Thread: Major has a trial home!

Major has a trial home!

We sent Major to a new home this morning with my daughter and her kids. That cat was awesome with those children! He was relaxed and happy around them. Even when the 21 month old tripped and fell on him, they both got up and continued playing! It's as if he recognized these are his hoomans.

My grandkids LOVE him. So my daughter agreed to a two day trial. I sent them home with food, litter, toys, and a sweet cat who doesn't get along with other cats. I'm a little nervous how he'll react to their three year old Jack Russell. Cooper is your typical hyper JRT. He's also bad. No training and they don't try (don't tell my daughter I said that!) BUT something makes me think he will wrestle and play. I think it will be a good fit.

So please send out those amazing PT vibes that this trial works. I want this boy to find his forever home. I want my peaceful home again!

Wonderful! I really hope it works out.

I meant," said Ipslore bitterly, "what is there in this world that truly makes living worthwhile?"
    Death thought about it.
    CATS, he said eventually. CATS ARE NICE.

-- Sir Terry Pratchett (19482015), Sourcery

Aww, prayers in the way! Sounds ideal!
    I've Been Frosted

If Major is happy with everyone and vice versa, it's a win!
    "Be eccentric now. Don't wait for old age to wear purple." -- Regina Brett

Oy, I'm a bad grandma (or at the very least - bad at math) when I said Logan was 21 months old.... add 12 months to that! He will be 3 soon. Sheesh! He's a very loud, busy, and exuberant almost 3 year old. And he loves loves loves the cats. Major actually plays with him, and Logan is thrilled he is willing to play.

Fingers crossed here! Sounds like the perfect fit, assuming the JRT and him get along.
    Our goal in life should be - to be as good a person as our dog thinks we are.

Thank you for the siggy, Michelle!

Cindy (Human) - Taz (RB Tabby) - Zoee (RB Australian Shepherd) - Paizly (Dilute Tortie) - Taggart (Aussie Mix) - Jax (Brown & White Tabby), - Zeplyn (Cattle Dog Mix)

I hope everything works out okay.
    Nancy

All things work together for good to them that love God.
    (Romans 8:28)

I've been defrosted-- Thanks, Sana

Alaska: Where the odds are good, but the goods are odd.
    Fingers, paws and whiskers crossed up here.
    Ask your vet about microchipping. ~ It could have saved Kuhio's life. And it cost Halo hers. Ask your vet about Polycystic kidney disease ~~ Rest in peace Willy
    Loved by Lisa

So, reports are that he's spent the day hiding, coming out, hiding. Poor boy must be way overwhelmed. He does have a stress collar on, so hope that helps.

I'm keeping fingers crossed and praying this works.

Catastic news! I need to look up Major's story.

Found the post, and I even commented a few times.

http://petoftheday.com/talk/showthre...79#post2525779

I do have a question: how did you acquire Major?
    Anne
    Meowmie to Mr. Spunky, Lady Jane, Bob, Callie, Kimi, and fosters Lucy Lou (home) and HRH Oliver Woodrow von Katz (in Suzy's Zoo Sanctuary).

I've been Boo'd ... right off the stage!

RIP Samwise (Dec 2, 2014), Emily (Oct 8, 2013), Rose (Sept 24, 2001), Maggie (Fall 2003)

Quote Originally Posted by catnapper View Post
    So, reports are that he's spent the day hiding, coming out, hiding. Poor boy must be way overwhelmed. He does have a stress collar on, so hope that helps.

I'm keeping fingers crossed and praying this works.
    It's a totally new environment for him, with many new people and the doggie to get to know. He'll want to have a safe place to hide in when he feels overwhelmed. Give him time and lots of love, and I bet he'll come around.

I meant," said Ipslore bitterly, "what is there in this world that truly makes living worthwhile?"
    Death thought about it.
    CATS, he said eventually. CATS ARE NICE.

-- Sir Terry Pratchett (19482015), Sourcery

If everyone is cool then the Major will come out when he is ready , I know that it is hard for younger people to wait, but when Major comes out on his won all will be well
    THE RAINBOW BRIDGE FOUND HOTEL ANGELS HAVE A NEW FRIEND IN CORINNA.

ALMOND ROCCA BATON AND ELLIE ANGELS ARE GUARDIANS TO ETERNAL KITTENS ROCC-EL AND T TEEN ANGEL, ALMOND ROCA , VLAD , PAWLEE , SPRITE. LITTLE HEX, OSIRIS AND ANNIE ANGELS.
    EBONY BEAU TUBSTER AND PEACHES BW SPIKE & SMOKEY

NOW PRECIOUS AND SAM ARE TOGETHER WITH ETERNAL KITTENS SAMMY ,PRESLEY, SYLVESTER AND SCRATCHY JR , MIGHTY MARINA, COSMIC CARMEN, SAMSON ,UNDER KITTY AND SUNKIST AUTUMN & PUMPKIN.
    MIA AND ORANGE BLOSSOM ANGELS HAVE ADOPTED TUXIE , TROOPER , SONGBIRD AND LITTLE BITTY KITTIES MIA-MI BLOSSOMER, TUXEDO AND DASH AS THIER ETERNAL KITTENS.
    PRINCESS JOSEPH AND MICHAEL ARE CELEBRATING 19 YEARS AS LUCKY FOUND CATS

Quote Originally Posted by mrspunkysmom View Post

I do have a question: how did you acquire Major?
    Callie found him. She KNEW something was under our porch. So, for a week, whenever we let her outside. She danced around the steps and conveniently forgot to do her business (grrrrr). Hubby told me to crawl under and see what we had. No way, Jose! Who know what wild life could be under there!

So a week goes by and Callie outed a small terrified brown tabby. I collared her and drug her back in the house. He managed to wedge himself under the truck by the time I grabbed food for him. He was one hungreeee boy. I grabbed him and brought him inside. The rest, they say, is history.

He hated my cats since day one. He got his name because Callie was being a major pain in the rump over the new cat that she wasn't allowed to see.

Well it seems he's doing well. Getting along with the dog we worried about... playing and all. We figured their sweet shep mix would ignore him. Nope, he tried to ram through the sliding glass door! I hope they give these boys a very supervised face to face.

But on the human side, he's absolutely happy. Some more little hoomans came over and he happily played till he grew tired. Then he went and found a quiet hide hole. That makes me so happy. You have no idea how happy I am with that report.

Now to get big dog to not see him as prey.