Thread: Politics and religion.

  1. #2611
    Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Location
    Lancaster, PA - USA
    Posts
    1,570
    Quote Originally Posted by lizbud View Post
    The super rich have been getting a big break for the last 8 years now
    and how many jobs have they created so far through the largesse of the
    middle & lower class taxpayer? Trickle down economics is a myth.
    Do a little homework dear.... Find out how many jobs were created after Bush signed the current tax rates into law. What was the unemployment rate in 2006? Hmmmmm......


    THEN look at what happened after the Democrats gained control of the purse. (Congress.....)


    Tell me what you find.


    I will give you one thing though.... Cutting tax rates, but not spending, is insane. Thus what we have now. So I am not really defending Bush here.... FYI. Basically, the people know how to spend our money better than .gov.
    "Unlike most of you, I am not a nut."

    - Homer Simpson


    "If the enemy opens the door, you must race in."

    - Sun Tzu - Art of War

  2. #2612
    Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Location
    Lancaster, PA - USA
    Posts
    1,570
    Quote Originally Posted by wombat2u2004 View Post
    The rich should be giving more back to those who enrich them, by paying a higher percentage of tax on their earnings.......after all...a loaf of bread costs the same whether you are rich or poor.
    Hooray for class warfare!!!!!

    You say "give back" like taxes are a choice.

    So, I should "give back" to my employees because their labor enriches me? Isn't that what their salary, health care plan, bonus, expense checks, etc is???

    Tell me, where does it end? Stop the whining about being "poor". Instead, use the freedom you have and go get it. Or not. No big deal, really.

    Or, in other words.... Don't hate the player. Hate the game.
    "Unlike most of you, I am not a nut."

    - Homer Simpson


    "If the enemy opens the door, you must race in."

    - Sun Tzu - Art of War

  3. #2613
    Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Location
    Lancaster, PA - USA
    Posts
    1,570
    Quote Originally Posted by lizbud View Post
    Trickle down economics is a myth.
    History, in a huge way, disagrees with you. If "bottom up", or Kenesyian economics worked.... What gives? Bush did it.... Obama did it.... Look where we are.

    I hope you bring up the mortgage crisis as an example of your point.
    "Unlike most of you, I am not a nut."

    - Homer Simpson


    "If the enemy opens the door, you must race in."

    - Sun Tzu - Art of War

  4. #2614
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Location
    Australia
    Posts
    8,169
    Quote Originally Posted by RICHARD View Post
    Please don't talk about me in that way....The Rich....
    Sorry mate. I guess I let loose after reading that email you sent to me about the US Dollar dropping. The way those dollar notes are sucked up by those rich AH's. I feel passionate about such things, and would like to take that dollar bill right back and keep it forever.


    "I'm Back !!"

  5. #2615
    Join Date
    Sep 2002
    Location
    Kentucky, LAND OF THE EASILY AMUSED
    Posts
    24,760
    Quote Originally Posted by wombat2u2004 View Post
    Sorry mate. I guess I let loose after reading that email you sent to me about the US Dollar dropping. The way those dollar notes are sucked up by those rich AH's. I feel passionate about such things, and would like to take that dollar bill right back and keep it forever.
    Pay attention please.

    It was a hundred dollar note.

  6. #2616
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Location
    Australia
    Posts
    8,169
    Quote Originally Posted by Puckstop31 View Post
    Hooray for class warfare!!!!!

    You say "give back" like taxes are a choice.

    So, I should "give back" to my employees because their labor enriches me? Isn't that what their salary, health care plan, bonus, expense checks, etc is???

    Tell me, where does it end? Stop the whining about being "poor". Instead, use the freedom you have and go get it. Or not. No big deal, really.

    Or, in other words.... Don't hate the player. Hate the game.
    But I have used the freedom I have to go get it. And I have paid my employees fairly because they have enriched me. And I have paid my taxes with no complaints because I know that the taxes I pay will go to build my country and provide for those who never had the opportunities that I have had.
    Why would I want to make more money than I could spend in 3 lifetimes like some people do ??? There is plenty here for us all. No big deal, really.


