Thread: DVD file conversion question

DVD file conversion question

We have a Sony Handycam that burns onto those mini-dvds. The file format on the discs are vobs. I want to combine the vobs from several discs onto one disc.

I can convert the vobs to mpegs, but I lose bits and pieces and the mpeg is generally crappy. Is there a better way to combine my mini-dvds onto 1 regular DVD without spending a fortune on software??

Some time last year I found a program that converted the vobs to AVIs for free and that worked great, but I can't for the life of me figure out what program it was. Any help is appreciated
    Visit my website to learn about fabulous kitchen gadgets and cookware! www.pamperedchef.biz/melissawendl

For a very long time, before I bought the AVS software I use now, I used this It really is very good.

Simply stated, if you want high quality videos, you are going to need high amounts of space. Things like MPEG-2 is high quality. You might want to try converting it to the Ogg Theora format, which is described here: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Theora
    Collin
    Little Bit died the morning of May 14, 2008 of old age. Bye Little Bit, you will always be missed. Memorial thread
    Power tends to corrupt and absolute power corrupts absolutely. - Lord Acton
    Anger is an acid that can do more harm to the vessel in which it is stored than to anything on which it is poured. - Mark Twain
    He whom sacrifices freedom for a measure of security deserves neither. - Benjamin Franklin
    Let nature guide your actions and you will never have to worry if you did the right thing. - crow_noir
    My Website | Save Net Neutrality

By the way, Blue...
    MY SIG IS BIGGER