• No

14 31.82%
  • Pineapples

5 11.36%
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Social Networking

Social Networking

Do you do it?

If yes, then you can link to your profile(s).

I do, and... I think it would be better to link to the page with all my profiles on it.
    Collin
    Little Bit died the morning of May 14, 2008 of old age. Bye Little Bit, you will always be missed. Memorial thread
    Power tends to corrupt and absolute power corrupts absolutely. - Lord Acton
    Anger is an acid that can do more harm to the vessel in which it is stored than to anything on which it is poured. - Mark Twain
    He whom sacrifices freedom for a measure of security deserves neither. - Benjamin Franklin
    Let nature guide your actions and you will never have to worry if you did the right thing. - crow_noir
    My Website | Save Net Neutrality

By the way, Blue...
    MY SIG IS BIGGER

I don't know where you find the time to keep up with all those networking sites!

Delaware, USA - The First State/Diamond State - home of The Blue Hens
    No way - no how - no - no - no!!!

If I want someone to know something about me or my life and what's going on - I will PM them or email them or even practice the lost art of picking up the phone and talking to them.

I don't need a friend of a friend of a friend snooping on me. They're probably just being nosy anyway - or worse.
    I've Been Boo'd
    Thanks, Barry
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    My little dogs - two heartbeats at my feet.
    by Edith Wharton & Me
    Sparky the Fuzzbutt - PT's DOTD 8/3/2010
    RIP 2/28/1999~10/9/2012
    Myndi the Fuzzbutt - Mom's DOTD - Everyday
    RIP 1/24/1996~8/9/2013
    Ellie - Mom to the Fuzzbuttz

To everything there is a season, and a time to every purpose under the heaven.
    Ecclesiastes 3:1
    The clock of life is wound but once and no man has the power
    To know just when the hands will stop - on what day, or what hour.
    Now is the only time you have, so live it with a will -
    Don't wait until tomorrow - the hands may then be still.
    ~~~~true author unknown~~~~

You can restrict your profile to friends only and choose who can see your friends list on Facebook, I don't use any of the others so don't know if they're the same.

Quote Originally Posted by G535 View Post
    I don't know where you find the time to keep up with all those networking sites!
    Magic, Firefox addons, Ping.FM, and lots of self-coded scripts.
    Collin
    Little Bit died the morning of May 14, 2008 of old age. Bye Little Bit, you will always be missed. Memorial thread
    Anger is an acid that can do more harm to the vessel in which it is stored than to anything on which it is poured. - Mark Twain
    He whom sacrifices freedom for a measure of security deserves neither. - Benjamin Franklin
    Let nature guide your actions and you will never have to worry if you did the right thing. - crow_noir

By the way, Blue...
    MY SIG IS BIGGER

No No never. There aren't enough hours in my day for that stuff, I e-mail my friends for private conversations that I want to share. If I have time I will use the phone .

I am on Facebook, but I won't bore everyone with the link as it is full of . . . pet photos!

Reggie, I never even heard of some of those you are on.

The thing with Facebook is, like a phone book, folks can find you. I have 3 cousins (distant not first cousins) who found me, from Italy and Sicily! We are struggling with language issues but having fun none the less. And 2 of them didn't know the other one, I got to make the introuction. Ha ha haaa.

Yes, we did find the common link in our ancestors. It's interesting!
    Thank you Karen, for fixing my siggy!

A long time ago I Google searched my last name. It was pretty interesting! There is an extensively published chemist, an attorney in Texas, a competitive runner ... and then there's me ... average. A couple of people with the same last name friended me on Facebook, even though we aren't related.
    Yikes! I've been Boo'd ... right off of the stage!
    Aaahh, I have been defrosted! Thank you, Bonny and Asiel!
    Brrrr, I've been Frosted! Thank you, Asiel and Pomtzu!

"That's the power of kittens (and puppies too, of course): They can reduce us to quivering masses of Jell-O in about two seconds flat and make us like it. Good thing they don't have opposable thumbs or they'd surely have taken over the world by now." -- Paul Lukas

Cassie's Catster page: http://www.catster.com/cats/448678

Quote Originally Posted by cassiesmom View Post
    A long time ago I Google searched my last name. It was pretty interesting! There is an extensively published chemist, an attorney in Texas, a competitive runner ... and then there's me ... average. A couple of people with the same last name friended me on Facebook, even though we aren't related.
    There is over a hundred people with my last name on Twitter, all over the US. Dang.
    Collin

By the way, Blue...
    MY SIG IS BIGGER

yes....

Twitter and facebook is a great way for me to advertise my shop and has been a successful venue for me.

not to mention my family and old friends I had lost touch with are on facebook and it allows me to keep in touch with them.

R.I.P my dear Sweet Teddy. You will be missed forever. We love you.

http://www.hannahshands.etsy.com

No.
    I have a few forums I chat on and that's it.
    Nikki[human],Zippy[tabby],and Pumpkin[orange tabby]
    Rest in Peace my Sweet Hammie Zoey
    Jan 1,09-March 26,2010

I had my first Girlfriend when I was 12 find me on Facebook but only because there is your name and city with other personal stuff to reference.
    Quote by Reggie
    There is over a hundred people with my last name on Twitter, all over the US. Dang.
    On Twitter I counted 419 people with my same name. Not just last name but
    first and last. I guess though I have one of the most common names in the Anglo world. My local white pages has 5 or 6 pages of people with my name.

Quote by cassiesmom
    I googled my full name and got 82,000,000 hits. I have no Idea if I'm even in there. I'm not going to filter though that many names to find out.

I don't use any of that stuff...facebook, myspace...nothin... I'm just not into it. If I want someone to know somethin about me or if they want to know I can just tell them or they can ask me And if I want to talk to somebody I'll get their ## and text them lol. I text and that's pretty much all I do
    *Some people come into your life and quickly go, but some leave footprints on your heart and you are never the same*
    *We only fall so we can learn to pick ourselves back up*
    *Life is not measured by the amount of breaths we take but by those that take our breath away*
    *Life is made of millions of moments, but we live only one of these at a time. As we begin to change this moment we begin to change our lives*

I hail from South Carolina, but Texas is where I hang my hat :)
    I use facebook. I still have a myspace account, but don't use it. I just have so many photos uploaded there that I haven't deleted it, yet.
    The idea that some lives matter less is the root of all that is wrong with the world. - Dr. Paul Farmer

Quote Originally Posted by pomtzu View Post
    No way - no how - no - no - no!!!

If I want someone to know something about me or my life and what's going on - I will PM them or email them or even practice the lost art of picking up the phone and talking to them.

I don't need a friend of a friend of a friend snooping on me. They're probably just being nosy anyway - or worse.
    I feel the same. I'm too busy tending to real life to spend my precious time chatting with cyber friends, who of course aren't true friends, and may not even be who they claim they are! As for contacting real friends, let us not forget another lost art: writing a letter with pen and paper.
    AvaJoy
    =^.".^=

Avatar courtesy of Kimlovescats . . . many thanks!
    EvErY LiFe ShOuLd HaVe NiNe CaTs