Page 19 of 23 FirstFirst ... 91011121314151617181920212223 LastLast
Results 271 to 285 of 331

Thread: gas prices in your area?

  1. #271
    Join Date
    Jun 2005
    Location
    Knoxville, TN
    Posts
    9,553
    Isn't some oil refinery shutting down/shut down because of the hurricane? That's what my mom said, and it would explain why I paid $3.35 for gas today.
    ♥Bri [HUMAN]♥
    ♥Lily [POMERANIAN], Brennan [APBT], Lilo [AUSSIE], Bailey [APBT]♥
    ♥Tallulah[CALICO], Domino [TUXIE]♥



    “Dream what you want to dream; go where you want to go; be what you want to be,
    because you have only one life and one chance to do all the things you want to do.”


    In Loving Memory <3
    Roxy Lily Brennan
    Facebook TigerLily Photography

  2. #272
    Join Date
    May 2002
    Location
    Ploss's Halfway House for Homeless Cats
    Posts
    18,325
    Lowest I've seen this week is $3.77. That's when I fill up.

    Rest In Peace Casey (Bubba Dude) Your paw print will remain on my heart forever. 12/02
    Mollie Rose, you were there for me through good times and in bad, from the beginning.Your passing will leave a hole in my heart.We will be together "One Fine Day". 1994-2009
    MooShoo,you left me too soon.I wasn't ready.Know that you were my soulmate and have left me broken hearted.I loved you like no other. 1999 - 2010See you again "ONE FINE DAY"
    Maya Linn, my heart is broken. The day your beautiful blue eyes went blind was the worst day of my life.I only wish I could've done something.I'll miss your "premium" purr and our little "conversations". 1997-2013 See you again "ONE FINE DAY"

    DO NOT BUY WHILE SHELTER ANIMALS DIE!!

  3. #273
    Join Date
    Feb 2004
    Location
    Concordia Lutheran Home in Cabot
    Posts
    7,816
    Up here in the Concordia area, the lowest price is $3.49 a gallon. I'm sure with the labor day weekend coming up, the prices will climb again.

  4. #274
    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Location
    Litter Box, Greenville, SC
    Posts
    4,676
    #3.24 per gallon among the lowest
    Anne
    Meowmie to Mr. Spunky, Samwise, Lady Jane, Bob, and Callie.





    RIP Emily (Oct 8, 2013), Rose (Sept 24, 2001), Maggie (Fall 2003)

  5. #275
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Location
    Australia
    Posts
    8,169
    Here in Armidale today.........
    $1.48 per litre.

    1litre = 0.2642 US gal.
    1 US Gallon = 3.785 litres
    3.785 litres X $1.48 = $5.60

    Convert $5.60 AUS into $US = $5.95 US

    Sheesh.....and you are all whinging about the price being between $3 and $4 ?
    We are paying nearly double here downunder.


    "I'm Back !!"

  6. #276
    Join Date
    Jun 2005
    Location
    Deep-N-Heart of Tx && My Babie's Hearts
    Posts
    15,558
    WoW I am impressed Wom that you knew how to do all of those table figures..

    Quote Originally Posted by wombat2u2004 View Post
    Here in Armidale today.........
    $1.48 per litre.

    1litre = 0.2642 US gal.
    1 US Gallon = 3.785 litres
    3.785 litres X $1.48 = $5.60

    Convert $5.60 AUS into $US = $5.95 US

    Sheesh.....and you are all whinging about the price being between $3 and $4 ?
    We are paying nearly double here downunder.

    ~~~Thank You Very Much {Kim} kimlovescats for the Grand Siggy~~~

    [[ Furr Babies are Like Potato Chips **** No One Can Have Just One ]]
    ****** Kindness, Mercy & Justice to All Living Creatures ******
    {{{{{Everyday is a Gift = That's why it's Called the Present }}}}}
    ((( Each Day With Our Pets is a Surprise Package Waiting to be Opened )))
    <Sunsets are God's Reminder to Us That At The End of the Day We're All In This Together>

  7. #277
    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Location
    Litter Box, Greenville, SC
    Posts
    4,676
    Are your high prices due to taxes or higher profits for the companies?


    Quote Originally Posted by wombat2u2004 View Post
    Here in Armidale today.........
    $1.48 per litre.

    1litre = 0.2642 US gal.
    1 US Gallon = 3.785 litres
    3.785 litres X $1.48 = $5.60

    Convert $5.60 AUS into $US = $5.95 US

    Sheesh.....and you are all whinging about the price being between $3 and $4 ?
    We are paying nearly double here downunder.
    Anne
    Meowmie to Mr. Spunky, Samwise, Lady Jane, Bob, and Callie.





    RIP Emily (Oct 8, 2013), Rose (Sept 24, 2001), Maggie (Fall 2003)

  8. #278
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Location
    Australia
    Posts
    8,169
    Quote Originally Posted by lvpets2002 View Post
    WoW I am impressed Wom that you knew how to do all of those table figures..
    Thanks Helene. I needed that.
    A compliment from a Texan is what we Aussies regard as a windfall.
    We here downunder believe that one day we will have something bigger and better than you all have there in Texas.
    Ohhh....time to go feed the pet mice.........


    "I'm Back !!"

