did me in. When I adopted my kitty it was with the understanding that she would be an "only", a promise I've kept all these years. But your "Shelter Stories" make me want to go to the shelter right now and bring all the waiting animals home. I love "Mutts"!


    It's an amazing feeling to know I am actually succeeding as a Science major with a 3.6 GPA overall
    Congratulations, Alysser! Well done!

    My dad has a bird feeder in the back yard and he and my mom enjoy watching the birds as they visit. (And the kitties too ) Today they saw a rose-breasted grosbeak (sp?) in the grass under the feeder.
    I've been Boo'd ... right off the stage!

    Aaahh, I have been defrosted! Thank you, Bonny and Asiel!
    Brrrr, I've been Frosted! Thank you, Asiel and Pomtzu!


    "That's the power of kittens (and puppies too, of course): They can reduce us to quivering masses of Jell-O in about two seconds flat and make us like it. Good thing they don't have opposable thumbs or they'd surely have taken over the world by now." -- Paul Lukas

    Cassie's Catster page: http://www.catster.com/cats/448678

  2. #407
    Join Date
    Dec 2012
    Location
    Ontario, CANADA
    Posts
    53
    Quote Originally Posted by Karen View Post
    Note to self - one spoonful of instant coffee is plenty to make "iced 'coffee'" for myself! I dissolved two teaspoons full in some hot water, then added sugar, milk and ice, and it was way too dark - it was actually like coffee a normal person might drink! The horror!
    Actually, the sounds quite good!

    Tequila Sunrise, My Rainbow Bridge Guardian Angel

  3. #408
    Join Date
    Jun 2000
    Location
    Waltham, MA, USA
    Posts
    37,156
    Quote Originally Posted by cassiesmom View Post
    My dad has a bird feeder in the back yard and he and my mom enjoy watching the birds as they visit. (And the kitties too ) Today they saw a rose-breasted grosbeak (sp?) in the grass under the feeder.
    Cool, I haven't seen one of those in years!
    I've Been Frosted

  4. #409
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Location
    Illinois, USA
    Posts
    25,415
    I have a question for those of you who use an iPod. Fry's Electronics has the iPod Shuffle on sale for $45. I sit in an office at work with two other people. One has a radio that she sometimes plays for us, but not always. The office is super quiet and I just need some background music. I'm wondering ... should I go get the iPod? You pay by the song on iTunes, correct? Can I transfer songs from CDs onto iPod? An iPod would be an ideal solution because I could listen with ear buds. It would not disturb my other co-worker, who likes quiet. Should I save up for the iPod Nano, though? If you have an iPhone, does it also function as an iPod? I heard on the news that the iPhone is now the most popular camera in America.

    And Taz Zoee, guess what song is stuck in my head again? Pink and Nate Ruess! I like that song sooo much!
    I've been Boo'd ... right off the stage!

    Aaahh, I have been defrosted! Thank you, Bonny and Asiel!
    Brrrr, I've been Frosted! Thank you, Asiel and Pomtzu!


    "That's the power of kittens (and puppies too, of course): They can reduce us to quivering masses of Jell-O in about two seconds flat and make us like it. Good thing they don't have opposable thumbs or they'd surely have taken over the world by now." -- Paul Lukas

    Cassie's Catster page: http://www.catster.com/cats/448678

  5. #410
    Join Date
    Jun 2000
    Location
    Waltham, MA, USA
    Posts
    37,156
    Quote Originally Posted by cassiesmom View Post
    I have a question for those of you who use an iPod. Fry's Electronics has the iPod Shuffle on sale for $45. I sit in an office at work with two other people. One has a radio that she sometimes plays for us, but not always. The office is super quiet and I just need some background music. I'm wondering ... should I go get the iPod? You pay by the song on iTunes, correct? Can I transfer songs from CDs onto iPod? An iPod would be an ideal solution because I could listen with ear buds. It would not disturb my other co-worker, who likes quiet. Should I save up for the iPod Nano, though? If you have an iPhone, does it also function as an iPod? I heard on the news that the iPhone is now the most popular camera in America.

