Thread: Recent Food Experiments

Recent Food Experiments

A couple really tasty successful simple food experiments:

1. Tarragon Chicken Salad: I had three cooked chicken breasts, cut them up, added two shallots sliced thin and diced, 2 teaspoons of dried tarragon, and salt to taste, with enough mayo to make it all stick together. I made a sandwich with a layer of lettuce for green, yummy!

2. Spinach Egg bake: this was basically a "use stuff up" so quantities are anyone's guess, but a mess of spinach - probably half a large package, one hot italian turkey sausage casing removed and broken into little pieces, a chopped up shallot (I had two halves of shallots to be honest) about half a brick of feta cheese broken up, and I think it was 5 eggs to help it all stick together, a pinch of salt, 5 shakes of black pepper, stirred together and dumped in a greased baking dish, bake at 350 for 20 minutes - or until done. I used the 9 x 12, would have been better to use an 8" square, but I just ended up folding the rectangles in half to be twice as thick. Also quite tasty, warm or even cold! That with a tomato on the side for more vitamin C and color contrast - also yummy!

Anyone else have recent culinary experiments to post?
    I've Been Frosted

Thanks! Both sounds yummy, I'll keep them in mind.

"I don't know which weapons will be used in the third World war, but in the fourth, it will be sticks and stones" --- Albert Einstein.