Page 94 of 251 FirstFirst ... 4484858687888990919293949596979899100101102103104144194 ... LastLast
Results 1,396 to 1,410 of 3765

Thread: Politics and religion.

  1. This assault rifle at presidential event makes me so very sad and so very sick and so very ashamed.

    Are these men so desperate for attention or so small that they must take assault rifles with them??

    Where are the people who were so concerned about Air Force One being flown over Manhattan...that was so frightening...and this isn't????

  2. #1397
    Join Date
    Apr 2001
    Location
    indianapolis,indiana usa
    Posts
    22,840
    Quote Originally Posted by Edwina's Secretary View Post
    This assault rifle at presidential event makes me so very sad and so very sick and so very ashamed.

    Are these men so desperate for attention or so small that they must take assault rifles with them??

    Where are the people who were so concerned about Air Force One being flown over Manhattan...that was so frightening...and this isn't????

    Where are the President's security people? It might be legal by a State's
    statute, but they shouldn't permit this around any President. There are two
    many wingnuts that might think they are right to kill a public official.
    I've Been Boo'd

    I've been Frosted






    Today is the oldest you've ever been, and the youngest you'll ever be again.

    Eleanor Roosevelt

  3. Quote Originally Posted by lizbud View Post
    Where are the President's security people? It might be legal by a State's
    statute, but they shouldn't permit this around any President. There are two
    many wingnuts that might think they are right to kill a public official.
    Gosh Liz...can't interfer with their Second Amendment Rights! Uzzis in our schools, churches, shopping malls, movie theaters, hospitals, workplaces, and town hall meetings...

  4. #1399
    Join Date
    Oct 2003
    Location
    Michigan
    Posts
    8,558
    Quote Originally Posted by lizbud View Post
    Where are the President's security people? It might be legal by a State's
    statute, but they shouldn't permit this around any President. There are two
    many wingnuts that might think they are right to kill a public official.
    They were outside - the President was inside - none of them got anywhere near him. And if they had wanted to go inside, they would have relinquished the weapons.

    In Arizona, one can legally carry just as they were doing. As was stated in the CNN article -
    The individuals would never have gotten in close proximity to the president, regardless of any state laws on openly carrying weapons, he said. A venue is considered a federal site when the Secret Service is protecting the president and weapons are not allowed on a federal site, he added.

    In both instances, the men carrying weapons were outside the venues where Obama was speaking.

  5. And what was the point? To merely endanger the people who were there, but not the president? Does a weapon like that REALLY belong in a crowd of people?

    I somehow expect if I walked around Columbine High School carrying a weapon like that - people would be appalled. Oh what I am I saying...maybe not.

  6. #1401
    Join Date
    Oct 2003
    Location
    Michigan
    Posts
    8,558
    Quote Originally Posted by Edwina's Secretary View Post
    Gosh Liz...can't interfer with their Second Amendment Rights! Uzzis in our schools, churches, shopping malls, movie theaters, hospitals, workplaces, and town hall meetings...
    In Arizona, you CANNOT carry in the following places -

    1. Anywhere you can consume alcohol on the premises. If you can drink alcohol there, you cannot legally carry a firearm there.

    2. School grounds (K-12, Colleges, Universities, etc.)

    3. Private property (stores, malls, etc.) that post a sign stating that they do not permit firearms. Also, they can prohibit without a sign by informing you directly that they do not permit firearms on their property.

    4. Federal Office Buildings (BIG no no)

    5. Some State Government buildings including courthouses.

    6. Post Offices

    7. Nuclear or Hydroelectric Generating Stations

    8. Polling places on election day

    9. National Parks or Game Preserves

    10. Correctional Facilities

    11. Airports (inside the security cordon)

    12. Indian reservations ( You need to check with the tribal police, it is about a 50/50 split who does and who doesn't.)

  7. I believe they just amended that law...you can now take your Uzzi into a bar or any other establishment that serves liquor.

    guns in bars
    Last edited by Edwina's Secretary; 08-18-2009 at 05:28 PM. Reason: to add link

  8. #1403
    Join Date
    Oct 2003
    Location
    Michigan
    Posts
    8,558
    Quote Originally Posted by Edwina's Secretary View Post
    And what was the point? To merely endanger the people who were there, but not the president? Does a weapon like that REALLY belong in a crowd of people?