    And Taz Zoee, guess what song is stuck in my head again? Pink and Nate Ruess! I like that song sooo much!
    Yes, you can load an CD into iTunes, so the music will be on your iPod! I love my little iPod, make sure yours come with earphones so you don't need a dock for it! You can buy songs on iTunes, or other places, too - they are usually 99 or so, and then they are yours. And there are always free ones. You can also susbscribe to pod cats, that you can set to download onto your iPod! Let me know if you have any other questions!
    I've Been Frosted

  6. #411
    Note to self:

    Clean out cache files, temps, etc BEFORE running a root level antivirus scan.

    3 hours is a touch long to wait......
    The one eyed man in the kingdom of the blind wasn't king, he was stoned for seeing light.

  7. #412
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Location
    Illinois, USA
    Posts
    25,415
    On my way to work today I saw three 18-wheel trucks marked "Taylor Swift RED Tour 2013". Must have been taking her sets and equipment to the next tour stop. I know she has a date in Chicago in August ... I wonder where they were coming from, or where they were headed. I'm guessing Taylor Swift doesn't travel in an 18-wheel truck from city to city! I wonder if she has a bus like some stars do, or if she goes by airplane. She's so young and so successful. Lots of talent, that girl.
    I've been Boo'd ... right off the stage!

    Aaahh, I have been defrosted! Thank you, Bonny and Asiel!
    Brrrr, I've been Frosted! Thank you, Asiel and Pomtzu!


    "That's the power of kittens (and puppies too, of course): They can reduce us to quivering masses of Jell-O in about two seconds flat and make us like it. Good thing they don't have opposable thumbs or they'd surely have taken over the world by now." -- Paul Lukas

    Cassie's Catster page: http://www.catster.com/cats/448678

  8. #413
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Location
    Illinois, USA
    Posts
    25,415
    Quote Originally Posted by phesina View Post
    I look at "Mutts" every day (I get it by e-mail), and I love it too, Elyse. And the "Shelter Stories" (which he does every year) also make me very sad, for the same reason. I want to bring every one of them home, too.

    Who else has seen "Mutts" this week? There is a new character - a cicada! It's been a fun week with the new guy
    I've been Boo'd ... right off the stage!

    Aaahh, I have been defrosted! Thank you, Bonny and Asiel!
    Brrrr, I've been Frosted! Thank you, Asiel and Pomtzu!


    "That's the power of kittens (and puppies too, of course): They can reduce us to quivering masses of Jell-O in about two seconds flat and make us like it. Good thing they don't have opposable thumbs or they'd surely have taken over the world by now." -- Paul Lukas

    Cassie's Catster page: http://www.catster.com/cats/448678

  9. #414
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Location
    Ann Arbor, Michigan, USA
    Posts
    13,382
    I saw it!

    I heard on the radio yesterday that that really is happening: the cicadas are coming out after 17 years. I don't know any more about it.

    I meant," said Ipslore bitterly, "what is there in this world that truly makes living worthwhile?"
    Death thought about it.
    "Cats," he said eventually. "Cats are nice."

    -- Terry Pratchett, Sourcery

  10. #415
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Location
    The Adirondacks, NY
    Posts
    11,176
    I got about 20 feet away from one of the Bald Eagles at work today, great experience and made a bunch of 4th graders extremely happy!
    Mikey - [Pug/Beagle Mix] Spock and T'Stala - [Hermit Crabs] Rest in Peace, Bo. I love you - [African Cawed Frog] Bo II - [Guppy] Buzz - [VT Male Betta] Chippewa - [BT Male Betta]
    "Never be ashamed of a scar. It simply means you were stronger than whatever tried to hurt you."

  11. #416
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Location
    The Adirondacks, NY
    Posts
    11,176
    Quote Originally Posted by phesina View Post
    I saw it!

    I heard on the radio yesterday that that really is happening: the cicadas are coming out after 17 years. I don't know any more about it.

    The Brood II Cicadas have already invaded in North Jersey, I haven't seen them yet! They are distinctly different from normal Dog Day Cicadas, and have red eyes. They leave there creepy exo-skeletons everywhere.
    Mikey - [Pug/Beagle Mix] Spock and T'Stala - [Hermit Crabs] Rest in Peace, Bo. I love you - [African Cawed Frog] Bo II - [Guppy] Buzz - [VT Male Betta] Chippewa - [BT Male Betta]
    "Never be ashamed of a scar. It simply means you were stronger than whatever tried to hurt you."