    "I'm Back !!"

  7. #2617
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Location
    Australia
    Posts
    8,169
    Quote Originally Posted by RICHARD View Post
    Pay attention please.

    It was a hundred dollar note.
    It was ???? Then we'd better give it to Puck.
    He'll distribute it equitably.
    2% for the masses.
    98% profit.


    "I'm Back !!"

  8. #2618
    Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Location
    Lancaster, PA - USA
    Posts
    1,570
    Quote Originally Posted by wombat2u2004 View Post
    But I have used the freedom I have to go get it. And I have paid my employees fairly because they have enriched me. And I have paid my taxes with no complaints because I know that the taxes I pay will go to build my country and provide for those who never had the opportunities that I have had.
    Why would I want to make more money than I could spend in 3 lifetimes like some people do ??? There is plenty here for us all. No big deal, really.
    Wow. Wom..... I never knew you were so clairvoyant. Neat.

    You know what we pay our staff. You know the bonus we give. My whole business is about our people. Our people rock. They are the reason why we shattered our revenue goal this year. Lets just say they really enjoyed the Christmas party. So, you see I am more than willing to "share the wealth" as you seem to be getting at. But on my terms, not some loser politicans. See, capitalism rewards hard work. Welfare (taxes) rewards sloth.


    You and i will never see eye to eye. But do not for a second ever assume i do not take care of the people who share my success.

    Its the difference between belief in the success of the individual benefitting society (me) more than using class warfare (taxes. A position you seem to support) to take money i earned and give it to those who did not.

    Do not take his to seem as i am cold or motivated merely by profit. Your next responce is a sophmoric example. Its the difference between giving a fish and teaching HOW to fish. Freedom does not mean " a chicken in every pot. ".
    "Unlike most of you, I am not a nut."

    - Homer Simpson


    "If the enemy opens the door, you must race in."

    - Sun Tzu - Art of War

  9. #2619
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Location
    Australia
    Posts
    8,169
    Quote Originally Posted by Puckstop31 View Post
    Wow. Wom..... I never knew you were so clairvoyant. Neat.

    You know what we pay our staff. You know the bonus we give. My whole business is about our people. Our people rock. They are the reason why we shattered our revenue goal this year. Lets just say they really enjoyed the Christmas party. So, you see I am more than willing to "share the wealth" as you seem to be getting at. But on my terms, not some loser politicans. See, capitalism rewards hard work. Welfare (taxes) rewards sloth.


    You and i will never see eye to eye. But do not for a second ever assume i do not take care of the people who share my success.

    Its the difference between belief in the success of the individual benefitting society (me) more than using class warfare (taxes. A position you seem to support) to take money i earned and give it to those who did not.

    Do not take his to seem as i am cold or motivated merely by profit. Your next responce is a sophmoric example. Its the difference between giving a fish and teaching HOW to fish. Freedom does not mean " a chicken in every pot. ".
    Greed is a disease.
    Maybe you should go see a doctor.


    "I'm Back !!"

  10. #2620
    Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Location
    Lancaster, PA - USA
    Posts
    1,570
    Thanks for reading my post wom. Let go of your baseless hate for me a sec and read what i posted.


    Did you miss the part about how well we share our success with our team?

    Or are you implying my lack of support for welfare is motivated by greed?
    "Unlike most of you, I am not a nut."

    - Homer Simpson


    "If the enemy opens the door, you must race in."

    - Sun Tzu - Art of War

  11. #2621
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Location
    Seward's Folly, AK
    Posts
    3,683
    Quote Originally Posted by lizbud View Post
    Trickle down economics is a myth.
    It seems trickle up poverty is becoming very real.
    I have a HUGE SIG!!!!



    My Dogs. Erp the Cat.

    Quote Originally Posted by Thomas Jefferson
    Tyranny is defined as that which is legal for the government but illegal for the citizenry.