    I somehow expect if I walked around Columbine High School carrying a weapon like that - people would be appalled. Oh what I am I saying...maybe not.
    I asked my husband that very question - what was the point? Personally, I thought it was pretty stupid, but legally they can do it.

    Douglas did say that in some places it is legal to carry open, but the minute you remove the gun from the holster/carrier it become illegal, and off you go to jail.

  9. I do not know the technicalities of taking a gun slung over your shoulder off to shift the weight or taking a gun off your shoulder to kill...and when that becomes illegal...nor do I particularly want to know.

    I realize they were legally carrying those guns. There are many things that are legal.

    And stupid and sick and reprehensible.

    There is a thread about little girls in beauty pagents. Those are legal...but stupid, sick and reprehensible.

  10. #1405
    Join Date
    Sep 2002
    Location
    Kentucky, LAND OF THE EASILY AMUSED
    Posts
    24,858
    JUst because the guy was black he should not be able to carry?

    LOLOLOLOL, if he was white it would be the second coming of Hitler.

    ----------------------

    No Shoes
    No Shirt
    No Shotguns!!!


    I thought it was great that this citizen went out with a gun on his back.

    I can assure you that both men were treated with respect for the day! Since the prez has HCR, nukes in the hands of the Pakis and what to do with Afghanistan on his mind, he should not be bothered.

    He is the prez, you know?

  11. Quote Originally Posted by RICHARD View Post
    JUst because the guy was black he should not be able to carry?

    LOLOLOLOL, if he was white it would be the second coming of Hitler.
    I do not know the race of any of the men who carried guns.

    Is that important to you?

  12. #1407
    Join Date
    Apr 2001
    Location
    indianapolis,indiana usa
    Posts
    22,840
    Quote Originally Posted by Grace View Post
    They were outside - the President was inside - none of them got anywhere near him. And if they had wanted to go inside, they would have relinquished the weapons.

    In Arizona, one can legally carry just as they were doing. As was stated in the CNN article -

    I remember President Kennedy being killed in public by a nut with a rifle.
    There seems to be no way to limit the sale of guns to stable people.
    I've Been Boo'd

    I've been Frosted






    Today is the oldest you've ever been, and the youngest you'll ever be again.

    Eleanor Roosevelt

  13. #1408
    Join Date
    Sep 2002
    Location
    Kentucky, LAND OF THE EASILY AMUSED
    Posts
    24,858
    I'm squealing like a teen!


    I just heard that Carly Fiorina is going to run against that twit, Bobwa Boxer!


    Carly for Cah lee fuh Nee Ah?


    DONE!

  14. Quote Originally Posted by RICHARD View Post
    I'm squealing like a teen!


    I just heard that Carly Fiorina is going to run against that twit, Bobwa Boxer!


    Carly for Cah lee fuh Nee Ah?


    DONE!
    Oh please. You and the two other people who will vote for her....

  15. #1410
    Join Date
    Oct 2003
    Location
    Michigan
    Posts
    8,558
    Quote Originally Posted by lizbud View Post
    I remember President Kennedy being killed in public by a nut with a rifle.
    There seems to be no way to limit the sale of guns to stable people.
    I just finished a book about the Secret Service. Back in 1963 Kennedy was warned, repeatedly, not to go to Dallas. By Senator Fulbright, by Adlai Stevenson, and others. Back then only 2 Secret Service agents had gone to Dallas to check things out. Not one building on the route was checked. These days, whenever there is a motorcade, buildings along the route are checked. Empty offices are sealed shut. Presidential cars are bullet proof.

    Today, Oswald would not have been able to reach that window. Kennedy would not have been in an open car.

Similar Threads

  1. Illinois Politics
    By Puckstop31 in forum Dog House
    Replies: 110
    Last Post: 10-13-2014, 03:32 PM
  2. My kind of politics!
    By RICHARD in forum Dog House
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 08-26-2010, 09:18 PM
  3. I hate politics!
    By Miranda_Rae in forum Dog House
    Replies: 21
    Last Post: 11-03-2004, 10:31 PM
  4. Foreign Politics.
    By RICHARD in forum Dog House
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 10-15-2004, 12:28 PM
  5. politics (richard!)
    By leslie flenner in forum Dog House
    Replies: 9
    Last Post: 07-27-2004, 02:21 PM

Tags for this Thread

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

Copyright © 2001-2013 Pet of the Day.com