  12. #417
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Location
    Illinois, USA
    Posts
    25,415
    I read in the newspaper that a company started selling T-shirts with "Chicago Stronger" printed on them, a take-off from the famous "Boston Strong". They quickly got complaints and stopped selling the T-shirts. They've said the profits from those shirts will be given to charity. I think that was the right action for them to take. What happened at the Boston Marathon was tragic, but many people responded quickly to help save others. There was a lot of strength shown in Boston that day and since. The company could have put "Sweet Home Chicago" or "Windy City" or something else on the shirts they sold in Chicago.
    I've been Boo'd ... right off the stage!

    Aaahh, I have been defrosted! Thank you, Bonny and Asiel!
    Brrrr, I've been Frosted! Thank you, Asiel and Pomtzu!


    "That's the power of kittens (and puppies too, of course): They can reduce us to quivering masses of Jell-O in about two seconds flat and make us like it. Good thing they don't have opposable thumbs or they'd surely have taken over the world by now." -- Paul Lukas

    Cassie's Catster page: http://www.catster.com/cats/448678

  13. #418
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Location
    Ann Arbor, Michigan, USA
    Posts
    13,382
    Quote Originally Posted by cassiesmom View Post
    I read in the newspaper that a company started selling T-shirts with "Chicago Stronger" printed on them, a take-off from the famous "Boston Strong". They quickly got complaints and stopped selling the T-shirts. They've said the profits from those shirts will be given to charity. I think that was the right action for them to take. What happened at the Boston Marathon was tragic, but many people responded quickly to help save others. There was a lot of strength shown in Boston that day and since. The company could have put "Sweet Home Chicago" or "Windy City" or something else on the shirts they sold in Chicago.
    I like "Sweet Home Chicago." I'll buy that t-shirt when I come to Chicago on the road trip!
    I meant," said Ipslore bitterly, "what is there in this world that truly makes living worthwhile?"
    Death thought about it.
    "Cats," he said eventually. "Cats are nice."

    -- Terry Pratchett, Sourcery

  14. #419
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Location
    Illinois, USA
    Posts
    25,415
    Quote Originally Posted by fritz03 View Post
    Thanks Phesina for starting this Canada Day thread,cloudy where we are,a little windy,no rain until around midnight into Tuesday.Having a Ham Steak cooked on the barbecue.
    This sounds delicious, Barry! My dad got a new grill from the whole family for Father's Day. I should pick up a ham steak and a can of pineapple rings to put on the grill over the weekend. Thank you for the idea!
    I've been Boo'd ... right off the stage!

    Aaahh, I have been defrosted! Thank you, Bonny and Asiel!
    Brrrr, I've been Frosted! Thank you, Asiel and Pomtzu!


    "That's the power of kittens (and puppies too, of course): They can reduce us to quivering masses of Jell-O in about two seconds flat and make us like it. Good thing they don't have opposable thumbs or they'd surely have taken over the world by now." -- Paul Lukas

    Cassie's Catster page: http://www.catster.com/cats/448678

  15. #420
    Join Date
    Aug 2004
    Location
    Alberta, Canada
    Posts
    21,160
    Quote Originally Posted by Lady's Human View Post
    Note to self:

    Clean out cache files, temps, etc BEFORE running a root level antivirus scan.

    3 hours is a touch long to wait......
    I feel your pain......
    "To begin, begin." ~William Wordsworth

Similar Threads

  1. Random Cat Thoughts
    By Null in forum Cat General
    Replies: 7
    Last Post: 10-18-2010, 09:36 PM
  2. Random thoughts for a Friday afternoon. . .
    By Catherinedana in forum Dog House
    Replies: 11
    Last Post: 12-08-2009, 10:21 PM
  3. One random pic
    By ratdogg in forum Dog General
    Replies: 9
    Last Post: 09-07-2007, 09:58 AM
  4. Random.......
    By I_luv_rusty in forum Dog General
    Replies: 18
    Last Post: 11-28-2005, 11:39 AM
  5. Replies: 31
    Last Post: 09-04-2004, 06:18 PM

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

Copyright © 2001-2013 Pet of the Day.com