My friend called crying early this morning to say her dog ate half a AA battery and all of its contents. She wondered what to do. She had called poison control and they said to bring him in for x-rays to the emergency vet, but half a battery isn't likely to get lodged in the intestines of a greyhound so I said they probably would let the battery part pass and not do anything for removing it. It was a lithium battery and not a mercury battery so I asked if he had burns on his tongue. She said no he didn't and he was acting fine. I told her to give him some milk and wait for the vet to open in an hour because I know I've read that milk is ok for battery acid incidents. Well, she waited until they opened and then I guess the vet had her give the dog peroxide to induce vomitting. She didn't know better so she did it, but I was shocked a vet would have her do this when its a case of battery acid. Does this sound like the proper thing to do for this case? Tonight she says his skin is a little red but other than that he's ok behavior-wise. I told her she should take him in asap if she notices blood in his stool or if he has difficulty eating because he could have ulcers or burns from the acid. Has anybody been through this before?