Results 1 to 12 of 12

Thread: Anyone here live in Dallas?

  1. #1
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Location
    SE USA
    Posts
    18,457

    Anyone here live in Dallas?

    Did you know Andrea Bocelli will be there performing June 13th at the American Airline Center? I am SO tempted!!! Are there any hotels near that center?

    Special Needs Pets just leave bigger imprints on your heart!

  2. #2
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Location
    North Texas
    Posts
    1,599
    Oh, yes, there are lots of hotels downtown as well as many, many within a few miles. The AA Center is huge....the Dallas Mavericks play there. I really couldn't tell you any names of hotels, because I don't make it downtown very often, but if you google it, I'm sure you can finds lots and lots! Have fun!!
    Shannon, Boomer, and Sooner

  3. #3
    Join Date
    Oct 2000
    Location
    Wichita Falls, TX U.S.A.
    Posts
    4,481
    Darn I wish I could afford it I looked up ticket prices and it's just too much. Hubby and I would LOVE to go I bet that'll be the best show ever!

  4. #4
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Location
    SE USA
    Posts
    18,457
    I LOVE his voice and that would be a dream come true for me to go see him.. I have checked out the tickets to the concert and even the cost of flying over there and back but I know NOTHING about Dallas and I would have to come alone which scares me... being alone in a big town that I know nothing about. That concert is the Saturday night before I return back to work on Wednesday so that could be a problem but I doubt I ever get a chance to see him again...That is SO close considering where HE lives and how many chance I will have to do this again. LOL! I'd probably have a heart attack the minute he walked on stage from the excitement of seeing him..

    Special Needs Pets just leave bigger imprints on your heart!

  5. #5
    Join Date
    Dec 2002
    Location
    Wylie, Texas USA
    Posts
    5,170
    http://www.americanairlinescenter.co...rby_hotels.php

    The one right across the street from the American Airlines Center would be best for a visitor to Dallas, but it's pricey.

  6. #6
    Join Date
    Sep 2003
    Location
    Currently living in Ohio!
    Posts
    3,095
    *sigh* The cheapest ticket is $75. I live a few hours away but I go to Dallas regularly. It is a relatively easy city to navigate no matter what area you are in. Cab companies are everywhere so it probably wouldn't be too difficult to get to and from the arena as long as you were within a few miles. They also have a public transit system that I have never used, but that I have heard is quite reliable.
    A quick google search for hotels near that center took me to this:

    http://maps.google.com/maps?sourceid...e-results&cd=1
    Visit my website to learn about fabulous kitchen gadgets and cookware! www.pamperedchef.biz/melissawendl

  7. #7
    Join Date
    Jun 2005
    Location
    Deep-N-Heart of Tx && My Babie's Hearts
    Posts
    15,558
    FYI American Airline Center is not in Dallas.. It on the OutShirts of Keller & on the interstate to Denten.. It also not far from Texas Motor Speedway in which is not far from Roanoak.. Yes there is Hotels all over the place.. You can get them in Keller or Sonoma area which is going into SouthLake.. Then from there is Grapevine.. There is a Bunch in Grapevine.. Grapevine is like the blooming onion for Hotels.. Now if you stay in Grapevine.. Then the hotels will send shuttles after you at the DFW Airport && also will shuttle you to the American Airlines Center.. In which is about 45 min east of me.. Hope this helps..

    ~~~Thank You Very Much {Kim} kimlovescats for the Grand Siggy~~~

    [[ Furr Babies are Like Potato Chips **** No One Can Have Just One ]]
    ****** Kindness, Mercy & Justice to All Living Creatures ******
    {{{{{Everyday is a Gift = That's why it's Called the Present }}}}}
    ((( Each Day With Our Pets is a Surprise Package Waiting to be Opened )))
    <Sunsets are God's Reminder to Us That At The End of the Day We're All In This Together>

  8. #8
    Join Date
    Jun 2004
    Location
    Plano, Texas
    Posts
    38
    Quote Originally Posted by lvpets2002 View Post
    FYI American Airline Center is not in Dallas.. It on the OutShirts of Keller & on the interstate to Denten.. It also not far from Texas Motor Speedway in which is not far from Roanoak.. Yes there is Hotels all over the place.. You can get them in Keller or Sonoma area which is going into SouthLake.. Then from there is Grapevine.. There is a Bunch in Grapevine.. Grapevine is like the blooming onion for Hotels.. Now if you stay in Grapevine.. Then the hotels will send shuttles after you at the DFW Airport && also will shuttle you to the American Airlines Center.. In which is about 45 min east of me.. Hope this helps..

