Thread: Too bizarre

Delaware, USA - The First State/Diamond State - home of The Blue Hens

Too bizarre

Strange/unusual/unexplainable things have happened most of my adult life -- here's the latest.

When my brother passed away 2 years ago May 21st, his memorial service was 4 days later on the Saturday of that Memorial day weekend - which would be like today - the Saturday of this Memorial Day weekend. Steve and I drove down ( with Myndi in tow too ) to NC for the service - a whirlwind trip ------ drive down Friday, service on Saturday, and drive back here on Sunday since he had to work Monday. Packed very light - only what was necessary - toiletries, decent clothes for the service, and traveling clothes for the trip back on Sunday. I packed my toiletries in a zipper plastic bag - just in case something should leak - and when I was looking for a certain item in that bag when we got down there Friday, I discovered that my whole can of hairspray had somehow discharged and was now empty. The cap came off the aerosol can and the bag must have gotten bumped and caused it to spray till empty. No big deal - still plenty of time to run out for another can....................

So here comes the bizarre - IMO anyway. This a.m. after I took a shower and washed and styled my hair, I opened the cabinet under the bathroom sink to get the hairspray and give a little spray to hold the style for a little while. Somehow, that whole can of spray had also discharged and was completely empty too. The cap was still partially on and it hadn't been knocked over - I always sit it in a ceramic mug so it stays upright. The mug had a lot of spray in it, and there was quite a bit in the plastic bin I keep things in under the sink. I just used the hairspray a few days ago and it was okay then.

Too spooky - same thing happening exactly 2 years apart and on Memorial Day weekend - and memorializing my brother's passing too??????.................

Sometimes I scare myself.....................
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    Wolfy ~ Fuzzbutt #3
    My little dog ~ a heartbeat at my feet

Sparky the Fuzzbutt - PT's DOTD 8/3/2010
    RIP 2/28/1999~10/9/2012
    Myndi the Fuzzbutt - Mom's DOTD - Everyday
    RIP 1/24/1996~8/9/2013
    Ellie - Mom to the Fuzzbuttz

To everything there is a season, and a time to every purpose under the heaven.
    Ecclesiastes 3:1
    The clock of life is wound but once and no man has the power
    To know just when the hands will stop - on what day, or what hour.
    Now is the only time you have, so live it with a will -
    Don't wait until tomorrow - the hands may then be still.
    ~~~~true author unknown~~~~

Hmm, ghost of somer former kitty playing with you?
    I've Been Frosted

Yikes. Coincidence? A message from beyond?
    Anne
    Meowmie to Mr. Spunky, Lady Jane, Bob, Callie, Kimi, and fosters Lucy Lou (home) and HRH Oliver Woodrow von Katz (in Suzy's Zoo Sanctuary).

I've been Boo'd ... right off the stage!

RIP Samwise (Dec 2, 2014), Emily (Oct 8, 2013), Rose (Sept 24, 2001), Maggie (Fall 2003)

Quote Originally Posted by mrspunkysmom View Post
    Yikes. Coincidence? A message from beyond?
    Definitely a message from the beyond - IMO - tho many people believe that "messages" can't happen. I'm much more open minded than that. I've had MANY different ones over the years --- they used to scare the devil out of me --- but I'm used to them now. I actually sometimes find myself wondering what the next one will be..... And the meanings????? - some I have a theory on (like this one), and others I don't have a clue.
    Wolfy ~ Fuzzbutt #3

RIP 2/28/1999~10/9/2012
    RIP 1/24/1996~8/9/2013

Quote Originally Posted by pomtzu View Post
    Definitely a message from the beyond - IMO - tho many people believe that "messages" can't happen. I'm much more open minded than that. I've had MANY different ones over the years --- they used to scare the devil out of me --- but I'm used to them now. I actually sometimes find myself wondering what the next one will be..... And the meanings????? - some I have a theory on (like this one), and others I don't have a clue.

Oh, I believe. I've even lived in a haunted house. The ghosts didn't bother me. The distance from civilization did.
    Anne
    Meowmie to Mr. Spunky, Lady Jane, Bob, Callie, Kimi, and fosters Lucy Lou (home) and HRH Oliver Woodrow von Katz (in Suzy's Zoo Sanctuary).

I've been Boo'd ... right off the stage!

RIP Samwise (Dec 2, 2014), Emily (Oct 8, 2013), Rose (Sept 24, 2001), Maggie (Fall 2003)

Have no idea what message this was supposed to send you - but I'm willing to bet it was the work of your brother

Brothers do things like that . . . . .

Quote Originally Posted by mrspunkysmom View Post
    Oh, I believe. I've even lived in a haunted house. The ghosts didn't bother me. The distance from civilization did.
    LOL - I could write a book about this place. House isn't haunted, but the land it's built on would have some tales to tell. It had an entity attached to it, that took hold of us when we bought this parcel and built on it in 1971. We think it could have been sacred American Indian ground before it was turned into farmland, and then eventually sold off in parcels. The entity appears to have been a child - perhaps a young American Indian who met an untimely demise and was not willing to move on - and only came around when my kids were small - then disappeared. But when the grandkids came on the scene in later years, it was back. It only appeared until the kids would reach an age of about 10-12 - then vanish. Been a long time since we have been treated to it's pranks and presence, since my youngest grandchild it almost 19. We think it was a boy - even called him Freddy. He was harmless - just did "typical" kid things........I actually miss him!

And to all of you non-believers - perhaps you should open your mind more to events that transpire around you. What I've said is 100% the truth, and not only did other humans in residence in this house experience the shenanigans of Freddy - but the dogs were very aware of his presence too.
    Wolfy ~ Fuzzbutt #3

RIP 2/28/1999~10/9/2012
    RIP 1/24/1996~8/9/2013