  12. #2622
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Location
    Seward's Folly, AK
    Posts
    3,683
    Quote Originally Posted by Grace View Post
    Source: American Empire Before the Fall by Bruce Fein, page 164

    ------------------------------------------------------------------------------

    THIS is what our troops are fighting and dying for?
    This is why we shouldnt be PC, or worry about local cultures while waging war.
    Last edited by blue; 12-11-2010 at 01:11 AM.
    I have a HUGE SIG!!!!



    My Dogs. Erp the Cat.

    Quote Originally Posted by Thomas Jefferson
    Tyranny is defined as that which is legal for the government but illegal for the citizenry.

  13. #2623
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Location
    Australia
    Posts
    8,169
    Quote Originally Posted by Puckstop31 View Post
    Thanks for reading my post wom. Let go of your baseless hate for me a sec and read what i posted.


    Did you miss the part about how well we share our success with our team?

    Or are you implying my lack of support for welfare is motivated by greed?
    Awwwww....that's ok Pucky. I do read your posts for a laugh sometimes.
    Not very often tho, as I do find everyone else I know to be more interesting than you.
    So tell me, if you are so successful with team management blah blah blah, then why do you whinge all of the time ???


    "I'm Back !!"

  14. #2624
    Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Location
    Lancaster, PA - USA
    Posts
    1,570
    Quote Originally Posted by wombat2u2004 View Post
    Awwwww....that's ok Pucky. I do read your posts for a laugh sometimes.
    Not very often tho, as I do find everyone else I know to be more interesting than you.
    So tell me, if you are so successful with team management blah blah blah, then why do you whinge all of the time ???
    Why can't "progressives" ever answer a question?


    Anyway, its not 'whining'. I do find it interesting that when YOU complain about the 'rich' getting richer, its not whining. But when I talk about wanting to preserve the ability to keep as much of what I EARN (and thus distribute it as I see fit.... It is MY money afterall.) I am 'whining'?


    Bury your head in the socialist nirvana idea all you want. History is on Liberty's side. Its NOT selfish for an individual to keep what they earn. Because then that individual spends it and thus other individuals benefit. Or, we can try it your way. Never let anyone fail. Print all the 'money' we need to ensure that everybody 'has a chance'. Then, the bills come due and no one wants your fake money any more.

    Like I said before.... I believe in the power of individual liberty. The freedom of the individual to chase their happiness. You seem to value the 'liberty' of the collective. Which is not really liberty at all.... Especially when what you want is not congruent with the current 'group think'.
    "Unlike most of you, I am not a nut."

    - Homer Simpson


    "If the enemy opens the door, you must race in."

    - Sun Tzu - Art of War

  15. #2625
    Join Date
    Apr 2001
    Location
    indianapolis,indiana usa
    Posts
    22,809
    Maybe now he'll accept the fact that he lost the election. It's over Joe,
    go home.

    http://abcnews.go.com/US/wireStory?id=12370922
    I've Been Boo'd

    I've been Frosted






    Men, it has been well said, think in herds. It will be seen that they go mad in herds, while they only recover their senses slowly, and one by one."
    Charles Mackay, Scottish journalist, circa 1841

Similar Threads

  1. Illinois Politics
    By Puckstop31 in forum Dog House
    Replies: 106
    Last Post: 11-21-2012, 03:13 PM
  2. My kind of politics!
    By RICHARD in forum Dog House
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 08-26-2010, 09:18 PM
  3. I hate politics!
    By Miranda_Rae in forum Dog House
    Replies: 21
    Last Post: 11-03-2004, 10:31 PM
  4. Foreign Politics.
    By RICHARD in forum Dog House
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 10-15-2004, 12:28 PM
  5. politics (richard!)
    By leslie flenner in forum Dog House
    Replies: 9
    Last Post: 07-27-2004, 02:21 PM

Tags for this Thread

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

Copyright © 2001-2013 Pet of the Day.com