    I live in the Dallas area and I don't know what you are referring to, but the AAC (American Airlines Center) is indeed in downtown Dallas, kind of on the NW side of downtown. Lots of hotels in the area, but you might want to look toward some of the northern suburbs, such as Plano or Addison. I live in Plano and hardly ever drive into Dallas much anymore, but let me know if I can be of any more help.

    Robin (aka Biscuit's Mom)

  9. #9
    Join Date
    Jun 2005
    Location
    Deep-N-Heart of Tx && My Babie's Hearts
    Posts
    15,558
    Well there must be two then.. Cause there is one where I am talking about too.. The one your talking about must be newer than the other one.. Yours must handle only Concerts.. The other one has been there for years..
    Quote Originally Posted by Biscuit's Mom View Post
    I live in the Dallas area and I don't know what you are referring to, but the AAC (American Airlines Center) is indeed in downtown Dallas, kind of on the NW side of downtown. Lots of hotels in the area, but you might want to look toward some of the northern suburbs, such as Plano or Addison. I live in Plano and hardly ever drive into Dallas much anymore, but let me know if I can be of any more help.

    Robin (aka Biscuit's Mom)

    ~~~Thank You Very Much {Kim} kimlovescats for the Grand Siggy~~~

    [[ Furr Babies are Like Potato Chips **** No One Can Have Just One ]]
    ****** Kindness, Mercy & Justice to All Living Creatures ******
    {{{{{Everyday is a Gift = That's why it's Called the Present }}}}}
    ((( Each Day With Our Pets is a Surprise Package Waiting to be Opened )))
    <Sunsets are God's Reminder to Us That At The End of the Day We're All In This Together>

  10. #10
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Location
    North Texas
    Posts
    1,599
    Yes, it isn't far from the West End, and that is in Downtown....When we would go to the Big 12 Basketball tournaments, we would take the train to the West End, and catch a cab or DART bus over to the AA center, but now they have a DART train that stops right at the center. You can catch the train just about anywhere, including the suburbs of Garland and Plano....The train is nice and fast.
    Shannon, Boomer, and Sooner

  11. #11
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Location
    North Texas
    Posts
    1,599
    The one downtown is where the Mavericks and Stars play....they have concerts, circus, etc. I looked it up, and it is where the Bocelli concert is...

    http://www.americanairlinescenter.com/
    Shannon, Boomer, and Sooner

  12. #12
    Join Date
    Dec 2002
    Location
    Wylie, Texas USA
    Posts
    5,170
    Quote Originally Posted by lvpets2002 View Post
    Well there must be two then.. Cause there is one where I am talking about too.. The one your talking about must be newer than the other one.. Yours must handle only Concerts.. The other one has been there for years..

    Sounds like you're referring to DFW Airport. There isn't another American Airlines Center.

Similar Threads

  1. Dallas
    By RobiLee in forum Today's Dog
    Replies: 13
    Last Post: 04-29-2004, 09:36 PM
  2. New pics of DALLAS
    By kimlovescats in forum Cat General
    Replies: 15
    Last Post: 01-11-2004, 05:07 PM
  3. Does anyone on here live close to Dallas, GA?
    By mugsy in forum Dog Rescue
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 05-07-2003, 06:58 PM
  4. Dallas
    By DoggiesAreTheBest in forum Today's Dog
    Replies: 8
    Last Post: 10-03-2001, 11:00 PM

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

Copyright © 2001-2013 Pet of the Day.com