  9. #279
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Location
    Australia
    Posts
    8,169
    Quote Originally Posted by mrspunkysmom View Post
    Are your high prices due to taxes or higher profits for the companies?
    What ??? You think the honest oil companies and the great goverment we have here has something to do with the cost ????
    That's utterly ridiculous !!!!


    "I'm Back !!"

  10. #280
    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Location
    Litter Box, Greenville, SC
    Posts
    4,676
    Nooooooooooooooooooo.

    When my friends point out how high are gas is, I point out that people in other countries pay way more than we do. A lot of that higher cost has to do with taxes. I was really asking how much is economics, such as availability, versus taxes.

    FYI, my home state has higher gas taxes and taxes in general than the state where I work and reside. As a result, the roads are in better condition, and the state can offer more services.

    My state of residence, SC, tried to secede from the Union once before and there are several "old families" in this state that would do it again in a heartbeat. Our taxes are lower, but the services are lacking. And the infrastructure is failing.

    I don't want to part with any more of my money than I have to, but it would be nice to drive down the state and local roads and not hit potholes.



    Quote Originally Posted by wombat2u2004 View Post
    What ??? You think the honest oil companies and the great goverment we have here has something to do with the cost ????
    That's utterly ridiculous !!!!
    Anne
    Meowmie to Mr. Spunky, Samwise, Lady Jane, Bob, and Callie.





    RIP Emily (Oct 8, 2013), Rose (Sept 24, 2001), Maggie (Fall 2003)

  11. #281
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Location
    Australia
    Posts
    8,169
    Quote Originally Posted by mrspunkysmom View Post
    Nooooooooooooooooooo.

    When my friends point out how high are gas is, I point out that people in other countries pay way more than we do. A lot of that higher cost has to do with taxes. I was really asking how much is economics, such as availability, versus taxes.

    FYI, my home state has higher gas taxes and taxes in general than the state where I work and reside. As a result, the roads are in better condition, and the state can offer more services.

    My state of residence, SC, tried to secede from the Union once before and there are several "old families" in this state that would do it again in a heartbeat. Our taxes are lower, but the services are lacking. And the infrastructure is failing.

    I don't want to part with any more of my money than I have to, but it would be nice to drive down the state and local roads and not hit potholes.
    Hmmmm, I suppose it's the same here.
    I think tho that it all comes down to simple political economics.
    "The more we can scrape out of them, the more potholes we can fix"


    "I'm Back !!"

  12. #282
    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Location
    Litter Box, Greenville, SC
    Posts
    4,676
    So, it's $3.35 this weekend.
    Anne
    Meowmie to Mr. Spunky, Samwise, Lady Jane, Bob, and Callie.





    RIP Emily (Oct 8, 2013), Rose (Sept 24, 2001), Maggie (Fall 2003)

  13. #283
    Join Date
    Jun 2005
    Location
    Knoxville, TN
    Posts
    9,553
    Glad I'm not an Aussie .

    $3.45 here. Though I saw it somewhere on the other side of town for like $3.36. Oh well, I'll be paying $3.45 when I go fill up Buttercup shortly .
    ♥Bri [HUMAN]♥
    ♥Lily [POMERANIAN], Brennan [APBT], Lilo [AUSSIE], Bailey [APBT]♥
    ♥Tallulah[CALICO], Domino [TUXIE]♥



    “Dream what you want to dream; go where you want to go; be what you want to be,
    because you have only one life and one chance to do all the things you want to do.”


    In Loving Memory <3
    Roxy Lily Brennan
    Facebook TigerLily Photography

  14. #284
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Location
    Illinois, USA
    Posts
    24,262
    A couple of blocks away from where I work, there's a Mobil station. It went from $3.45 Tuesday evening to $3.65 this morning. 20 cents in two days?!
    Yikes! I've been Boo'd ... right off of the stage!
    Aaahh, I have been defrosted! Thank you, Bonny and Asiel!
    Brrrr, I've been Frosted! Thank you, Asiel and Pomtzu!


    "That's the power of kittens (and puppies too, of course): They can reduce us to quivering masses of Jell-O in about two seconds flat and make us like it. Good thing they don't have opposable thumbs or they'd surely have taken over the world by now." -- Paul Lukas

    Cassie's Catster page: http://www.catster.com/cats/448678

  15. #285
    Join Date
    Jun 2000
    Location
    Waltham, MA, USA
    Posts
    35,308
    Yikes! I noticed the Shell station's price went up 10 cents in 2 days, and I thought that was bad! Right now, you can pay anywhere from $3.25 (which we filled Turtle up on) to $3.65 a gallon for the cheapest grade of gas, depending on the station, all within a couple miles of each other. They will charge what the market will bear, no question of that!
    I've Been Frosted

Similar Threads

  1. Gas prices again
    By davidpizzica in forum General
    Replies: 32
    Last Post: 05-16-2007, 07:02 PM
  2. Gas Prices
    By Craftlady in forum General
    Replies: 12
    Last Post: 09-22-2005, 07:08 PM
  3. What are gas prices in your area?
    By Kfamr in forum General
    Replies: 32
    Last Post: 01-13-2005, 06:44 AM
  4. Gas Prices
    By ramanth in forum General
    Replies: 12
    Last Post: 04-02-2004, 08:47 AM
  5. Vet Prices....
    By Desert Arabian in forum General
    Replies: 25
    Last Post: 12-11-2002, 07:23 PM

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

Copyright © 2001-2013 Pet of the Day.com